Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wg Tempered Steel Sideboard Help

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:55 pm    Post subject: Wg Tempered Steel Sideboard Help Reply with quote

Hello, I am trying to improve the SB of my Wg Tempered Steel deck. This is not an original list, obviously, but it IS my SB. Ill put up the whole decklist, so you all can see it. Its pretty solid and consistent. If you get an ascension off, its pretty sick.

//Wg Tempered Steel//

Creatures

4x Ornithopter
4x Memnite
4x Signal Pest
4x Glint Hawk
4x Vault Skirge
4x Steel Overseer

Spells

4x Mox Opal
4x Glint Hawk Idol
4x Dispatch
4x Tempered Steel
2x Beastmaster Ascension

Land

4x Inkmoth Nexus
4x Razorverge Thicket
3x Sunpetal Grove
7x Plains

Sideboard

4x Leyline of Sanctity
4x Nature's Claim
4x Refraction Trap
3x Spellskite

Ok, so I have alot of hate against Red and Discard and pretty much any Aggro deck. My absolute worst matchup is UB Control. I can usually pull of a G1 Win, but after SB I just get destroyed. I need some good SB options for UB Control. I like having the Refraction Traps in the SB against and Red deck. Also, Leylines are nice and win games. Im not too attached to the Nature's Claim or the Spellskites. PLEASE HELP!
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Refraction trap is all you need to beat valakut as you are generally faster and need to only protect from a sweeper. Not sure why you are losing to UB as their gftt are not that useful and if you resolve a temp steel they are hard pressed to beat you with Black Suns Zenith. Spellskite is a necessary evil to beat or even have a chance against twin. Natures claims should thus be replaced
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, i appreciate the advice, but replaced with what exactly? I lost to a netdecked UB Control list last night. It was Ali Aintrazi's list that he won US Nats with. http://www.wizards.com/Magic/Magazine/Article.aspx?x=mtg/daily/eventcoverage/usnat11/welcome

The thing that killed me g2 and g3 was the Main Deck Consume the Meek. It is pretty much game over. cause he wouldn't have it right off the bat, he would be pondering/preordaining(the one thing my opp changed in the deck b4 he played it was he replaced Jace Beleran with 4x Ponder, which is a GREAT idea(Lets you play more 1-ofs)) and searching for it while I setup my win, then he finds it, destroys everything, and lays down a grave titan, GG.
MassO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

my suggestion if your worried about discard.....Baloth's...which also help against red for the gain life aspect.

I would even try to put lead the stampede MD if your splashing for green, nearly all of your deck is Creatures and you dont have anyway to replenish your hand/board once a DoJ goes off or a Creeping Corrosion.

Maybe, you could add Adaptive Automation in to Main...You have overseer and memnite as Construct creatures...just an option!
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no, im not worried about discard at all, i was saying that my SB has HATE against red and discard. I still need some ideas on what to SB against UB Control, as its my biggest problem. Also, I got caught without alot of options against maddog225's GW Pod deck that he plays. I really have nothing for pod. It would be nice to have a card like DOJ for all creatures but mine... thats wishful thinking though.
macdog225

PostPosted: Wed Aug 10, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I mean the problem that you have against my GW pod list is that my list is heavily meta'd against artifacts. It rocks RDW because it has a lifegain option w/ leonin-relic warder's main for their shrine's. You have the same issue, I have 6 main board cards that just rock you, leonin relic warders and beast w/in's for your steel overseer's and tempered steels and baneslayer to regain life. Post board when I bring in 3x nature's claims I now have 9 answers to your threats + extra lifegain + search capacity for the dudes that I need to answer you.

I think nature's claim is a fine choice to disrupt my pod, except that I also run 2x spellskite that I can and do pod for. So you'd have to have them in hand. I think it's just a rough match-up for you in general. 2x DoJ might actually be right (don't quote me on this) against my GW pod list just because you'll get your stuff back from leonin's and you and infect me to death w/ inkmoth's. Just a thought for something to try.

But then again, not many people run my Pod list, so I think you're just over-analyzing the fact that we've gotten paired up against each other so often. It will probably happen less in the future =p
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1