Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The aliens are coming to wreck havok... and play magic.

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:34 am    Post subject: The aliens are coming to wreck havok... and play magic. Reply with quote

I decided to make this thread out of curiosity and boredom so, if you think it's interesting, comment. If not, just ignore me.

He's the thing: if hostile aliens invaded earth and the future of mankind were to be determined by 5 individual Magic: the Gathering games in a not-yet-determined format against the most advanced alien intellect, which 5 players would you pick to play these games and why?
magicman85

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow i feel bad for you bro
Lostwanderer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off. The aliens would ahve the abiltiy to see throguh cards in all likely hood, secondly. if the aliens decided to play fair for some bizzare reason, i dont think it would matter who we chose because they would ahve the most knowlege on deck buildign asthey would go throught the net and see the frequencies of which cards work best and woul ahve the most rediculous side board for any format. Including limited.
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would choose The four southpark boys and.... Butters. They ALWAYS find a way.
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And they have all had Alien experiences before...
Poofter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd choose Goku, Vegeta, Piccolo, Gohan, and Trunks...
Strid3r

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems like you got inspired by Mortal Combat.
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lostwanderer wrote:
First off. The aliens would ahve the abiltiy to see throguh cards in all likely hood, secondly. if the aliens decided to play fair for some bizzare reason, i dont think it would matter who we chose because they would ahve the most knowlege on deck buildign asthey would go throught the net and see the frequencies of which cards work best and woul ahve the most rediculous side board for any format. Including limited.

No. These aliens don't have special powers. They are just VERY smart (200+ IQ), but duo to some cultural bias, they always challenge people of the planets they conquer to some obscure local competition, cause they feel like they should be able to beat their slaves in EVERYTHING and thus crush their spirits. Also, are you really disputing the plausibility of ALIENS coming to play magic?

Now, will someone provide a non-troll answer?
Kabelis

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sligh_Br wrote:
Lostwanderer wrote:

No. These aliens don't have special powers. They are just VERY smart (200+ IQ), but duo to some cultural bias, they always challenge people of the planets they conquer to some obscure local competition, cause they feel like they should be able to beat their slaves in EVERYTHING and thus crush their spirits. Also, are you really disputing the plausibility of ALIENS coming to play magic?

Now, will someone provide a non-troll answer?

It's hard to provide a non-troll answer to a troll question
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kabelis wrote:
It's hard to provide a non-troll answer to a troll question

I was going for funny/cool/entertaining answers here.
Tao

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd pick Berrrrrrrack Obemeh & his trusty sidekick Joe. now gogogogoggoogogogoho get a life
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, for some reason I am responsible for choosing our representatives? Firstly, myself. If the fate of the world hangs in the balance, I wouldn't trust anyone else. Next PV and LSV. These guys are so reliable - they don't have to have a better deck to win, in any format. Definitely some representative of the Japanese, though I'm not really familiar enough with their names, because they can be counted on to find a meta-breaking deck. Finally, Chapin. If his innovative deck ideas and skilled play don't win for us, maybe his rap can convince the aliens that they don't want this planet after all.
MannyFresh

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not just ask who the top 5 MTG players in the world are?
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MannyFresh wrote:
Why not just ask who the top 5 MTG players in the world are?

Because this is less entertaining. And because this leaves out things like "who wouldn't fold under pressure", etc.

And xJudicatorx list looks a lot like my own. (3 out of 5... I'd also probably pick myself to, for the exact same reason... lol) ^^
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why pick humans when we could program computers.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2