Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Searching for the Extended

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic

What would you like for extended vs Modern?
Extended should be an active format together with Modern
25%
 25%  [ 3 ]
Modern shouldn't be added in Mtg formats from the Beggining
16%
 16%  [ 2 ]
It's time to forget about Extended. It's time for Modern!!!!
58%
 58%  [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 12

fr3dom07

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 5:01 am    Post subject: Searching for the Extended Reply with quote

What about Extended now that Modern came out? Does Modern bring the burial of Extended or is just the love for the new thing Modern brings that noone plays ext any more?

My personal opinion is that Extended is a very solid, rotated, but solid format that is a lot of fun and more importantly ιτ escapes from the chaos of choices and annoying combos that legacy has. I feel that modern will be the same way in a few years and the difference from legacy will be nothing.

On the other side Extended is gonna be a format with surprises new topics and strategies. Anyone will be able to build a good ext deck. But i wonder how the new Magic players who will start in a few years will find Old Modern cards which will hide in the shadows for them like the old Legacy cards
Halldir

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

modern mades me terribly sick... as whole mtg in last time... so few decks dominating...
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extended has been awful since they cut it from seven sets to 4 - Modern is fine.

One of the biggest drawbacks of legacy is the fact that Wizards has sworn never to reprint specific cards which are in high demand for legacy, but there is no such restriction on modern cards so the prices will stay relatively reasonable.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still enjoy extended, although JTMS and SFM annoy me greatly but as already mentioned, with Fae rotating, the format should see more play.

Modern is great-I have been playing Yanky Fae:

/ Lands
2 [CHP] Mutavault
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
1 [RAV] Sacred Foundry
3 [GP] Steam Vents
2 [DIS] Hallowed Fountain
3 [SOM] Island (3)
1 [RAV] Plains (3)
2 [SHM] Mountain (4)

// Creatures
4 [M12] Grim Lavamancer
4 [FNM] Spellstutter Sprite
4 [JGC] Vendilion Clique
4 [LRW] Mistbind Clique

// Spells
4 [M11] Lightning Bolt
4 [RAV] Lightning Helix
4 [M11] Preordain
2 [CHP] Electrolyze
4 [RAV] Remand
4 [CFX] Path to Exile

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [M12] Flashfreeze
SB: 3 [M11] Celestial Purge
SB: 2 [GP] Shattering Spree
SB: 3 [ALA] Ethersworn Canonist
SB: 3 [TSB] Disenchant

Wrong place to post but wotev!!~~

Back on topic,,,I hope all keep playing extended- even though xJudicatorx is correct, it has been worse since it was cut from 7 to 4 sets.

Peace and love to all
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1