Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

[Metagame] Official Banlist

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: [Metagame] Official Banlist Reply with quote

This is the new Banlist.

Ancestral Vision
Ancient Den
Bitterblossom
Chrome Mox
Dark Depths
Dread Return
Glimpse of Nature
Golgari Grave-Troll
Great Furnace
Hypergenesis
Jace, the Mind Sculptor
Mental Misstep
Seat of the Synod
Sensei's Divining Top
Skullclamp
Stoneforge Mystic
Sword of the Meek
Tree of Tales
Umezawa's Jitte
Valakut, the Molten Pinnacle
Vault of Whispers

So, now there are various unplayable decks:
Faeries
Scapeshift
Affinity
Elfball
Dredge
Cawblade
Thopter combo
Hypergenesis

I think this is reasonable. The only card I would have kept is Mental Misstep. Here is their reasons:

Quote:
Of blue cards that are legal in Modern, Mental Misstep is the most played in Legacy, and it also has one of the more damaging effects on Modern by sitting on beatdown decks that want to start on turn one. We chose to ban it rather than put that much pressure on beatdown decks.

I think beatdown decks can deal with Misstep in many ways: turn-2 drop1, Guttural Response, another Misstep. Instead, blue decks cannot easily deal with turn1 threats like Goblin Guide, Nacatl, or else. But whatever.
Blanchild

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know why, I posted as a guest. It was me. Hi mom, I'm on tv.
cloysterd

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't be so quick to call Elfball unplayable. It can still make a lot of guys in a hurry, and there are other ways for it to draw cards.
Blanchild

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cloysterd wrote:
I wouldn't be so quick to call Elfball unplayable. It can still make a lot of guys in a hurry, and there are other ways for it to draw cards.

Yup, sure, but it's not as explosive as it was with Glimpse, so I assume it can't be strong enough to be competitive.
Blanchild

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Faliorn wrote:
Why on earth banning Mental Misstep?

Guess they should think the cards they release before to avoid this kind of things... Sad(

I bet they'll unban it post GP, or Zoo will become unstoppable for any bluebased control.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Modern All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1