Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Modern Fecundity combo

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
Kewpee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Modern Fecundity combo Reply with quote

hi, i just wanted to see if the old fecundity combo would work in modern, then i remembered that skirk prospector was not in the block, but that did not hinder my search for a way to break fecundity. My first take used x4 Basal Sliver x4 Fecundity with consume spirit as the win con, however i didnt find it possible to gain enough draw without the ability to make mass slivers, you could however add something like x4 rite of flame x4 seething song x4 empty the warrens x2 hivestone but that eats up a lot of spots.

So i felt like i had to ditch that angle, i did some searching and i found something that makes the deck work in the same fashion as the old combo which for you that dont know is : Fecundity as soon as possible, seething song 5 red floating, skirk prospector 4 red floating empty the warrens for six goblins, sac all six to skirk, 6 red floating, draw six cards and continue to pretty much draw your entire deck adding mana all the way there to a massive grapeshot or fetch up a chieftain and swing in with mass goblins.

Now the card i found does exactly the same exact thing but the cost is higher making the deck a bit slower, which isnt half bad because the deck can run fine without comboing off, but can have a very explosive start into a turn 3-4 win.

Thermopod - 4R Coldsnap uncommon
Snow Creature - Slug

One Snow Mana : Thermopod Gains haste until end of turn

Sacrifice a creature : Add R to your mana pool

heres the shell i put together, did a hand full of goldfish games and works pretty well and consistent, another thing i found my self doing was winning without the combo thanks to chieftain, empty the warrens and or siege gang commander going off of a seething song or rite of flame chain as sort of a mini combo in deck. I run 4 green suns zeniths mostly to fetch the Lotus cobras early game and dryad arbors to add quick mana (more with cobra out) and add storm count, also it goes towards thermopod effectively turning GSZ into G : add GR to your mana pool Here is the aforementioned list

// Lands
4 Verdant Catacombs
4 Stomping Ground
2 Arid Mesa
4 Rootbound Crag
4 Dryad Arbor
3 Mountain
1 Forest

// Creatures
4 Thermopod
4 Lotus Cobra
4 Mogg War Marshal
2 Siege-Gang Commander
1 Goblin Chieftain

// Spells
4 Fecundity
4 Rite of Flame
4 Seething Song
4 Empty the Warrens
4 Green Sun's Zenith
2 Grapeshot
1 Banefire

No sb just yet as i do not fully understand moderns meta and will build accordingly, probably some form of alternate win condition and a mix up of removal and artifact hate.. maybe some Obstinate Baloths to help vs aggro... any ideas for that would be great Smile

also id like to test out fauna shaman in here to help dig up thermopods, but ive actually had more trouble finding fecundity, maybe some harmonize? or is there a much better way to dig for enchantments in modern? if there is someone please let me know Wink

any ideas and comments or if you have a list thats similar please post below, id like to bring this to a couple of local matches down at the card shop Smile
Spyx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

obv needs snow basics.
Kewpee

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sure sure, i guess if i ever needed to give thermopod haste :\ not gonna hurt the deck tho.. so why not Smile
Kewpee

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dismember for the board sounds decent enough thanks for the idea
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

shouldn't manamorphose be somewhere in there? dunno what to take out, just pointing to that card
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1