Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

31 July T2 Master

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
monta_

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BarneyStinso's list was the best, cause it's mine Very Happy
Epic-Juzam37

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here goes mine!

The burning portal XRR UC

The burning portal deals x damage to target creature, then if a card has been exiled by an effect, you may return it if its converted mana cost is less than or equal to X.

"Sometimes the flames are so hot that even the other dimensions cant take it" -Chandra
P_P4E

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkwizard42 wrote:
Why do people insist on Gravitational Shift...

For 5 mana why not cast a card that just wins you so many games...like Gideon...why cast a card that is AWFUL in mirror in game 1, and is next to useless against things like Valakut, or Eldrazi Green...It can barely stop red since you likely won't hit five before you are in burn range...

its not awful in the mirror at all. I've seen it single handedly WIN the mirror. Obviously it depends on the version (like...shift mirror 75) and if they have splicers and heros still its insane.

Against valakut the card somewhat blanks avenger at least, and to say that you're in burn range on turn 5 against red is strange considering Gideon is considered a good card against red and shift is arguably the same thing give or take a chandra's pheonix.

Im not saying its correct to play it right now, just that your comment says youve probably not played the card and are speculating.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkwizard42 wrote:

For 5 mana why not cast a card that just wins you so many games...like Gideon...why cast a card that is AWFUL in mirror in game 1, and is next to useless against things like Valakut, or Eldrazi Green...It can barely stop red since you likely won't hit five before you are in burn range...

People really play that? In constructed?
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

P_P4E wrote:
darkwizard42 wrote:

its not awful in the mirror at all. I've seen it single handedly WIN the mirror. Obviously it depends on the version (like...shift mirror 75) and if they have splicers and heros still its insane.

Against valakut the card somewhat blanks avenger at least, and to say that you're in burn range on turn 5 against red is strange considering Gideon is considered a good card against red and shift is arguably the same thing give or take a chandra's pheonix.

Im not saying its correct to play it right now, just that your comment says youve probably not played the card and are speculating.

Obviously I'm not going to play it. Its awful. In the mirror every card you play needs to be exceptional value. In any control deck every card needs to be useful. A 5 mana answer to Hero of Bladehold and Blade Splicer and Deceiver Combo is not it. Especially the red matchup. Its pathetically easy to win that already, why play a BAD card. I like the idea of playing UWb for the discard, but why dilute your powerful cards by playing gravitational shift. Extra Consecrated Sphinx, Frost/Sun Titan, or other assorted powerful finishers are far more valuable and do so much more against other decks. Gideon is just as good if not more powerful as he can stop them from killing you, and in the one turn of tempo you get you should be able to beat a lot more face. Gravitational Shift also makes Spell Pierce get value till you hit 7 lands...think about that as well

Also...if anyone playing valakut trys to kill a Caw player with Avenger they are already dead. The game plan is always get titans and combo faster, post SB I can see a cause for tutoring or flipping an Avenger with Trap, but otherwise a Valakut player is doing it all wrong if you go for Avenger against Caw. (shows how much you know about Valakut...)
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2