Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create-a-Card Round 57! This time it's Personal!

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
sc4rs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuCK wrote:

If you're following the original mox cycle, you mean pearl not opal.

Nah I switched a few up - did Onyx over Jet as well. Sapphires/Emeralds/Rubies were just the colored gemstones that first came to mind, and I realized the connection but decided Jet Genie and Pearl Genie sounded a little weird.

JayceMoves wrote:
As much as I appreciate an entire cycle, I did just ask for 1 Djinn. I just wanted you to keep a cycle in mind when creating your Djinn. For whoever created a whole cycle, I think that's awesome, but to make it easier on me, would you please choose one and edit the rest from your post!

Thank you all! Seems everybody got the idea pretty well!

Just do the first one out of my post then. I don't want to edit them out though - I feel like people would like looking at more cards rather than fewer as observers.
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I like Khara's the best, seeing as how Djinn always have a cost for their allegiance. (Also, Djinn =! Genies; they don't have lamp or wish restrictions). BTW it's very hard to name a card appropriately to its colors but also give enemy effects. I designed my cycle with the idea that if your enemy is ACTUALLY a mage of the color(as opposed to an enemy colored mage pretending), they can dominate your djinn.

Setting Sun_______________WWW
Creature - Djinn __________ Mythic

When Setting Sun enters the battlefield, take an extra turn after this one. At the beginning of that turn's end step, you lose the game.
When Setting Sun leaves the battlefield, target player sacrifices a creature.
Pay 20 life: Exile Setting Sun. At the beginning of the next end step, return it to the battlefield under your control. Any player may play this ability.
3/3
The sundial only revealed how he would die, not when.

Last edited by Conkisstador on Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Davis

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Conkisstador wrote:
Djinn always have a cost for their allegiance.

Fat moti and invasion cycle djinn both come to mind as obvious exceptions, and a quick MWS search reveals a whole host of other djinn that do not abide by your rule!
InWaking

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIldfang Djinn UUU
creature- djinn (Rare)
flying, during your upkeep pay 1u or sacrifice (this)

When (this) enters the battlefield gain control of target creature and it gains haste until end of turn. untap that creature.

when (this) dies reveal the top card of your library if it's a creature card you may play it without paying it's mana cost.

3/4
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Annoying Djinn 1GG

Creature - Djinn (R)

When Annoying Djinn enters the battlefield, each player returns a creature to its owner's hand.

When Annoying Djinn dies, each player returns a creature card from their graveyard to their hand.

2/3

"What can I do? How about, everything!!"
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3