Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Extended/Modern/Legacy Bans

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
FiReBLT

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:04 am    Post subject: New Extended/Modern/Legacy Bans Reply with quote

I don't see any announcements on the forums, so just as a heads up, there are new bannings in modern and extended!

http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/feature/161a
Acai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol seems like they are trying to dismantle all of Zoo's competition.
Lostwanderer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think mental misstep just became useless.
Acai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well from their explanation, they are trying to create more diversity and stop consistent turn 3 kills.
Lostwanderer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some cards defintely needed to be banned, Blazing shoal, i dont understand some cards though.
DonDiggy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well Ascension and Storm got crippled. Combo is still viable thought, still enough Cantrips to have a working Ascension or Twindeck. People gotta admit, having 8 such powerful Cantrips was way to much under the Misstep banning (which is important to have working Aggro-Decks, watch Legacy until latest Bannings).

Shoal Ban was pointless and stupid. Such an inconsistent Deck deserves to have a Turn2-Kill sometimes.

12-Post got doomed. It will transform into either an Urzatron-Build or Eldrazi-Lands. In both cases, it suffers from the missing Zeniths, no more 8 Titans to tutor up. The loss in speed plus the missing lifegain will cause any Aggrodecks not to have an Autoloss anymore. And, most importantly, these new directions of ramping up to Emrakul can be disrupted efficiently. Control can really face foot now. The crazy thing is: If control steps up, it will make Emrakul.dec competitive again. With a proper percentage of Control on the field, people could start using Summ-Trap to have the formerly known "Fattie outta nowhere".

But what many people forget: Zoo suffers a lot from the Bannings. In fact it suffers the most. No more Turn1 Dryad, no more tutored up Finks/Goyfs/Teegs/Mages. Already see Goyfs raising in Value because of Zenith loss.

With this being said, I'm pretty confident Merfolk will soon become the leading Aggrocontrol in meta, along with some generic UW-Builds. And I'm looking forward to it. We will have a Meta consisting of fast but inconsistent Aggro (Zoo, Doran, maybe even Jund /RDW/Wheenie), some medium speed Combo (Twin, Ascension, EldRamp) and some Control (Merfolk, UW, maybe UB).

Finally, some expectations:
Aggro beats Control.
Control Beats Combo.
Combo beats Aggro.

Seems like a healthy meta coming up.
Acai

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I'm assuming the upcoming Modern master will be applying this bans.
DonDiggy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Bannings always apply on Magic-League at the time they're announced in RL.

In other words: Those Bannings went active today. And I'm pretty sure there will soon be a headline on Mainpage confirming this.
Aladyyyn

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't like the banning of GSZ. I don't like it at all. In fact, I hate it.
But, I understand it with all the other stuff being banned.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1