Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

u/w control

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
paulallan

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: u/w control Reply with quote

Future standard
The idea here is to build a deck that can be at least tier 2 standard now but will be tier 1 when standard rotates and there’s no longer m11 or zen block to pick from.
There’s normally 250 or so card in a new large block and there’s no doubt that some of those cards will impact standard but most of the cards we already have and we’ve already seen the rise and fall of the scars of mirrodin block decks and answers to them in the core set.
After the success caw-blade had over the last standard even after the banning of jace and stoneforge I thought something similar would hold its own post rotation.
main deck
4 blade splicer
4 hero of bladehold
1 consecrated sphinx
3 gideon jura
4 ponder
4 mana leak
3 negate
3 dismember
2 oblivion ring
3 sword of feast and famine
4 timely reinforcements
4 inkmoth nexus
6 island
4 glacial fortress
7 plains
4 seachrome coast

sideboard
4 day of judgment, 3 flashfreeze, 1 dismember, 2 oblivion ring, 4 mirran crusader, 1 sun titan
let me know what you think of the deck and its chances of surviving rotation.
thx for you time

paulallan(mtgo)
JFain189

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cut timely reinforcements your playing way to many creatures for that to be worth it, play 1 or 2 day of judgements main and play more oblivion rings
P_P4E

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JFain189 wrote:
Cut timely reinforcements your playing way to many creatures for that to be worth it, play 1 or 2 day of judgements main and play more oblivion rings

So he has too many creatures to play timely reinforcements, but you want him to cram in maindeck day of judgement?

It's impossible to worry about post-rotation, So don't. Worry about now.
struikje

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems a bit early to be working on that, as you won't be able to playtest it for more then a month.

just 3 ponders and a single sphinx for card draw seems very little to me. Divination (or even the azure mage) could replace the beleren slot.
paulallan

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seems like a long time ago i first posted this, so far they have been 105 new spoiled cards from innistrad so i'd thought i'd up date the deck list wit a few playables from said spoiliers, but the deck stay and agressive control deck.

(md)
4 glacial fortress
3 haunted moorland
4 inkmoth nexus
6 island
6 plains
4 seachrome coast

2 azure mage
2 snapcaster mage
3 blade splicer
3 hero of bladehold
2 consecrated sphinx

3 gideon jura

4 ponder
4 mana leak
1 negate
3 dismember
2 sword of feast and famine
2 timely reinforcement
2 day of judgment

(sb)
4 elite inquisitor
4 flashfreeze
3 ratchet bomb
2 timelt reinforcements
1 day of judgment
1 sun titan

i'm still hoping for a new counter spell from innistrad and then the deck composition would change a little but for now this will be fine and suits my style.
if i've missed anything let me know c & c always welcome ?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1