Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 1 - August 14 Calendar discussion thread

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Limited Master. This makes you feel...
super excited! F**k yeah!
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
so sad! Give me my Standard Master back! :'(
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
meh :/
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There will be no Draft Masters on the current site.
We had Draft Trials here and there however.
Single elimination is necessary to efficienly run it.

moscowdemon: I will do a complete, Draft Viewer + Seats + Awesome like on last coverage by neosystems Smile
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
There will be no Draft Masters on the current site.
We had Draft Trials here and there however.
Single elimination is necessary to efficienly run it.

moscowdemon: I will do a complete, Draft Viewer + Seats + Awesome like on last coverage by neosystems Smile

If you guys ever decide to do a draft trial (which should be one of the TBAs), I can host.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moscow, you can definitely interview me for deckbuilding. Hopefully twice.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AppleofEris wrote:
darkwizard42 wrote:
I also think scars block sealed would be better. Definitely more interactions and the cards are certainly more interesting. The decks become less rare dependent as well.

Do you even know how to play m12 limited?

Do YOU? M12 and most Core Set Sealed is absolutely MISERABLE. Its a beginner's set for a reason. The cards are all linear and boring beyond belief. The most advanced combo/interaction in M12 is Devouring Swarm and Reassembling Skeleton...

Scars at least gives some reason to build around mechanics and work on card to card interaction. The builds and games will definitely be more interesting in Scars sealed
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The most advanced combo/interaction in M12 is Devouring Swarm and Reassembling Skeleton...

You missed Devouring Swarm+Jade Mage. M12 takes some skill in it, and it's being drafted at nationals for a reason. If it's good for nationals, it's definitely good to show who's the best M12 limited player around in the league.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Djinn wrote:
Quote:
The most advanced combo/interaction in M12 is Devouring Swarm and Reassembling Skeleton...

You missed Devouring Swarm+Jade Mage. M12 takes some skill in it, and it's being drafted at nationals for a reason. If it's good for nationals, it's definitely good to show who's the best M12 limited player around in the league.

Its good for draft, just like most core sets are balanced for easy cards/mechanics, but still skill intensive drafting. That doesn't make it good for sealed...

I'm sure we could find a way to have one person with stable internet host multiple pods. I played the Draft Open at SCG Pittsburgh and have to say it was a lot of fun and pretty skill intensive.

I am still highly opposed to playing 6+ rounds to determine who got more bombs/better cards. Build skill in core set is highly overrated...there really aren't that many great ways to build things that makes a difference
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2