Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

other side of the field

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues
cogdill

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: other side of the field Reply with quote

am i wrong or is there some kind of unwritten rule where you dont touch your opps side of the field unless you ask or something.. im just curious cause i cant stand ppl changing my phases and putting cards on my creatures. if confuses me while im playing idk about anyone else i dont use phases nor do a lot of other ppl ive played mostly just click declare attack button then second main phase end turn.. if you cant remember what im doing/did or realize it from looking at the field you might want to keep track of it yourself.if theres a rule where i have to use the buttons if anyone could link or show me id be glad to start..imo touching the other side of the field without permission makes you look cocky but thats just me idk i use an arrow for enchantments and ask ok? doesnt seem like too much hassle, if anyone could clear this up for me thx in advance Smile
doc_morriar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hear your predicament brother!
Unfortunately when playing on this big badass web we have, people do not stay true to sportsmanship and manners because of the anonimity factor.

On this note, no. there are no rules that im aware of that regard other players touching your battlefield.

but the point of this website particularly is to learn more about the game, and i have found that the phases and order of priorities in each have been very helpful by those phase buttons we keep hearing about.
dikcoop

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason you do not touch your opponent's side of the field is because doing so can cause MWS to crash.
Pushover

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, taking control of an opponent's card when he moves it can cause a crash. Basically when an opponent moves a card to a different zone and you do something with that card at the same time, bad stuff happens.
Weedmonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this case, the Floor Rules are your friend Smile

Quote:
4.2 Interaction With Game Materials

Play applications may provide some or all of the following features:

- Targeting arrows to be drawn between a card and its target
- Damage counters to be placed on a card or player
- Take control of an opponent's card

Players should not manipulate their opponent's cards at any time. This includes damage counters and taking control of an opponent's cards. If a player is to gain control of an opponent's card, that player should request to gain control of the card.

Targeting arrows may be used to indicate targeting and blocking. If a player wishes to use a targeting arrow, then each other player should wait until the targeting arrow is successfully drawn before manipulating cards in any way. Inappropriately interacting with game materials is considered a severe Tournament Error and will be dealt with as such. This includes excessive and/or inappropriate use of targeting arrows and taking control of your opponent's permanents instead of waiting for that player to pass control. Players are encouraged to refrain from using targeting arrows for anything other than declaring targets for spells and abilities. If a player needs to show blocking creatures or similar, they are encouraged to either physically move the cards to show blocks or type them out in the application's chat window.
darkwizard42
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

doc_morriar wrote:
I hear your predicament brother!
Unfortunately when playing on this big badass web we have, people do not stay true to sportsmanship and manners because of the anonimity factor.

On this note, no. there are no rules that im aware of that regard other players touching your battlefield.

but the point of this website particularly is to learn more about the game, and i have found that the phases and order of priorities in each have been very helpful by those phase buttons we keep hearing about.

Read the floor rules. NEVER touch cards on the opponents side of the table. Never adjust their permanents or anything. It's the number one cause of errors. Avoid drawing arrows as well and never use damage counters either. These are in fact rules of Magic-League set up to prevent game disputes and crashes
YGDAnthony

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why don't you use phases? It makes things much easier for the opponent, and if they use phases you can't get mad at them for setting your phase, i find it quite annoying when i can't figure out what my opponent is doing.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REQUIRED READING:

magicman85

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I had a situation once where someone incorrectly put equipment that he controlled on one of my creatures. So I wated a little, and then removed it and of course the game crashed. Even though he controled the equipment it was still his fault because it was on my side of the table.
Farseer
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
Yeah I had a situation once where someone incorrectly put equipment that he controlled on one of my creatures. So I wated a little, and then removed it and of course the game crashed. Even though he controled the equipment it was still his fault because it was on my side of the table.

Anytime anyone does anything wrong, you should immediately join #judges4you.

Also "waiting" in silence is the worst thing you can do. Talk, talk, talk to your opponent!
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> General Magic-League Issues All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1