Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Innistrad Type 2: Steel Mentor

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Top8eR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Innistrad Type 2: Steel Mentor Reply with quote

Maindeck:

Artifacts
4 Flayer Husk
4 Mortarpod
2 Sword of Feast and Famine
3 Sword of War and Peace
1 Sylvok Lifestaff

Creatures
4 Invisible Stalker
4 Mentor of the Meek
4 Puresteel Paladin
2 Trinket Mage

Instants
3 Dispatch

Legendary Artifacts
2 Mox Opal

Sorceries
4 Ponder

Basic Lands
2 Island
9 Plains

Lands
4 Glacial Fortress
4 Inkmoth Nexus
4 Seachrome Coast

Stats:
Average mana: 1.15
Average creature mana cost: 2.43
Average creature power: 1.71
Average creature toughness: 1.71

Deck Composition:
Artifacts: 23.33%
Basic Lands: 18.33%
Creatures: 23.33%
Instants: 5.00%
Lands: 20.00%
Legendary Artifacts: 3.33%
Sorceries: 6.67%
Magx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you have to explain
Top8eR

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any suggestions i guess? lol
stephen_bonf

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard having a sideboard is good but cards to consider are spellskite to protect your puresteel paladin and dismember if you're expecting a heavy creature meta. Possible sideboards cards are Leonin Arbiter to slow pod down, some combination of revokes and divines for Tempered steel, and mana leaks for control decks to stop their titans or days from resolving.
Magx

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it's part of the rules forum to explain cards in your deck.
magicman85

PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2011 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Human deck going to tear that list apart
ChrRome

PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ponder is not a valid replacement for preordain. It's better to just have 4 other slots instead.
JJBeast

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2011 9:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, So Invisible Stalker (Hexproof Tormented Soul) is a nice thought to throw a Blade on. I see you are trying to reenact Caw-Blade there. The problem is you have no early card draw like Hawk gives. But I don't get much of the rest of the deck. I see you are trying to put Mentor, Puresteel, and Trinket Mage in there to combo Huge card draw and substitute for the Carddraw you miss with Caw. But in order to get the Cardraw you are throwing really poor cards in. You have no creature generation or comboing for Mortarpod to be valuable (currently Mortarpod and Basilisk collar, combo for insta kill, but Basilisk is gone). I don't think you have enough Spot removal. 3 Dispatches are cool, but maybe you remove 4 of the less useful equipment for Mana Leak, Oring, or even Dispense Justice. In fact Dispense Justice is one of many cards that will kill your Invisible Stalker even though he is hexproof.

With Caw-Blade, Twin, Valakut, Eldrazi Green all gone, you are going to start to see alot of Tempered Steel, Puresteel decks, and Human. And those decks are going to be FAST!!!. This deck is all weenie creatures but takes a while to ramp up its card draw. By then you will be killed. Think of a typical Tempered Steel Draw. Turn 1 Memnite, Mox Opal, Signal Pest, and maybe one other weenie. Turn 2 Tempered Steel for 11 damage. Not many decks will compete with that draw except Mono-Red or UB control, but at least the other decks will ramp up big by turn 4 or 5. What are your counters? You simply will start to get decent card draw but won't be able to really ramp with all the weenies and no bonuses.
boeda

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Amen.
Top8eR

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta agree with everything JJ said. Deck is scrapped for now Razz
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1