Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My 3-0 Draft - Finally beat Syspunk!

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:37 pm    Post subject: My 3-0 Draft - Finally beat Syspunk! Reply with quote

Deadman Boros

Lands

9 Mountain
8 Plains

Creatures

1 Stormblood Bersekers
2 Goblin Fireslinger
1 Goblin Arsonist
3 Goblin Piker
2 Lightning Elemental
1 Gorehorn Minotaurs
1 Serra Angel
1 Benalish Veteran
2 Assault Griffin
1 Gideon's Lawkeeper
1 Stormfront Pegasus
1 Goblin Chieftain
1 Aegis Angel

Spells

1 Incinerate
1 Stave Off
2 Goblin Granade
1 Might Leap

Relevant Sideboard:

2 Celestial Purge
1 Combust
1 Stave Off
1 Alabaster Mage
1 Demystify
P_P4E

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

uhm...

Alabaster mage is INFINITELY better than lightning elemental
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
uhm...

Alabaster mage is INFINITELY better than lightning elemental

In abstract, yes. Not here, though. I already got lots of bears and can't really remove the goblins (2 grenades, 1 chieftain).

The mana curve dictates that I play the elementals, because they have a bigger impact on the game.
[paradox]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nah. P_P4E is correct alabaster mage should be in the lightning ele. spot. not close.
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nudude wrote:
nah. P_P4E is correct alabaster mage should be in the lightning ele. spot. not close.

You are both entitled to your opinions. Even if I'm 100% you are wrong. In fact, Elemental is not even the 40th card in the deck. I'd cut Assault Griffin before touching the Elementals (even if, again, they are a lot better in abstract).

In this format, drafting a deck is more important than just drafting good cards.
mortisimo

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sligh - I for one am going to have to agree with you. While I agree that the Alabaster Mage (worse of the mages) is way better than the light elem., in this deck the elementals make perfect sense. They give you the 4 power to take down any big beats that may threaten, but they also give you that 4 suprise damage which could lead to a greande for the win.

The deck looks very solid, and aggresive enough for this format. Did you play a blue aggro deck at all? I could see this deck losing to blue aggro with 3/1 drakes, bears, and adepts (Do to lack of quality removal). I like it though.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1