Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help for my monoblue sea-theme highlander deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Segial

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:19 am    Post subject: Help for my monoblue sea-theme highlander deck Reply with quote

I recently noticed that alot of people play "spreading seas" in T2, so I got the idea to constuct merefolk deck around it. I tried it in T2 and it didn't work, and since I already have working T2 decks I decided to try my hand at a format I haven't played yet, so I remodeled it into a merfolk piracy highlander deck. I consists of a mixure of control, draw, mana generation, islandwalk and cancelation cards, and while I am having alot of fun with it, it is not really working/winning. The suggestions I got from other players were helpful somewhere between "scrap it, it's crap" and some constructive critism, and I would like to see if anyone has some good ideas for it. What shoud I add/remove? I'm also fairly unsure about the land/creature/other ratio. What I want to do though is to keep it a mono-blue and stay somewhat true to the general sea theme.

Island (38)

Caged Sun
Sapphire Medallion
Quicksilver Fountain
Kraken's Eye
Extraplanar Lens
Vedalken Shackles
AEther Vial
Sword of Feast and Famine
Sword of Fire and Ice

Phyrexian Metamorph
Seahunter
Stormtide Leviathan
Tidal Courier
Seasinger
Lord of Atlantis
Merfolk Traders
Saprazzan Heir
Merfolk Sovereign
Vodalian Knights
Merfolk Looter
Scroll Thief
Merfolk Wayfinder
Streambed Aquitects
Merrow Reejerey
Coralhelm Commander
Halimar Wavewatch
Enclave Elite
Merrow Harbinger
Stonybrook Banneret
Lullmage Mentor
Silvergill Adept
Wistful Selkie
Silvergill Douser
Harbor Serpent

Propaganda
Flooded Shoreline
Lingering Mirage
Merrow Commerce
Aquitect's Will
Sea's Claim
Control Magic
Spreading Seas
Mind Control

Turnabout
Jace's Ingenuity
Counterspell
Cryptic Command
Disrupt
Power Sink
Stoic Rebuttal
Dissipate
Piracy Charm
Blue Sun's Zenith
Cancel
Jace Beleren
Distant Melody
Flow of Ideas
Braingeyser
Ancestral Vision
Walk the Aeons
Divination
Bribery

Lands: 38, Spells: 37, Crt: 25
IkeReilly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can try gauntlet of power from time spiral, not a big fan of quicksilver fountain, really a do nothing card but makes you a target, krakens eye seems bad too, harbor serpent, try stuff like minds eye, or teferi, if you are playing mind control effects play treachery, also dismiss is good as a counterspell,
Spyx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should really run back to basics.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1