Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono Blue Illusions

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
MassO

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the bear, the dragon and the image should all be in with the Lord.

that is 16 creatures and I believe that you are trying to make an aggro Blue deck which is kind of difficult.

So add in 3 Phyrexian Metamorph and 4 Adaptive Automation

That will make 23 creatures.

I would keep the Frost breath and I would decrease the Into the Roil to 3 and add in 3 Sleep

Keeping your mana base the same, you will now have 4 slots open these are the choices I see in no particular order:

1. Gitaxian Probe
2. Ponder
3. Preordain
4. Time Reversal
5. Spreading Seas
6. Jace Beleren

Git Probe is a freebie in a deck that wants to get smaller from the beginning, just fits.

Ponder/Preordain able to get a draw and set up atleast the next 2 turns, could even get you out of being mana screwed

Time Reversal the ability to restock your hand after the DoJ goes off is priceless.....problem is that opponent does also

Spreading Seas gets rid of the pesky Valakut and the man lands that are in every deck, and gives you a draw

Jace - a extra draw a turn starting 3rd turn will be almost like a Time reversal for you on turn 5.

I would be very tempted to play 4 of one of the U mana draw spells, Ponder, Preordain, Git Probe and cut back 1 Into the roil and one Frost breath to add 2 Jace also. With all the extra draw effects and tapping effects into the roil loses value as a draw spell. 2 is a good number with all the drawing.

Side:

Jin-Git is a wasted space along with the Turn Asides

Dismember should be in there along with 2 into the roil

Or if Spreading seas didnt make the starting 60 then it should be in the Board, very hard to counter/aggro your way to a win against Valakut.
judas_bcn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spellskite to protect lords before copying them.
going the beatdown 4 dragon does not sound bad to me, 5/5 flying for 4 with probably hexproof and lord dopped is always good. adaptative automaton is really good against those nasty protected swords, as well as above mentioned spellskites (which also helps against twin)

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
4 [WWK] Tectonic Edge
18 [OD] Island (3)

// Creatures
4 [M12] Phantasmal Bear
3 [NPH] Phyrexian Metamorph
4 [M12] Phantasmal Image
3 [NPH] Spellskite
4 [M12] Lord of the Unreal
4 [M12] Adaptative Automaton
4 [M12] Phantasmal Dragon

// Spells
4 [M11] Preordain
3 [LRW] Ponder
3 [M12] Mana Leak
2 [ZEN] Int the Roil / [M12] Frost Breath

Even cuting the metamorph to add more mana leak/into the roil/ frost breath or a couple of dismembers/act of agression/negate.
Also if you mean to be more agressive Skywinder Drake is cool if you change automaton for grand architect (which gives you a SB subtheme option with treasure mages and big artifacts).
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2