Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Format

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:45 pm    Post subject: New Format Reply with quote

Frozen_Fire made this idea, but since he isn't around much, I figured I would progress it a bit further and test it out more.

Name: well... I don't have one... so for now it will be called 6 Pack.

How to play: You open a normal sealed pool (6 packs, get it?) and then add all the cards to your main deck (no basics unless you open them!!!). Essentially this means each player will have a deck size of 90 (Even if you open basics).

Rules: Normal magic rules apply except the following change is made. Since no lands (or close to no lands) will be in players' decks, you need mana somehow right? You can play any card from your hand as a LAND. This land has the same name as the card (for maelstrom pulse type purposes) but does nothing except has "TAP: Add mana to your mana pool equal to the cost of this card."

Example: You play Ranger of Eos as a land. You can tap it for 3W mana. that is 3 colorless mana and a white mana.

For definition purposes: The cards you play as lands have only the type "Land". If they leave play, they become their normal card again.

Exploring the format is key here. I will add some FAQ's as we go if they continue to arise. If you have any questions, see me in IRC or post them here. Thanks!

Last edited by moscowdemon on Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
kane2

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2011 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds pretty fun. should be interesting.
fr3dom07

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice idea. It seems a lot of funny Smile. The only one i think it lacks is the mana prodution. The idea to use normal cards as lands is good, but it would be better if that land could produce only one mana of the colour in it's mana cost ( multi-coloured would produce 1 mana again, one of it's colours each time, like dual lands )

I look forword to play that !!!
kane2

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fr3dom07 wrote:
Nice idea. It seems a lot of funny Smile. The only one i think it lacks is the mana prodution. The idea to use normal cards as lands is good, but it would be better if that land could produce only one mana of the colour in it's mana cost ( multi-coloured would produce 1 mana again, one of it's colours each time, like dual lands )

I look forword to play that !!!

This would be better otherwise X spells could get ridiculous
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no ck3gds... not just 1 mana. add the cards MANA COST to your pool
fr3dom07

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moscowdemon wrote:
no ck3gds... not just 1 mana. add the cards MANA COST to your pool

Moscowdemon, that would be insane. You will bring the God into the battlefild in Turn2
sc4rs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's actually not as insane as it sounds, except in artifact-heavy blocks. Most blocks you'll have trouble deciding whether to drop your huge bomb as a land to accel out little cards, or whether to try to slowly build up to your bomb by playing your one and two drops as lands. It's an interesting tradeoff that I've found doesn't feel like "Magic" in the truest sense of the word, but is fun nonetheless.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1