Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Budget vintage affinity

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:08 pm    Post subject: Budget vintage affinity Reply with quote

Trying to make a vintage legal deck i can use at casual vintage tournaments at my local store.

I have tinker, blightsteel colossus, vampiric tutor, demonic tutor, jace tms, thopter combo (sword of the meek + thopter foundry), force of will. But only 1 of each.

So the deck i was thinking of was

4x Vault of Whispers
4x seat of the Synod
4x darksteel citadel
3x drowned catacomb
4x island
3x mishra's factory
1x tolarian academy

1x blightsteel colossus
4x master of etherium
4x memnite
4x ornithopter
4x frogmite
3x myr enforcer
1x arcbound worker

1x tinker
1x mystical tutor
1x vampiric tutor
1x demonic tutor
1x thopter foundry
1x sword of the meek
4x cranial plating
2x skullclamp
1x sol ring
1x mox opal

Thats only 58 cant remember the other 2 cards i was using.

Basic idea is to get tinker asap for blightsteel or try to get thopter combo, but stillhttp://www.magic-league.com/phpBB/about15554.html have the fast weenie creatures to help keep pressure on opponent especially with cranial plating. Anyone have any ideas want to spend less than 150$
1x tezzeret the seeker
Dzy

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you have those cards and are willing to spend max 150 dollars on other cards for it?

I would certainly look for:

- Mana Crypt (Pretty expensive but very insane in your deck, better than off color moxen)
- Mana Vault (cheap)
- 2 more Skullclamps

I have not any idea what your metagame looks like but with 4 Skullclamps in the deck adding 4 Cabal Therapies does not seem like a bad idea, although it is a pretty skill intensive card, you could add 4 Gitaxian Probes too, to dig faster for your broken equipment while letting you hit on Probe. Therapy got a lot better in Vintage since they restricted Brainstorm.

I would cut the unreliable (and not very good in this deck or the non-creature format of Vintage) thopter combo. If you insist on playing bad duals, try and fix either some underground rivers or darkslick shores, they are both a lot better than drowned catacomb.

I am not sure if you actually want to play all those tutors, they are only there for Tinker and pretty slow at that, especially without power. You could run just Tinker and with 4 Therapies you can therapy your own Colossus in case you have Tinker, to shuffle it back.
Zits

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Darkslick Shores>Drowned Catacomb
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1