Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Learning the Lingo

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
olliemydoggy

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there. There is a website called tcg player and it provides very informative articles
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a google search for "Magic the Gathering Lingo" and this was the top result.

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/standard/3656_The_Magic_Dictionary_Magic_Slang_Explained.html
Pushover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 1:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You pick these up, Jund refers to GRB because of the Shards of Alara set, where the 5 shards were Jund, Esper (UBW), Grixis (URB) Naya (GRW), and Bant (UWG), many decks that are in those colors only are referred to by the name of the shard. Naya is also nicknamed 'Zoo' since it generally is an aggro deck with all sorts of different creatures.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobbob247 wrote:
Naya is also nicknamed 'Zoo' since it generally is an aggro deck with all sorts of different creatures.

Zoo is 5 colors, I don't know who told you that Zoo was Naya. In particular, Dark Confidant is a constant piece of the Zoo deck as well as Tribal Flames.
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
bobbob247 wrote:
Naya is also nicknamed 'Zoo' since it generally is an aggro deck with all sorts of different creatures.

Zoo is 5 colors, I don't know who told you that Zoo was Naya. In particular, Dark Confidant is a constant piece of the Zoo deck as well as Tribal Flames.

you are thinking of 5-color zoo/Tribal Zoo. RGW Aggro/Burn decks existed before the 4-5 color versions became viable thanks to Ravniva duals
sc4rs

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tribal Zoo is called "Tribal" Zoo because Zoo was used to describe 3 color RGW agro decks that played Apes/Lions/Bears since, like, forever ago.

Zoo being used to describe 5 color agro only is a very new thing.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called "Tribal" Zoo because of the inclusion of Tribal Flames. Before that it was Gaea's Might Get There.
Tao

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc4rs wrote:
Tribal Zoo is called "Tribal" Zoo because Zoo was used to describe 3 color RGW agro decks that played Apes/Lions/Bears since, like, forever ago.

hahahah why not
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Learning the Lingo Reply with quote

Fitness wrote:
Hello ML!

I'm very new here and a "returning" player (played from Ice Age till Exodus) and I was wondering if there is a good place (other than treading through countless threats) to learn a few key terms about decks and such i.e. aggro? jund? etc...

Thanks!

I can already tell that you're a good player.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1