Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

August 1 - August 14 Calendar discussion thread

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

Limited Master. This makes you feel...
super excited! F**k yeah!
52%
 52%  [ 10 ]
so sad! Give me my Standard Master back! :'(
15%
 15%  [ 3 ]
meh :/
31%
 31%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 19

DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:34 pm    Post subject: August 1 - August 14 Calendar discussion thread Reply with quote

Thread to discuss anything related for the trial and master scheduled from August 1st to August 14th. Link to it here: http://www.magic-league.com/info/calendar.php

For the next two weeks, our schedule is:

4 Standard
4 M12 Sealed (1 is the Master)
2 Extended
2 Legacy
1 RFT
1 Bring Your Own T2

Yes, as of the writing of this post, there are still 3 trials whose formats have not been determined. Keep checking the calendar or this thread for updates on what the formats for those trials will be.
As for the Master, we take a rest from constructed formats, and we will play limited. M12 sealed will be the swiss rounds, with top8 being a booster draft. Also, take note the Master will be held on the 13th, a Saturday, instead of the usual Sunday's Master.

EDIT: The 3 TBA trials are now known: 1 M12 Sealed, 1 RFT, and 1 Bring Your Own T2.

Last edited by DARKING on Sun Aug 14, 2011 10:55 am; edited 3 times in total
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

on the master date: is there a holiday for reasoning?
on the formats: i think u can -1 extended and do +1 vintage Very Happy on the 3 TBA, i think 1 overextended, 1 modern, 1 eternal pauper works Razz but either other format and eternal pauper, then an RFT seems fine too i guess.
the eternal pauper on saturday was during my PTQ/GPT so i ended up missing it Sad
im trying to figure out how to do coverage on a sealed master, so this makes me sad Sad but im sure i can think it up.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like this schedule much better! Very excited for the coming master.
MTGmanLA

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

*puts on GO VINTAGE shirt and casually walks around* Cool
numotflame96

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 4:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we please have a vintage trial? Surprised

this might be pushing too many things that most people on here dislike but maybe comander too?
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really excited about a sealed master with top 8 booster draft!!!!

Could you guys start putting the sealed decks from trials on the front page too? Not that I mind looking through latest tournaments to see them, but I think the winners of those trials deserve it as much as the winners of constructed.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sealed Master is going to be awful. Core Set sealed is always just whoever gets the better draw and luckily got better bombs. It's absolutely no fun and lacks skill to play. I really suggest we move to a different format. Perhaps Legacy, RFT, or Standard. If possible, we could try a Draft Master, win your pod and then draft again or something?
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkwizard42 wrote:
Sealed Master is going to be awful. Core Set sealed is always just whoever gets the better draw and luckily got better bombs. It's absolutely no fun and lacks skill to play. I really suggest we move to a different format. Perhaps Legacy, RFT, or Standard. If possible, we could try a Draft Master, win your pod and then draft again or something?

You mean it's about who gets the most removal.

Where is the skill in Standard?
MotC

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for Extended trials! Smile
P_P4E

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

limited master is exactly what I like to see.

I suggest 1 modern, 1 Vintage and 1 RFT trial.

To the people who say limited has no skill...Neither does anything else in magic. You lose because your opponent got lucky. Thats it. You're perfect, I am flawed. You have long flowing beautiful hair...and my hair is ugly and has split ends...You have large muscles, yet my muscles are puny and lack definition. ETCETC

I think 1 extended should be cut for something else personally. PT Philly is extended I get that (it is right?) but who cares? Probably need more than 4 standardz
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be your TC.
That's why the master is on a Saturday.

The Master will be Swiss Sealed with Top8 Boosterdraft.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CMA-Flippi wrote:
I'll be your TC.
That's why the master is on a Saturday.

The Master will be Swiss Sealed with Top8 Boosterdraft.

Would you consider Scars block sealed instead of M12? That would at least lower the importance of which rares you open.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also think scars block sealed would be better. Definitely more interactions and the cards are certainly more interesting. The decks become less rare dependent as well.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkwizard42 wrote:
I also think scars block sealed would be better. Definitely more interactions and the cards are certainly more interesting. The decks become less rare dependent as well.

Do you even know how to play m12 limited?
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok lets all stop antaganizing each other...
sealed requires players to build correctly as well.
the draft will be something i am interested in how i can cover effectively. i am thinking maybe a podcast for me to view of a player to watch his draft?
it will definately be interesting to see how coverage will use sealed events.
its good to have flippi running the master Razz i love having him TC Very Happy
i also think a draft type of master could be cool possibly. but it would require alot of preparation. DCIR would need to be set to have even tables, then no cross pod pairing, then the number of tables needs to be relatively close to a power of 8. then you still need to have enough hosts for the tables, with all correct settings. i will be interested in this alot with the new site if it will have on site drafts, this would be cool.

oh and if anyone has anything they would like to see in the coverage of the sealed master, please let me know thru PM on IRC and i will try to fit it in if possible.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2