Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Creeping Death

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
hawkman3111

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:15 pm    Post subject: Creeping Death Reply with quote

I've been here a couple weeks now and this is what Ive come up with.
This deck is winning often now vs good players and top decks. It does well against the birthing pod and the splinter twin in particular.

4 tectonic edge, 4 razorvine thicket, 7 plains, 7 forests.(maybe swap a plains for another forest)

4 Llanowar elves, 4 Birds of Paradise, 4 primordial hydra, 4 solemm simulacrum, 4 leonin arbiter

4 vines of vastwood, 4 emerge unscathed, 3 torpor orb

garruk wildspeaker, garruk primal hunter, elspeth tirel, ajani goldmane.

The sideboard includes:fog, back to nature, warpriest of thune, and blinding mage.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a lot of reverse synergy in your deck - which is to say that you have a lot of ETB effects and search effects, but also cards to keep you from searching or getting ETB triggers.

Moreover, the detail in your post is shameful. Card choice discussion? Game plan? Matchup details?
hawkman3111

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is some reverse synergy, the golems and the arbiters dont work w torpor orb. But Ive found the golem to be just too handy. The Arbiters are mostly a distraction, I swap them out the other white creatures on a whim.

Mostly, I just try to get the hydra out, with an instant in my hand. Follow with a planeswalker, then I pretty much stay on my side of the board till hammer time.

It works good vs Pod and twin, and has a chance vs valkut, gobs, and tempered steel.

It hasnt been tested as much as the other decks up here, but it works OK. I also like it cuz I get to use cards no one else likes, like the hydra.
xBlueDemonx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahaha stupid deck
JJBeast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks to me you are hoping for that early Topor Orb. By Canceling "Enter the Battlefield effects", you can shut down many cards (ie Squadron Hawks, Blade Slicer, Deceiver Exarch, Valakut, titans,many of the the ETB creatures used with Birthing Pods). However, for some reason you only have 3, You not only need 4 in your deck but need some way to "Search your library" for that artifact, and frankly to protect it, like Spellskite and Counterspells. Sounds to me you should be playing White/Blue all around control until you get Topor to stop most top decks. Then get your one Power creature and protect him to the end. So find a Blue/White version of Primordial Hydra (i.e Consecrated Sphinx or Gideon). I would choose Gideon just because of his versatility and Value (6/6 protection from damage with Royal Assassin ability for 5 mana) Of course this deck will not stop Gobs/any Aggro Red, Vamps, Weenie White, Infect, or any other mass value creature. But maybe by playing White, if he gets the jump on you, you can wipe the board with Wrath of God or sideboard Ratchet Bomb to clear. I just think this deck is entirely dependent on Topor Orb to even come close to stopping Caw-Blade, Valakut, Twin, or Birthing Pod. In fact, I myself may build a BW control with Gideon, Elspirth, and mainboard Topor Orb, since it stops so many of those decks. Hell, now that I think of it, I could mainboard it in many non-ETB decks, since there is such a large chance of it being a deck stopper.
hawkman3111

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torpor orb is a staple for me in T2, I guess I should use 4.

I like the hydra for my big guy because I can bring him out on turn 2 or 3 often.

The point is to force the action, meaning get my opp to play his cards and extend himself. If I can add a planeswalker, and counter the kill spells...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1