Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Naya Help/Discussion thread

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Kewpee

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: New Naya Help/Discussion thread Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation

// Lands
3 Forest
4 Raging Ravine
3 Mountain
3 Plains
2 Sunpetal Grove
3 Rootbound Crag
2 Misty Rainforest
4 Arid Mesa

// Creatures
3 Urabrask the Hidden
4 Grim Lavamancer
4 Solemn Simulacrum
2 Inferno Titan
1 Sun Titan
3 Wall of Omens
4 Lotus Cobra

// Spells
4 Journey to Nowhere
3 Lightning Bolt
4 Explore
4 Rampant Growth

My buddy came to me the other day with a question of wether or not i believe naya could be a viable deck in the new standard.

Obviously, i said a lot of decks are becoming more viable now so i dont see why not.

I really like the idea of the deck, and its power seems pretty relevant. In the version he had suggested, there was heavy use of plainswalkers, garruk 2.0 and gideon. while i thought these were decent ideas, it made the deck too slow for my likings, even he had said during testing he felt like he wasn't playing enough early game.

The above list is one i recently cooked up and feel pretty good about it, it wins pretty consistently by turn 4-5, which to me is still pretty quick, but also still not fast enough.

If you guys could leave any constructive thoughts that'd be great! He would very much like this deck to atleast be fnm playable, and i would like to see it through for him.

Thanks in advanced!
Kimikk

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to make a Naya deck I definately suggest these cards for it.

Squadron Hawk
Thrun, The Last Troll
Naturalize
Oblivion Ring
Hero of Bladehold
Spikeshot Elder(shoots hawks out of the sky, damn caw-blade)
Stormblood Berserker
Sword of Feast and Famine
Sword of War and Peace

I run a Naya deck in T2 atm and it does fairly well, it just needs a bit of tweaking and I think it will be pretty sick. This is the list that I run with atm.

// Lands
4x Copperline Gorge
4x Razorverge Thicket
3x Arid Mesa
3x Forest
3x Plains
3x Mountain

// Creatures
3x Thrun, The Last Troll
3x Hero of Bladehold
2x Hero of Oxid Ridge
3x Stormblood Berserk
3x Viridian Emissary
4x Squadron Hawk
4x Spikeshot Elder
4x Birds of Paradise

// Spells
4x Oblivion Ring
3x Naturalize(there are too many good targets for this thing to not run it MD imo)
3x Lightning Bolt
2x Sword of War and Peace
2x Sword of Feast and Famine
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1