Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Howling Mine - two directions to go

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
fdart17

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. I'd like to playtest this! If anyone else has ideas on replacing the tap card with replicate and or the viability of these decks please post!
turdferguson

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont think the owl list is playable unless u find a way to get game vs zoo, i 6-0 my nats back in the day with owling mine and i found that zoo is almost an unwinnable matchup, and since it will be the number one most deck played that u shudnt play it probably unless u have decent game vs it, the matchup is like 0-100% almost
styx^

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: styx^ Reply with quote

http://gatherer.wizards.com/pages/card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=88799

as long as i don't see that in your list, don't fucking call it Owling Mine... because the deckname came from the mixture of Howling Mine and Ebony Owl Netsuke
Spyx

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firespout is better then fallout against zoo. Fallout doesn't even kill their one drop...
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turbofog loses to 12 post. Try to fog his annihlator trigger or mill his emrakul. HF and a lot needed GL. Wink
Spyx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes slagstorm would be better
MassO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You Need: EXHAUSTION!!!, basically makes them skip a turn, and Temple bell is good, but I would consider Rites of Flourishing instead, considering it is an Exploration and a Howling mine all in one.

Ebony Owl Netsuke would be a great card in the board, to be replaced by say Lumnarch?, and maybe a one or two of, of Evacuation for the Eldrazi guys.
chopsaw

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

styx blows men
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1