Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Programm: Sealed Deck Builder

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software
Burton911

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:16 am    Post subject: New Programm: Sealed Deck Builder Reply with quote

Hello
NOTE: This programm is not afflicted with ML, i worked on this on my own.
And i also dont earn any money with this programm i did this mostly because i was interestd in, and its more fun than playing the current T2 for example, anyway Razz

I hvae worked on this programm over the course of the last few months and it has reached a point where i can release it. Tough the following programmversion is at beta level, and maybe even bellow.

To show what it does i will just post a screenshot, cause the image speaks for itself: click me/

Before you download it:
I can only give you my word that it is no malware, however i developed this in Java and it would be pretty stupid to programm malware in java ( i know other programming languages which are suited better for doing that). Apart from that the group of potential users is pretty limited so it wouldn't be worth the effort Smile
And third its open source \o/

The following link contains the an exe file (created with an Ahead-of-Time compiler. This means that you dont have to install java in order to run the programm): download

This link contains the .jar file and the netbeans project including the source: download

I will post a tutorial in the next couple of days, but for basic functionality all you have to know is:
The programm works with the sourcecode of the "build your sealed Deck here site".
This image shows how you get the sourcecode:
Get the source code
(The shortcut for viewing the sourcecode is (in firefox) Ctrl+U, i dont know how i exaclty works in other browsers but i guess it shouldn't be that hard)

You get a file which name is (per default) build.php, and that file you can load your sealed pool from, with by pressing the button load, or pressing Ctrl+L in the programm.

Then you should have your pool layed out in front of you, know you can move the cards by either dragging and dropping them, or you can rightclick and use on of the options in the appering popup menu.
For adding Basiclands you have to press the "land" Button in the toolbar.
Next to the "land"-Button you have the "statistics"-Button where you can find basic stats about the deck.

When you are satisfied with your deck you can save it, and the it will be saved in a .mwDeck file which can be opend by mws withoug any further steps. Files created with this programm end with .sdb.mwDeck. Thats because they contain the cardinformation in addition to the data for MWS, so you can reopen the sealedpools later.

Tough as you might noticed you still have to build your deck on the ml page, and for this there are two options:
The simple one is clicking the rightmost button ("list"), and you will get a cardlist sorted exactly the same way as on the page and you just have to transfer it ( the fastest way of doing that is, to click on the top most list entry on the page, and then naviage trough the cards with the down and up arrows and selecting the cards with the spacebar)

The much faster and convinient but a little more complex way is placed next to the "list"-Button and is called "Robot". This works with virtual keyCommands and builds the deck for you. I will start explaining this with an image:
The Robot
After you have done that the programm will execute virtual keyCommands and move the cards to the deck, enter the basiclands, and then you have to submit.

Finally its possible to use certain images (of pink little unicorns with skyblue horns)
Go to the menu "Edit" (should have changed that name -.-) and preferences.
You have to select the checkbox "useFullImages?", and set the path to the directory where you have the images.
In the edit menu you have the expansion Symbol Editor as well. This is need cause some editions have different shortcuts in mws ans ml, and therefor you have to enter the the shortcuts and their replacement there. (The Onslaugt block is an example)

In the preferences window, you can set the backround color of the programm, and the paths to the folders where you want to save the decks, and load the pools from.

Hmm i guess thats all, and i hope i forgot nothing, and that it is understandable, tough for the most part its pretty self eplenatory anyway
Im sorry but im no native speaker so my english is a bit rough sometimes Smile
I hope you all enjoy the programm, and fell free to ask me in IRC (my Nickname is "SteB" tough).

I still have some ideas for the programm, and if you think that it lack a certian funtionalty pleast tell me so, cause im probably will release an updated version a few months from know. On that ocassion, if an error occurs, a window will show up, and tell you which kind of error it is. If its a critical one (with critical i mean that the programm is not able to proceed its work afterwards) please tell me cause then it needs to be fixed).

Thanks for reading,
SteB
Burton911

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will doublepost cause adding this into the first one is a little bit complicated at this point.

I forgot to add that there is a directory called "examplePools" in the WinRar archiv, which contains files to test the programm, and also to get a clue how the files look like.

And i also forgot to add the testpage i used while developing so here it is click me
This archiv contains a downloaded instance of the build interface, to make some dry runs with the builder before using it in a tournament.
Its also nice to fool around with the Robot buildfunction.

I hope thats all i wanted to say for know
GreenBear

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude magic-league should be paying you for shit like this mad props.
magicman85

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just tested it. Looks pretty nice. But at the windows resolution I use (1024x768) the menu at the top appears to get cut off after "Build: Robot".
Burton911

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmm oh i forgot to fix that bug then, tough the optimal resolution is at least 1200x800. I will fix this tomorrow tough its not that hard.

//edit: i just run it with 1024x768 and you can still click all buttons, cause it only hides the last one for the most part.
//edit2: fixed it now, i will upload it tomorrow tough. It even works with 800x600 now but seriously even if you have 1024x768, the year 2000 called they want their resolution back : P
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you shown this to Azania, I think he has a sealed deck generator already but perhaps you can assist him with developing the new site?

You seem like a very competent programmer!
Burton911

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ive talked to flippi yesterday and he told me how the sealed builder of the new site works, and altough its much better than the current one (surprise!!) it still cannot provide images for obvious reasons. So while it probably will be fine for the latest expansions, images are still nice when you play like 6xFallen Empires Sealed or the likes.

But actually i tought off a way to greatly improve the usability of my sealed builder cause i realized something i tought would be impossible before (Stupid Gatherer). The Solution is magiccards.info and the information they host, cause then loading the information in the inefficent way as off right now, wouldnt be necessary anymore, cause then it would be able to just work with plain mwDeck files. That shoudl be doable within a week i think.
magicman85

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
//edit2: fixed it now, i will upload it tomorrow tough. It even works with 800x600 now but seriously even if you have 1024x768, the year 2000 called they want their resolution back : P

lol. If you play games with 1024x768 the cards are nice and big. I like the year 2000 ;p
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An install guide and how to get started would be great. I unzipped SDB on my desktop and I don't know what to do next. I want to test out the software before advertising it myself when I host sealed tournaments Smile

P.S: That's the message I get when I double click on the .exe http://imagebin.org/167191
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other Software All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1