Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

UW Stoneforge Tinker

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: UW Stoneforge Tinker Reply with quote

I play in a casual vintage tournament on Fridays and was trying to make a deck to win. I have Stoneforges, Tinker, and 2 Sword of War and Peace so I figured I try to make a deck around that. Here is the list I have so far.

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
11 [MI] Island (3)
7 [SOM] Plains (2)
2 [M10] Glacial Fortress
2 [ZEN] Sejiri Refuge
1 [SOM] Seachrome Coast

// Creatures
4 [WWK] Stoneforge Mystic
1 [BRB] Soltari Foot Soldier
1 [MBS] Blightsteel Colossus
1 [M12] Gideon's Lawkeeper
2 [ON] Riptide Shapeshifter
1 [OD] Escape Artist
1 [M11] Frost Titan
1 [EVE] Archon of Justice
1 [JU] Hapless Researcher

// Spells
4 [M11] Preordain
1 [WWK] Basilisk Collar
1 [ZEN] Spell Pierce
4 [SH] Mana Leak
2 [NPH] Sword of War and Peace
1 [V09] Tinker
2 [MBS] Flayer Husk
3 [NPH] Mental Misstep
1 [AL] Force of Will
4 [OV] Swords to Plowshares
1 [IA] Brainstorm

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [CST] Disenchant
SB: 2 [OV] Hydroblast
SB: 2 [CIN] Blue Elemental Blast
SB: 3 [5E] Energy Flux
SB: 4 [HOP] Relic of Progenitus

I am going to buy a Mystical Tutor and maybe a Sol Ring this weekend for the Tinker and I haven't bought the Swords to Plowshares yet but I was thinking they would be good for this deck so it would at least have a little removal.

The Soltari Foot Soldier and Escape Artist are unblockables for the Swords of War and Peace.

The Hapless Researcher, Brainstorm and Escape Artist also serve as a way for me to discard Blightsteel Colosus if I happen to draw it before Tinker.

The Riptide Shapeshifter is another way for me to get the Blightsteel out early.

Everything else is mostly just jank. You guys know any cards I should buy (no 25$+ cards plx) to make this deck better?
IkeReilly

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

daze shouldnt be too hard to get and can replace some jank and maybe some spell snares maybe some meddling mages
MTGmanLA

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you own a Mindslaver? if so toss that in as a one of + that land...Academy Ruins (if you got it) because nothing says 'HAHAHHAHA' then taking their turn. every turn.

For Removal maybe use like Aether Adapt? I know he just bounces but could save a turn and its a 2/2 body for chumping needs.
magicman85

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Mindslaver/Academy Ruins combo would be too hard to get consistantly with no fetches for the Academy Ruins. But for 8$ it might be worth it just to get the infinite turn combo. Maybe if I used a Tinker Mage for Expedition Map I'll need to test it a little might be too many combos for 1 deck.

I like the Meddling Mage idea especially since I can always equip them with the swords I think I'll try replacing the Frost Titan and Archon of Justice with 2. Dazes and Spell Snare seem good maybe they can replace some Mana Leaks.

Daze 2.74
Spell Snare 3.62
Meddling Mage 2.40
Mindslaver 1.41
Academy Ruins 5.88
arcannys

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you're playing stoneforge in vintage, you should get 1 skullclamp, also i'd add more spell pierces for the MUD and combo match ups.
Is also recomendable, if you're playing unpowered vintage, to have utility creature against the field, such as aven mindcensor, gaddock teeg, and kataki.
jfc
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:25 am    Post subject: re Reply with quote

vintage + 2 [ZEN] Sejiri Refuge + 1 [AL] Force of Will simply doesnt match :/
Spyx

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tinker + casual don't match. I mean you can't turn 1 it at least but still...
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1