Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hunter's Insigh

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings
Tritemio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:03 pm    Post subject: Hunter's Insigh Reply with quote

Hunter's Insight targetting a 4/4 creature of mine, how many cards i draw, 1 or 4 ?
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well reading the card, it wouldnt make sense to assume u draw 1 if its a 4/4. the card says "draw that many cards" so i would immediately be lead to believe it means for each point of combat damage. "that many cards" almost blantantly states that "that many" would be the amount of damage done. otherwise wouldn't it say "whenever that creature deals combat damage... draw a card"?

im not saying the above to be mean, im trying to help u in comprehending future cards. hopefully this will help u in the future and also help u in explaining the card to others should they need help Very Happy

but yes. u draw a card for each individual point of damage the creature dealt
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to reiterate what moscowdemon said in a slightly more clear manner. Cards are VERY specific about what they do. Hunter's Insight says to draw a card for each point of combat damage that creature deals to a player or planeswalker on that turn.

So as an example, you could target a Hellkite Charger with it and draw 5 cards (as long as it deals 5 damage to a player or planeswalker). If you pay 5RR with your Hellkite Charger to get an additional combat phase, it could certainly get you 5 more cards.

If your 4/4 had trample and was blocked by a 1/3, it would deal 3 damage to the creature and only 1 damage to the defending player, so you would only draw 1 card.
Tritemio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'm not english

I have read the card 20 times,in italian and in english, and isn't clear if "that many" refers to how many times the creature deals combat damage or how much damages the creature deals.

But the real problem is why M12 FAQ don't have any refer to this card??? the wording of this card does't match the usual standards
Hardtrack

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very normal wording. 'That many' always refers to the amount of damage. And besides double strike and weird spells that create extra combat phases how is it going to deal damage more than once?

Edit: Stupid link doesn't work. Search Gatherer for 'that many' and you get a few dozen cards with the exact same wording.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic Rulings All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1