Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sutured ghoul in birthing pod?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Kewpee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Sutured ghoul in birthing pod? Reply with quote

Hey, ive been tampering with a BG Birthing pod list and have been quite successful with it. I was wondering what i could do with him. I know sheoldred is probably the best answer, however i think sutured ghoul might get better with innastrad plus i like the idea of removing all the dead guys and making a huge trampler especially if you go baloth>slime>wurmcoil>Ghoul you have a 12/12 trampler right there, that sounds like it can end games just as good as sheoldred, however i do like slime>Gravetitan>Sheoldred next turn grab grave titan again.

Let me know what you think!
derflippi
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's not worth the slot. When you're going off, you win anyways. I don't see many situations where Sutured Ghoul makes a win a game that you didnt win anyways already.
Kabelis

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think it matters terribly much, if you can pod up all the way up to 7 CMC, you are probably winning anyway.
It's a cool finisher tho
Kewpee

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats what i thought... cool finishers make me happy.. and i guess its irrelevant as to what your big nasty 7drop is.. as long as its not crap.. thanks guys
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheoldred looks best, though, since it has a better board presence and deals with other possible big threats. As well as being able to just broke the game if they let it live for a turn. The ghoul just dies for some kind of removal topdeck (or sorcery speed removal) without no benefit whatsoever.

I also prefer Wurmcoil then Grave Titan in a context were you're going to sacrifice it anyway...
Kewpee

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sligh_Br wrote:
I also prefer Wurmcoil then Grave Titan in a context were you're going to sacrifice it anyway...

you know how much more fun it is to sack titan to pod for sheoldred, then get him back next turn :O
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1