Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

2HG question



 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Author Message
Tritemio



Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Posts: 127

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: 2HG question Reply with quote

One opponent have Vengeful Pharaoh into his graveyard, we can attack the other head?

Can my friend echant a creature of mine with Trollhide? who can Regenerate it?

How free mulligan work into 2HG?

Can i use Fling using my friend creature?

After time end, there are 3 or 5 additional turns?
Back to top
Hardtrack



Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 651

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: 2HG question Reply with quote

Tritemio wrote:
One opponent have Vengeful Pharaoh into his graveyard, we can attack the other head?

You don't attack a specific head, you attack the entire team. Both players are being attacked and both players can block. Therefor, Vengeful Pharaoh will trigger no matter what.

Tritemio wrote:
Can my friend echant a creature of mine with Trollhide? who can Regenerate it?

Sure, you can cast Trollhide on any creature you want. Since the ability is given to the creature, the controller of the creature is the one that can regenerate it.

Tritemio wrote:
How free mulligan work into 2HG?

The first mulligan you take, you draw seven cards again. Then it's just a normal mulligan (going down to six, then five, etc.).

Tritemio wrote:
Can i use Fling using my friend creature?

No, you do not control your friends creatures and can't sacrifice them.

Tritemio wrote:
After time end, there are 3 or 5 additional turns?

Three.
Back to top
Tritemio



Joined: 11 Jan 2006
Posts: 127

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Sorin Markov 2nd ability work? i must choose a player, his life become 10 so now the team have 10 life?
Back to top
mysticism



Joined: 25 Mar 2011
Posts: 22

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tritemio wrote:
How Sorin Markov 2nd ability work? i must choose a player, his life become 10 so now the team have 10 life?


From Gatherer:

In a Two-Headed Giant game, Sorin's second ability causes the targeted opponent's team's life-total to become 10. Only the targeted player is actually considered to have actually gained or lost life.
Back to top
AppleofEris



Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 553

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe this will answer any and all questions you may have about the two-headed giant format.

http://www.wizards.com/ContentResources/Wizards/WPN/Main/Documents/Magic_The_Gathering_TwoHeaded_Giant_Tournament_FAQ_PDF1.pdf
Back to top
Hardtrack



Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 651

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AppleofEris wrote:
I believe this will answer any and all questions you may have about the two-headed giant format.

Except that it is outdated. For instance, it still says that a players life total is the half of the team rounded up, which is no longer the case.
Back to top
AppleofEris



Joined: 20 Dec 2006
Posts: 553

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hardtrack wrote:
AppleofEris wrote:
I believe this will answer any and all questions you may have about the two-headed giant format.

Except that it is outdated. For instance, it still says that a players life total is the half of the team rounded up, which is no longer the case.


That's stupid. Why the hell does Wizards keep outdated shit on their website?
Back to top
Sligh_Br



Joined: 11 Jul 2011
Posts: 76

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AppleofEris wrote:


That's stupid. Why the hell does Wizards keep outdated shit on their website?


Because very few players care about 2HG and neither does Wizards.
Back to top
magicman85



Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 555

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vengeful pharoh question. Yes you can attack each head seperately the pharoh only works for 1 head.

Trollhide. Only the person who casts the trollhide can use the regenerate ability.

Fling. No you can only fling your own creatures.
Back to top
Clariax
Level 3 Judge


Joined: 16 Jan 2006
Posts: 174

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In 2HG you attack the team, not the individual player. However, when it comes to assigning combat damage, you assign it to the specific player (either one, your choice at the time damage is assigned), not the team. So you cannot attack a specific player but you can choose which player is taking the damage.
Back to top
Hardtrack



Joined: 10 Aug 2005
Posts: 651

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
Vengeful pharoh question. Yes you can attack each head seperately the pharoh only works for 1 head.

No, you can't. Read my post (the second one).

magicman85 wrote:
Trollhide. Only the person who casts the trollhide can use the regenerate ability.

No. The ability is given to the creature.
Back to top
Gademis



Joined: 26 Jan 2005
Posts: 110

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creature enchantments work two ways:

1: Pay something: Regenerate enchanted creature -> Enchantment's controler pays for the ability

2: Enchanted creature gains "pay something: regenerate this" -> in this case creature's controler must pay for the ability to activate.

Trollhide makes the creature gain the "G1: regenerate this" so the creature's controler must pay for it.
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy