Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The world is watching

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern
EMerbaum

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:16 pm    Post subject: The world is watching Reply with quote

i will say this right now. the world will be clamoring over the results of this trial. this will be the first public modern tourny. what ever wins here will be format defining. good luck gentleman
NahHolmes

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hahahahaha & no...

To think that the PT Philly crowd is watching M-L for metagame ques is pretty laughable. It's possible a good deck could show up and give someone some ideas but to say an M-L trial is going to define the format when there is a PT event in 3 weeks is a joke.

PT Philly is going to define the format. Until then everyone will just keep assuming Zoo, Jund, and UG 12 Post are the decks to beat.
Blanchild

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is right. This site is well trusted about tier decks. I bet we will see @ the PT the majority of the top4 decks from this Trial.
Halldir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree with blan.... many ppl will look here for ideas
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They will copy here and claim it's their own creations !
Halldir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

true... how can add copyright mark to my deck?
Blanchild

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halldir wrote:

Play a scrap deck and win xD
Halldir

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blanchild wrote:
Halldir wrote:

Play a scrap deck and win xD

sick... you get my plan...
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NahHolmes wrote:
Hahahahaha & no...

To think that the PT Philly crowd is watching M-L for metagame ques is pretty laughable. It's possible a good deck could show up and give someone some ideas but to say an M-L trial is going to define the format when there is a PT event in 3 weeks is a joke.

PT Philly is going to define the format. Until then everyone will just keep assuming Zoo, Jund, and UG 12 Post are the decks to beat.
In general, M-L is about 2 weeks ahead of the real world metagame because we start playing new sets/formats 2 weeks before everyone else does. Because of this, watching M-L for cues about what to expect at a GP in 2 or 3 weeks is an excellent idea, and I'm sure many people will be doing just that.
FiReBLT

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At the very least, the top decks will provide a gauntlet for everyone to test against.
Blanchild

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Engrishskill wrote:
There is a pro who will play sonic boom w/ shackles or something to that effect; I would almost bet on it.

I don't think so, they suck against Zoo and Zoo is the most played deck in Modern now.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1