Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Double faced cards

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Sandro

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
Halldir wrote:
xJudicatorx wrote:
@Halldir: But this idea isn't new, it's exactly the same as a mechnic from Kamigawa block.

@Astarael: The checklist card doesn't help for drafting, only for playing.

its very different, in kami block, the flip could go only one-way, here it is different

You're saying the big difference is....that it can flip back? I mean, this is a minor point.

Without making a way to flip back they couldn't make Werewolves, they'd just turn into werewolves and never turn back...
kendiggy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Kamigawa block, there was nothing saying the flip couldn't go back, it just never did. It's not like they couldn't just make flip cards that CAN flip back. I think it's stupid. It's obviously a marketing gimmick. I'll bet, too, if you do the research, you'll find that Hasbro owns at least one company that makes card sleeves.
LLSheep

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The big difference is that the flip involves both FACES of the card. It will not have a back with the five colors and "Magic: The Gathering" or "Deckmaster" on the back; it will be like 2 cards glued together, back to back.

This of course presents huge logistical problems for drafting as it gives away a ton of information to anyone who can see you.
MotC

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will try and stay away from INN limited. I don't feel like getting confused. They should have just used the Kamigawa Flip mechanic.
mickeboyy

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: . Reply with quote

The one who makes the cards / patch / Masterbase will have to do the double sided cards like Fire/Ice. And when it is use in a game, put a counter on or something when it's transformed, and remove the counter if it does transform back (If the cards can transform back also)
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell_Nash wrote:
I think its terrible idea.

I'm not sure what I hate more, the fact that you cant actually put this cards in your deck without certain style of sleeve or the fact that wizards is now printing proxies(they are calling them checklists). Rolling Eyes

How are you supposed to draft these without everyone at the table knowing you have them?

With these being printed, tournament legal cards don't have to have standard magic backings now. So what is the logic of that I cant use my world championship deck cards in sanctioned events now?

The idea that you take cards in and out of sleeves during game play seems very clunky and unnecessary.

Quote:
So what is the logic of that I cant use my world championship deck cards in sanctioned events now?

Yes, this here.
zebo_88

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Russell_Nash wrote:
I think its terrible idea.

I'm not sure what I hate more, the fact that you cant actually put this cards in your deck without certain style of sleeve or the fact that wizards is now printing proxies(they are calling them checklists). Rolling Eyes

How are you supposed to draft these without everyone at the table knowing you have them?

With these being printed, tournament legal cards don't have to have standard magic backings now. So what is the logic of that I cant use my world championship deck cards in sanctioned events now?

The idea that you take cards in and out of sleeves during game play seems very clunky and unnecessary.

Absolutely agree with you. I don't really know how did they get this terrible idea when they know that this mechanic will cause lots of issues and misunderstandings, and when they had several confortable ways to avoid this (i.e. kamigawa flips, invasion doubles, or also print tokens that represent the flipped card) Anyone knows? How can this lift sells?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2