Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UW Splice-Anew

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
MassO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc4rs wrote:
MassO wrote:
sc4rs wrote:
G0ND412 wrote:
1/1 frog the creature that blocks your golem then win

When you Shape Anew the Golem, the Colossus doesn't come into play attacking, even if the Golem was attacking.

Unless you meant to say "the creature that blocks your Colossus," in which case the deck doesn't need cards that help you to win once you get a Colossus out. Getting the Colossus out should be good enough. I can't think of a deck that deals with Colossus by blocking it every turn.

I think he had it right, Colossus is a Golem, so he would have have first strike and if your lucky enough to have a wing splicer in hand, you now have a 11/11 infect, trample, first strike, flyer....ftw.

And this explains why Turn to Frog is at all necessary in the deck why? (hint: it doesn't, it's not)

agreed....Master's Call is better
G0ND412

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sc4rs wrote:
G0ND412 wrote:

When you Shape Anew the Golem, the Colossus doesn't come into play attacking, even if the Golem was attacking.

Unless you meant to say "the creature that blocks your Colossus," in which case the deck doesn't need cards that help you to win once you get a Colossus out. Getting the Colossus out should be good enough. I can't think of a deck that deals with Colossus by blocking it every turn.

not all decks will wait for you to have a colossus out to win
what i meant was, if he blocks with a 2/2 so he gets 9 poison counters and gets to kill you the turn after, he gets a sir prize buttsex

ofc it will often be an overkill
MassO

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

G0ND412 wrote:
sc4rs wrote:
G0ND412 wrote:

not all decks will wait for you to have a colossus out to win
what i meant was, if he blocks with a 2/2 so he gets 9 poison counters and gets to kill you the turn after, he gets a sir prize buttsex

ofc it will often be an overkill

This deck plays 4 Inkmouth Nexus as well, so that can make up for it, also, a master or wing splicer will also hand the 2/2

I doubt on turn 4 that many decks will have this deck so far on the ropes that a 2/2 will stop a 11/11....and kill you the next turn.

Not to mention you have Into the roil and Ob ring for a single creatures....that is like a tenth of the deck to get around one creature.....for RDWs and other aggro, Day of Judgement Sb along with Leyline's will pretty much take care of that issue.
inkevitch

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for great replies. Masso can you post your list please.

Have taken on board. I had 3 masters call, then 2, then sideboard, then removed it. Might go back into sideboard or 1 of. I just found that unless I t4 comboed, it was an underwhelming card. definitely should be 4 winged and 2 master, and I think 2/3 inkmoth nexus because any game it is necessary will be long and with the cycling 4 is overkill.

Dropping jace is noted, I think at this stage I might put in one forsee and one other PW (gideon or venser)for the two JB's.

Also against equipster I should mention I shape anewed their sword of fest and famine, for the win. (i can't remember what artifact they got but it was crap)
olliemydoggy

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking turn to frog as an answer for phyrexian obliterator
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2