Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Improvements for my deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks
eiGii

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Improvements for my deck Reply with quote

So, i created a deck but it needs serious improvements, the overall idea is pretty good and i even managed to win some casual games but i dont think its competitive yet.

Here's the list:

LANDS:
9 Swamp
5 Plains
4 Marsh Flats
4 Scrubland

Creatures:
4 Reassembling Skeleton
4 Bloodghast
4 Academy Rector

Spells:
4 Diabolic Tutor
3 Personal Sanctuary
4 Bitterblossom
3 Forsaken Wastes
2 Jynxed Choker
4 Jinxed Ring
1 Nether Void
1 The Abyss
4 Enlightened Tutor

Sideboard:
Under construction, i built one that seems pretty random to me.

So, here's the basic strategy: you keep killing and blocking enemy creatures with bitterblossom's rogues and skeletons/bloodghast, while you wait for academy rector or enlightened tutor to show up.
As soon as you have enough mana you play The Abyss to have an advantage since you can regenerate all your creatures. If you're playing against a non-creature deck you could play Nether Void instead to slow down the opponent while spawning rogues and creatures to kill him. You can inflict more damage playing forsaken wastes and jynxed ring/choker preventing your damage using personal sanctuary..

Overall the strategy is pretty good, but i always have the feeling something's missing..
I don't wanna change the structure of the deck overall and i know it isnt going to be a tier deck, but i would like some suggestion on what cards to add/remove to improve it, thanks in advance.[/list]
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hate to break it to you but bloodghast cant block.

You can probably make a lot better deck using your scrublands, enlightened tutors, marsh flats, bitterblossoms and none of your other cards lol.

Maybe try some Hymn to Tourach, Thoughtseize, Stoneforge Mystic
doc_morriar

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman does make a point
the abyss can make the game go very wrong in both directions quickly. and that could cause more harm than good.
i also agree with the diabolic tutor claim, it is far to expensive imo.

if your aiming to keep your prices low
or even just like those colours id reccomend a cheeky deck i found a wee while back

it uses thoughtseize, doj, wrath of god etc, alongside academy rector cabal therapy and the enlightened tutor package. the trick was though, you dont run any win conditions.
you disrupt your opponent to the point were they can no longer attack you (moat or humility) etc. then you bring out shared fate and win using your opponents deck.

seems like you might enjoy that

my 2c
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Legacy (T1.5) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1