Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Urw angel/hawk

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
rentintin3

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Urw angel/hawk Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
2 [M10] Mountain (4)
2 [ZEN] Island (3)
2 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
3 [WWK] Celestial Colonnade
1 [SHM] Reflecting Pool
1 [RAV] Plains (2)
3 [RAV] Sacred Foundry
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
3 [DIS] Hallowed Fountain
2 [GP] Steam Vents

// Creatures
4 [M11] Squadron Hawk
3 [TSB] Lightning Angel
3 [MOR] Vendilion Clique

// Spells
4 [ZEN] Spreading Seas
4 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant
1 [SHM] Firespout
4 [M12] Ponder
4 [MPR] Lightning Helix
3 [DIS] Odds/Ends
2 [8E] Mana Leak
2 [MBS] Sword of Feast and Famine
3 [GP] Repeal

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [CMD] Wall of Denial
SB: 1 [SHM] Firespout
SB: 2 [BOK] Threads of Disloyalty
SB: 3 [M10] Pithing Needle
SB: 3 [LRW] Oblivion Ring
SB: 4 [ARB] Meddling Mage

I just wanted to post this.

maybe someone else has been playing something like this

troll away Rolling Eyes
struikje

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cards I'd add:

sword of fire and ice (at least 1, with all the creature decks out there).
Venser shaper savant.
kitchen finks (deffinitely in sb, maybe main).
cryptic command
remand
less ajani,
more card draw (jace B, muldrifter, jaces ingenuity, ..)
wrath
path to exile
gideon ( at least a 1 off)
Bribery

could you explain why that particular sb? i mean why wall of denial, where do you bring those in. Any graveyard hate? What do you side in against 12 post? Against 12 post, possible other control, you want bribery in sideboard. That card is just bonkers.

Also why do you use red? lightning angel really isn't worth it, with all the agro you want baneslayer over that. Firespout is less necessary when you got white, and 4 wrath of god, and 4 day of judgements available. I like ajani alot myself, but 4 is way to much.

I'm not a fan of that list, not at all^^

edit: if you play blue, a few hurkyl's recall will make your tempered steel matchup waaaaaay easier
styx^

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i wouldn't add venser but definitely the fireice sword, remand, command, finks for board, also i'd suggest a card most ppl prolly forgot about which should be awesome in the right deck for modern: court hussar! because imo with swords the vigilance should be awesome, and it gives carddraw!
rentintin3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4 [M11] Squadron Hawk
3 [TSB] Lightning Angel
3 [MOR] Vendilion Clique

// Spells
4 [ZEN] Spreading Seas - Its good vs post and zoo plus replaces itself
4 [ALA] Ajani Vengeant - stops pretty much all creatures and its good vs post
1 [SHM] Firespout - kills most zoo and ww creatures and none of mine plus its 1 less then wrath
4 [M12] Ponder
4 [MPR] Lightning Helix - I would be willing to cut some of these for maybe bolt
3 [DIS] Odds/Ends - this card is pretty good. it counters a counter or copies random cards like path, any ramp, bolts, really any good card. ENDS is good vs zoo like turn 5 in sword untap then blow out with end.
2 [8E] Mana Leak - I put this in here I mean if I cast game 1 then they have to play around it. also it add protection for everything. But I end up tapping out a lot so with out sword its not that great for this deck
2 [MBS] Sword of Feast and Famine
3 [GP] Repeal - this card is so good vs decks with bloom and it slows decks down like elves steel and zoo for cheap and I draw a card.

// Sideboard
SB: 2 [CMD] Wall of Denial - its was an ok card. I just wanted something that never died and blocked goyf and everything else
SB: 1 [SHM] Firespout
SB: 2 [BOK] Threads of Disloyalty - goyf
SB: 3 [M10] Pithing Needle - all kinds of decks but idk how great it is. but its good vs pod, martyer, plating, splinter twin
SB: 3 [LRW] Oblivion Ring - removal for stuff like fatties planeswalkers
SB: 4 [ARB] Meddling Mage - good vs post & combo and all that stuff plus it beats face.

remand is a great card and I wouldn't mind playing it at all same with command.

venser costs 4 and doesn't do much for that cost.

sword of fire and ice isn't that good. yeah drawing a card is great but none of my creatures can die to bolt or doesn't care. PLus feast allows me to block goyf and KoR.

gideon is sik and I want to add 1 or 2 pretty bad.

path of exile pretty much stops my game plan so not using it.

mull drifter is slow slow same with jace

bribery is good and will add if I don't mash post after a good sample of games.

Lightning angel is good because it had a 4 toughness so anything out of red they use to kill her will also kill baneslayer. it protects ajani while attacking.

over all the odds/end end $ spout ass my sweepers have been good because I don't lose cards that way.

I wanted to add green for the groves/ package and goyf but I think it would just mess up it
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1