Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a card - Round 61

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
KnockouT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gademis wrote:
Primal Adjuster 3

Creature – Artifact Shapeshifter (M)

If you control a white creature ~ gains +1/+3 and vigilance.
If you control a blue creature ~ gains +1/+0 flying and “whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player draw a card”
If you control a black creature ~ gains +3/+1 and “B: regenerate ~”
If you control a red creature ~ gains +4/+0 and Haste
If you control a green creature ~ gains +3/+2 and trample.
If you control a creature of each color ~ is indestructible.

“Never underestimate what the primal forces of this universe can provide for you” - Tezzeret
0/1

This seems godly in zoo.
Bloodbraid Elf into this thing?
3/2 haste and a 7/3 haste for 4 mana?
or even like a jund hackblade t2 to get a t3 10/4 with trample haste and regenerate?
seems a little broken if used properly.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Foul Copromancer

B

Creature: Vampire Wizard (rare)

B, (T): Foul Copramancer deals 2 damage to target creature or player and you gain two life. Activate this ability only if you have had 2 or more cards enter your graveyard this turn.

0/1

"There is vast power in foulness for those prepared to get their hands dirty."

Last edited by AxiomBlurr on Sat Jul 30, 2011 12:38 am; edited 8 times in total
Mizukage

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Foul Copromancer

B

B, (T): Foul Copramancer deals 2 damage to target creature or player and you gain 2 life. Activate this ability only if a player has had two or more cards enter his or her graveyard this turn.

1/1

'There is vast power in foulness for those prepared to get their hands dirty.'

dude, this gets in for 20 damage in 20 turns.
AxiomBlurr

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ Mizukage....edited.....
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ranks Infiltrator 1U
Creature - Shapeshifter Rogue (Rare)

Intimidate

Whenever Ranks Infiltrator attacks and isn't blocked, you may exchange control of Ranks Infiltrator and target creature an opponent controls.

Whenever Ranks Infiltrator becomes blocked by a creature, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.

Know where to find the information and how to use it - That's the secret of success -Bolas

0/3

Last edited by ikazuchi on Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Sligh_Br

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the challenge this time. Let's see what I can do:

Hordes of Deep Shadow

Rarity: Rare

Coast: BG

Creature - Elf

Trample

Bloodthirst 4

Remove a +1/+1 counter from @: Regenerate @.

Flavor: "Nissa instantly identified herself with the passion and hunger of the elves of Deep Shadow."

Power/Toughness: 0/0

Creator Notes:

1- I thought it would be more fun if the card was this simple, almost "french vanilla".

2- Note that it follows the tradition of huge, dumb, B/G creatures that can kill almost anything and have variable power/toughness (Spiritmonger, Deity of Scars, Putrid Leech, Lord of Extinction...).

3- Note that "technically" the card can't kill an opponent by itself, since without bloodthirst it is a instantly dead 0/0.

4- The very good stats and resilience should compensate that fact, though.

5- All in all, it is a high-risk (bad in non-aggro, bad if you don't draw a 1st-2nd turn aggro drop, bad topdeck in most late game states), high-reward card (amazing stats, absurd if curved after a 1 drop creature), precisely the type that spikes love to play.

Hope you enjoy it. ^^
cloysterd

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Platinum Myr (Mythic)
Artifact Creature - Myr

You can't lose the game and your opponents can't win the game.

If Platinum Myr would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's library instead.

"It was only a matter of time before they scavenged something truly impressive." - Tezzeret

0/1
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nexus Mage WUBRG
Creature - Wizard [Mythic]
Whenever you cast a spell, copy it.
Here we go again...
0/2
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
Blazing Zealot R
Creature - Warrior (U)

(X)(R)(T): Blazing Zealot deals X damage to target creature or player. That player or that creature's controller gains X life.

0/1
When you pare it down to the essentials, everything is nothing but fuel.

lmao this would be one of the best cards ever printed in limited. SO OP!
tchiseen

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did I win?
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging will happen on sunday. Until then happy brewin' Smile

@tchiseen: If it did not exist already, maybe...
KnowN

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grave Expunger - BG
Creature - Zombie (Rare)

Grave Expunger can't block

Whenever Grave Expunger deals damage to a player prevent that damage and exile up to x target cards from any graveyard, where X is equal to the amount of combat damage prevented.

If there are 30 exiled cards in the game you may sacrifice Grave Expunger, if you do put all exiled creatures into play under your control.

10/3

It wanted to be the only Undead creature in the world. Things did not go the way it planned.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Protective charm 1WW

Hexproof

You have hexproof.

0/1

"I never believed in lucky charms. Luckily, this one believes in me" - Elspeth Tirel
cdubs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broken
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As promised it is sunday and there are some points to reward.

doc_morriar wrote:
alright, i've got one.
(first one ever though)

Te Whanau
3B
Creature: Maori Whanau
When Te Whanau attacks, you may search your library for a Whanau creature and put it into play
0/5

Young Grasshopper
2G
Creature: Beetle
When ~ attacks it gets -3/-0 until the end of turn, you may give up to three target creatures +1/+0 until the end of turn
3/1

You say you got one, but present two? Since everyone deserves one chance of winning, but just one, I will just rate the first.
I hope you forgive me, but i had to google Maori Whanau. From what I found it is quiet an apealing consept to gather your relatives in conflict.
But why is this black? This screams white all over to me. And also a 0/5 for 4 mana won't ever see play. Squadron Hawks as 2/2 for 3W would be a lot worse than they are now.

sc4rs wrote:
Skullcracker
BB
Creature - Mercenary
Skullcracker deals damage to players in the form of Emblems with "At the beginning of your upkeep, discard a card from your hand unless you pay 1."
1/1

Damage in the form of Emblems. That I like a lot, if you overlook, that there are no actual emblems provided by Wizards for Venser, Elspeth and Koth.
The Thing is you only get one of them and the second rarely matters (Ulti Venser twice and not winning seems odd). That aside, this creature hits the black flaver's bullseye.
Powerlevelwise it looks like a skilltester to me. On its own it is nothing but a 1/1, that hast to connect to even do anything and then is just horrible as a topdeck.
On the other hand if used correctly it can "win" games on turn 3. Double B does not make it much harder to pump. Black creature pump just raises power, but this is all you want with this.

xJudicatorx wrote:
Blazing Zealot R
Creature - Warrior (U)

(X)(R)(T): Blazing Zealot deals X damage to target creature or player. That player or that creature's controller gains X life.

0/1
When you pare it down to the essentials, everything is nothing but fuel.

Where does the lifegain come from on a prue red card? The rarity will wreck limited, as said before, but that is not what I am concerned
about. This will never see play. Red does not want a creature that can not kill an opponent, and dumping loads of mana into a 0/1 to kill
some dorks, seems just a waste of resources. 6R to kill a titan ist probably never happening, and 3R for a beast or an equiped Hawk is not good
enough to take a slot.

KnockouT wrote:
Disrupting Gargoyle - 3
Artifact Creature - Gargoyle - Rare
Flying
~ enters the battlefield with three stone counters on it.
2, Remove a stone counter from ~: Add a stone counter to target creature.
Creatures with stone counters cannot attack and are indestructible.
0/3

All it takes is one stone, and the giant collapses.

Dude this is great. The flavor of this card is probably the best gargoyle concept in magic. Making it rare is a good thing for limited, even
if it wont wreck the format at uncommon, it would eat vast amounts of time, since it does not kill anything and even leaves them able to block.
And this is why this creature will prbably not make it into T2. Creatureremoval has to handle a problem permanently, this does just half the work.
If they could not block on top of it, then we can talk again. In additon you need to keep the Gargoyle on the board for its counter to matter, so you get
only two uses out of it. Due to the flavor it still gets a high rating.

Selkie wrote:
Blood Demon

BBBB
7/7

Flying, Deathtouch

While ~ is on the field, your opponent can only lose the game when they reach 30 life, and you can't win the game.

You said so yourself: You are "stealing" the consept. Abbyssal Persecutor was a huge suggess flavorwise, and yours is actually too.
I look at it more like an intresting tweak on an existing card. With another way for them to win besides killing the demon.
That said, BBBB will not warp the format, Obliterator did not achieve this, and yours on its own will not either. But with persecuto together
there could be a way, since redundant spells tend to make a strategy more solid.

bobdogs wrote:
Channel Tortoise 1UU
Creature Turtle (Rare)

When Channel Tortoise attacks and isn't blocked, lands defending player controls do not untap during their next untap step.

When Channel Tortoise becomes blocked, draw a card.

UU: Return Channel Tortoise to it's owners hand.

0/3

The Channel Tortoise has the distinction of being the cleverest turtle not mentored by a talking radio-active rat.

I lol'd. Is there even radioactivity in magic? Anyway the consept is typical blue. Sadly it has to be a turtle, even if it would make more sence
as a merfolk storywise, but 0/3 merfolk just sucks. (And would be bonkers in a certain lord.dec) I like the combinations of abilites even if it may be a little too
effective. The bounce is the thing that make me worry. But on the other hand, if it gets blocked lethal and you bounce it after drawing, you need to cast it again.
If the tempo loss is worth the card, who knows. It has to compete with little Jace in its slot. And from that perspective it seems more than fair.

MassO wrote:
Sulking Lion W (rare)

Creature - Lion

Vigilance

When Sulking Lion attacks, put a +1/+1 counter on Sulking Lion.

If Sulking Lion attacks alone, prevent all damage dealt to or by Sulking Lion.

1/1

"Very prideful, they attack as a pack, alone they are as innocent as mice."

The prevention of damage dealed to it make me wonder: Where is the drawback to this selfgrowing monster? Attacking for a white one drop is none, being with friends to
matter, is none either. This card is the boros' player's wet dream.
Looking behind this misery we see a card that perfectly fits its color. I will overlook, that it should be a cat rather than a lion in its type line. That aspect of a cat's mentality
is a intresting concept.

AppleofEris wrote:
Slaver's Servant | 0
Legendary Artifact - Creature (Rare)

Granduer - Discard a card with the same name as Slaver's Servant: search your library for a card named Mindslaver and put it in play.

T: You lose the game.

3: Target player gains control of Slaver's Servant. Any player may play this ability.

0/1

It's a servant that leaves it's master at it's most vulnerable.

< In case no one gets the joke, read Mindslaver's flavor text >

The magical words. But why the heck is this thing legendary? It is a nameless servant. Without creature type even. The garndeur ability is a poor excuse for legendary.
A Tutor for Mindslaver allready exists and it does its job well enough. Luckily yours can be found by Trinked Mage. That is a plus. A bit to big of a plus, since you get around that cmc6 too easily.
Will this card see play: I am certain. It is broken, period. Turn 4 wins that are tutorable just should not exist.
Flavorwise, if I exclude that legend issue, you hit the nail.

JayceMoves wrote:
Denizen of the Vague - 2U

Creature - Moonfolk Rogue (Uncommon)

Flying

2, Return a land you control to it's owner's hand: Return a card in your graveyard to your hand.

Whenever Denizen of the Vague deals combat damage to a player, prevent that damage. Put X cards from the top of your library into your graveyard, where X is the damage prevented.

2/2

The new looter concept? A flying 2/2 for 3 is fair, with upside it is going to be playable. The question is, who wants this type of effect? You mill yourself for mostly 2, then you have to pay mana and
waste a landdrop to tutor something from your grave. But if you look closer, this card works without attacking, just reload your silverbullets all over again. With cheap burn this sems like an option.
PyroAscention looks at this grining. I guess the ability made it a moonfolk, but i do not mind that. The card is solid and has some small potential.

Gademis wrote:
Primal Adjuster 3

Creature – Artifact Shapeshifter (M)

If you control a white creature ~ gains +1/+3 and vigilance.
If you control a blue creature ~ gains +1/+0 flying and “whenever ~ deals combat damage to a player draw a card”
If you control a black creature ~ gains +3/+1 and “B: regenerate ~”
If you control a red creature ~ gains +4/+0 and Haste
If you control a green creature ~ gains +3/+2 and trample.
If you control a creature of each color ~ is indestructible.

“Never underestimate what the primal forces of this universe can provide for you” - Tezzeret
0/1

Wow! The colorless ~ling. How I wish you would have taken yourself more time on the numbers on the card. Even if there are not many multicolored creature in type 2 atm, there is no problem to run it in a three color deck and go nuts.
The current standard lets this of the balance hook, but BBE into this as stated is just bonkers. And no one says there wont be multicolorred creatures anymore.
That aside, love the flavor of a construct, that tries to channel the best of each color of mana into it and emerge as the ultimate fighting maschine. A 12/6 trample, haste, flying,vigilance "thing" that draws cards and regenerates semms to serve this purpose.
As a 0/0 I would rate this a 10 even with fixed stats since it can't sit and wait for its friends to arrive and the brokenes can be punished by two4one its owner...

cdubs wrote:
apple wins...slaver servant is the card for this create a card contest..no doubt..ill try a card though..

Xiendo Reacher of Depths 2BBBB
Creature - Spirit - Mythic Rare

Flying, Intimidate
When Xiendo enters the battlefield, you and target opponent exchange libraries. Whenever Xiendo attacks and is not blocked you may reveal the top card from target opponents library and exile it. You may play the exiled card without playing its mana cost.

0/1

Who will win is not up to you to decide. You were wrong anyway...
The other problem of legends is, that they make cards with individual names, like Valakut, look stupid if they aren't legends. This is another example.
The exchange of librarys is just stupid. Why not letting them keep their and you have to cast your oppontnes spells for free. Oh wait, my opponents spells do all suck, so I want to cast mine. Zonk!
You could have gotten around all of the rules issues this will cause, just to be cute. If you realize this you should see that cmc6 is not worth it either.
But to be fair, the concept I do like alot. But the way you made this card it will never work. Rethink this carefully please since it has potential.

ck3gds wrote:
Mindfeeder | 2BB

Creature - Shade (mythic)

Flying

If Mindfeeder would deal combat damage to a player, instead that player draws twice that many cards.

{B}: Mindfeeder gets +1/+1 until end of turn.

It feeds your brain with everything - including what you wish you didn't know.

2/2

This is a DQ.
This card forces draws and thereby activly decks its opponent AND forces the actual dead draw.

Spyx wrote:
Meditating Monk W (rare)
Creature - Human Monk

Permanents don't cause abilities to trigger.

0/2

I am stunned. You took me by the letter with the less is more. Such a simple yet impacting card. Torpor Orp is a small step of Wizards into that direction. And if you take a look at this you will see why: This part of magic, simple cheap game warping
abilities are dangerous. It is so much better against Twin and valakut, titans, sphinx, hawks, it wrecks just about everything. Sidenote: Ranger of Eos into this and Dreadnaught seems nasty.
Powerlevelwise this is too good to be true, flavorwise again this is a outstanding card. In summary you should have limited it to a permanent type, the this would have been a serious contender for victory.

Mizukage wrote:
Spring Loaded Jack | 1

Artifact Creature - Construct (Rare)

~ comes into play with two charge counters on it.

Whenever ~ becomes tapped, remove a charge counter from it.

When the last charge counter is removed from ~, exile it. If you do, search your library for up to three artifact cards, reveal them and put them into your hand, then shuffle your library afterwards.

0/1

"Damn things always catch me by surprise!" - Buddy the elf, Jack-In-The-Box quality controller

An elf is not caught by surprise by things in front of her/him. Make the dude a goblin in your flavortext please.
To the actual card I have to say that I am unsure how this will end up when it dies with a counter on it. SBA will remove all counters from it, when it enters the GY, so it might trigger.
Asuming this is not the case we see a good tutor for artifacts. There may be some combinations that are worth it to run such a small creature but I do not see them. Actually the pure amout
of tutored cards make me wonder if this is not too good. A colorless tutor for 3 cards at once, at cmc1. Even if it dies to everything and does tutor with delay, this seems a little over the red line.
You can tumble magnet it to the finish line all by yourself. In contrast to AppleofEris card, this does not win the game on the spot and does not circumvent high cmc. Discharge a 0/1 search for 3 Memnite?
Tempered semms intrested. The little flavor issues with the high potential to be broken in certain decks it will get just a

ajbassmaster wrote:
Invasion Elemental 1R

Creature-Elemental Rare

Trample, Haste

~ gets +1/+1 for each other creature you control.

Whenever you cast a creature spells ~ gets +2/+2 until the end of the turn.

They grow and grow until they can grow no longer, and then they grow some more.
0/1

The pun in your flavortext is used quiet often but it points out what this is all about. Growth, Strenght, Mass of creatures, pure green Abilities on a red creature. Haste as seen on VV is a bleeding into
the red pard of the pie, but this card is more Blamblesnap than Soulsurge Elemental. Red just boosts power most of the time.
That aside, this card is good material for a swarming deck, which also tend to bee green. Did you want to prevent this from being broken by putting it into the almost wrong color?
I say almost, since there are some red creatures that pump toughness as well. They are from Lorwyrn block and had to mirror the other lords. Your card does not havetocompete with Imperious Perfect.
The stats on its own are ok. It is about the level of Kiln Fiend with creaturespells instead of noncreature spells. This won't shake up a format, but coul very well be a Treasue for red creature decks.

blitzer2k7 wrote:
Dragon of Fortune 3U

Creature - Dragon Rare

Defender, Flying

Whenever a creature an opponent controls attacks, Dragon of Fortune loses Defender until the beginning of your next end step and gains, "Whenever this creature deals combat damage to an opponent, remove the top 10 cards from their library from the game."

1/5

A 1/5 Dragon, srly?
Here we have a problem, I did DQ Mindfeeder, but this creature won't kill an opponent unless she/he gets his/her graveyrad backt into the library. But it still decks then, without forcing the draw. So the opponent dies on her/his own draw step.
No flavor text, poor flaver for a dragon to be a) blue and b) just a 1/5 and borderline to the contest rulez.
Even if i let that slide, it will score let's say not so good.

AxiomBlurr wrote:
Foul Copromancer

B

B, (T): Foul Copramancer deals 2 damage to target creature or player and you gain two life. Activate this ability only if you have had 2 or more cards enter your graveyard this turn.

0/1

"There is vast power in foulness for those prepared to get their hands dirty."

It took you 8 attemps to actually lower its power to zero. I could take a look at the card before the last edit. The pinging ability whiout the drawback would be nuts enough to see play.
In the current form it is a nice cath on Lavamancer and about on that dudes powerlevel. You deal the same damage and gain life. But you are restricted to the timing when to use this. I think this will have it harder to find a home than Lavamancer.
The drawback seems just more restricting that the upside lifegain. Lavamancer can at least make normal damage once it is out of fuel. I know i asked for cards without that option but you have to somehow make it worth to play it anyway.
I think it would be playable with a single card been put into the graveyard.

khara wrote:
succulent spirit 1WU
creature - spirit
rare

flying, vigilance

Whenever <cardname> would deal damage to a player, prevent that damage then draws 2 card and gain 4 life.

".peace is not an option, the more you push the more you'll persevere.."

4/4

An undercosted beater that draws you cards and gains you life, stalls the board against a lot of creatures. All of that just on the drawback of not being able to kill your opponent. That sounds intresting.
It sounds intresting as long as you do not have to play against it. Without the vigilance this would be printable. But in this form it renders so much useless at a ver affordable cost.
"peace is not an option." That I adore. Dude such a great line does not need any extention. Reduce the powerlevel a little and youre good to go.

ikazuchi wrote:
Ranks Infiltrator 1U
Creature - Shapeshifter Rogue (Rare)

Intimidate

Whenever Ranks Infiltrator attacks and isn't blocked, you may exchange control of Ranks Infiltrator and target creature an opponent controls.

Whenever Ranks Infiltrator becomes blocked by a creature, you may draw a card. If you do, discard a card.

Know where to find the information and how to use it - That's the secret of success -Bolas

0/3

The flavor matches the cards abilities but sounds rather dry. That seems fine for a logical color. But Bolas is not logical...
The looting effect upon blocked is ok, nothing to celebrate about. The control exchange on the other hand is quiet the beating. You have to be careful, since the opponent can attack right back, so hold back blockers.
It creates a funny subgame, that can result in tremendous power upgrades. Steal a titan? Yes please!

Sligh_Br wrote:
I like the challenge this time. Let's see what I can do:

Hordes of Deep Shadow

Rarity: Rare

Coast: BG

Creature - Elf

Trample

Bloodthirst 4

Remove a +1/+1 counter from @: Regenerate @.

Flavor: "Nissa instantly identified herself with the passion and hunger of the elves of Deep Shadow."

Power/Toughness: 0/0

Creator Notes:

1- I thought it would be more fun if the card was this simple, almost "french vanilla".

2- Note that it follows the tradition of huge, dumb, B/G creatures that can kill almost anything and have variable power/toughness (Spiritmonger, Deity of Scars, Putrid Leech, Lord of Extinction...).

3- Note that "technically" the card can't kill an opponent by itself, since without bloodthirst it is a instantly dead 0/0.

4- The very good stats and resilience should compensate that fact, though.

5- All in all, it is a high-risk (bad in non-aggro, bad if you don't draw a 1st-2nd turn aggro drop, bad topdeck in most late game states), high-reward card (amazing stats, absurd if curved after a 1 drop creature), precisely the type that spikes love to play.

Hope you enjoy it. ^^

I enjoy every card, even if they do not score high. Your notes were helpful, but the simple concept made most of this obvious.
The typeline could have had a class. Warrior for example, since elves tend to have this classification. Your attempt is very appealing, you hit my favorite color combination.
Bloodthirst 4 is a big deal. On a 0/0 it can be totally irrelevant. This card rides that borderline perfectly. The regeneration is quiet cheap to activate, but it let the creature do so more often since it gets easier to lethal it.
The flavor makes sense but is not awesome. There are almost no flaws to this card. The mentioned class and a more appealing flavorline could have gotten you the 10

cloysterd wrote:
Platinum Myr (Mythic)
Artifact Creature - Myr

You can't lose the game and your opponents can't win the game.

If Platinum Myr would be put into a graveyard from anywhere, shuffle it into its owner's library instead.

"It was only a matter of time before they scavenged something truly impressive." - Tezzeret

0/1

After the color combination there lurks a well respected tribe of mine. Myr always get a subjective higher rating. Dude in my mind your card scored 11, but back to reality:
The Platinum effect on the Angel is there for good reason. It messes with the game on a dagerous level. You take the concept down to an affordable level. killing an 0/1 is not a big deal. But protecting it isnt either.
Be aware that the platinum effect is on that angel to look just like that, angelic and divine but artificial. Your card is just artifical, but you state that in your flavor. I see this as an attempt to make PA playable.
Based on that you did not fail. I give it the "dangerous-sticker" and rate it at

Conkisstador wrote:
Nexus Mage WUBRG
Creature - Wizard [Mythic]
Whenever you cast a spell, copy it.
Here we go again...
0/2

Copy a Llanowar Elves and realize your dilemma...
Aside from that, nice pun on Alara. Hillarious with Cascade, but not worth the effort to get WUBRG in current standard.

tchiseen wrote:
Did I win?

No you did waste my time on a not very funny level.

KnowN wrote:
Grave Expunger - BG
Creature - Zombie (Rare)

Grave Expunger can't block

Whenever Grave Expunger deals damage to a player prevent that damage and exile up to x target cards from any graveyard, where X is equal to the amount of combat damage prevented.

If there are 30 exiled cards in the game you may sacrifice Grave Expunger, if you do put all exiled creatures into play under your control.

10/3

It wanted to be the only Undead creature in the world. Things did not go the way it planned.

A Zombie with ambitions? Sounds weird...
You refer to damage and combat damge in the same line. Tipo or intended?
The stats on this are impressive but to be fair, there is yet again a prevention helping you out. This is right now unplayable. Games do not last long enough for it to matter. With Innistrat you could get more
fruitful hits out of your ten power. Right now graveyards aren't filled with many creatures, they aren't filled in the first place. I give you the good guess bonus that Innistrat will indeed be graveyard centric.
Now you just want to fling and reverberate it onto someone's head....
Wait for the next block.
Until then this is just an

yajiko wrote:
extortion engine [3U]
artifact creature - abomination

if extortion engine would deal combat damage to an opponent, prevent that damage. that opponent reveals the top 7 cards of his library, choose a permanent and put it into play under your control. Put the other cards at the bottom of library.

"..such a strong voice, nobody can resent it.."
7/5

I hope you are not serious with this. 4 mana for a 7/5? To be fair its a contitional bribery for 3U that hits every permanent type, and can beused every turn. the concept is very good. But make it a little smaller. 4/4 would have been enough.
Technically this creature does deck your opponent, but unless you take yourself the time to attack 30+ times and your opponent just hast permanent cards in her/his library, this should rarely matter.
As creature type construct would have been better btw.

Balaviaris wrote:
Protective charm 1WW

Hexproof

You have hexproof.

0/1

"I never believed in lucky charms. Luckily, this one believes in me" - Elspeth Tirel

This doesn't even have a creature type, not to mention the missing supertye...
And a charm is not a creature. Besides this is fair. White Hexproof seems odd on the first look, but remember M11 Leyline. Maybe Wizards will ride that train further.
Btw. I cannot think of Elspeth believing in Charms. Flavorwise this is not the best, it hast some mistakes in its text box and hates some concepts pretty hart. None of them is out of the game to be fair, but you can tutor this with pod.
Borderline powerlevel and the problems mentioned give this a

Therefore the winner are Sligh_Br and bobdogs.
You can decide who wants to run the next, but if you can't agree I would have to pick one, which would be Sligh_Br.
The card just fits better in today's type two. Yet they are still equally well design.

Thank you to all of the contestants. See you next round.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3