Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

EDH (Commander) Trials/Master?

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments
EnforcerX

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:52 pm    Post subject: EDH (Commander) Trials/Master? Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure I have seen at least 1 Commander trial once before, was wondering if anyone else would like to see another. Maybe even a master if the turn out is good. Personally I think there could be room for it at LEAST once a month.
sirkozi

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commander is multiplayer format, so I don't see point to make trials of it.
EnforcerX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirkozi wrote:

Its actually made for both multiplayer AND 1v1
Lynolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sirkozi wrote:

That's one of the problems. The other, which I have experienced personally, is this format was made to be casual and have fun. When you make a trial, or even a master, using Commander as a format, people play it to win of course, using broken combos and degenerative cards, and that takes away a lot of the magic involved in playing it. Mr. Green
Edowardo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Animar wrote:
sirkozi wrote:

That's one of the problems. The other, which I have experienced personally, is this format was made to be casual and have fun. When you make a trial, or even a master, using Commander as a format, people play it to win of course, using broken combos and degenerative cards, and that takes away a lot of the magic involved in playing it. Mr. Green

People use broken and degenerative combos in vintage and legacy and we play legacy trials.
EnforcerX

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i agree...i know people use comboes and whatnot...but its all 1 card each...so its not as powerful as u would think
Lynolf

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently you don't know how to read, so I'll say it again. Commander is a format that was created (and designed) to have fun amongst players, NOT to be competitive, unlike Legacy and Vintage. The moment people start building decks to win alone rather than having fun, then the format loses it's spirit and meaning.

Of course, this is just my opinion Mr. Green
Edowardo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we do rft make your own and bring your own blocks and two completely fake formats at the moment and those are all ok casual formats but 1v1 edh isn't.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1