Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sold on UR Exarch Twin, but trying to improve the best

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
Shalashaska8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:37 pm    Post subject: Sold on UR Exarch Twin, but trying to improve the best Reply with quote

So I started running UR Pyro Exarch Twin last week and I have been doing great, except in the mirror. I tweaked it after FNM and I am very satisfied with what I have but I would like some feedback.

Land
1 Scalding Tarn
3 Halimir Depths
9 Mountain
8 Island

Creatures
4 Deciever Exarch
3 Sea Gate Oracle
1 Consecrated Sphinx
1 Spellskite

Spells
4 Preordain
4 Mana Leak
3 See Beyond
3 Gitaxian Probe
3 Spell Pierce
4 Into the Roil
2 Negate
1 Dispel
3 Burst Lightning
3 Splinter Twin

Sideboard
1 Consecrated Sphinx
2 Dispel
3 Shatter
3 Combust
3 Lightning Bolt
3 Pyroclasm

This is my deck IRL so I plan to put Inferno/ Frost Titan in, as well as another Splinter Twin. Combust rocks in the mirror as well as other decks, but I think I might want to run Dismember as well. I run Burst over Bolt MD because kicked it takes out exarchs and spellskites, unkicked it has about just as much utility as bolt. I was thinking about running surgical extraction and maybe tec edge to further help vs mirror and valakut.

What do you guys think?
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 more Spellskite for sb. Remove some singletons to add 4 of copies for Pyromancer.
IkeReilly

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont see pyromancer's ascension
vasiliou

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

21 lands seems wrong... seems like you would need to take more mull's then normal.. over the course of time your going to be playing the deck

frost titan is better then sphinx... if you cant counter prim titan keeping it taped down is the next best thing to removing him to slow down valkurt
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's true, where's Pyromancer's Ascension, or is this just UR Splinter-Twin?
Shalashaska8

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran 4 Pyro but it didn't make the cut. I found its only usefulness was faking outmy opponent or putting a little pressure on my opp. When I tweaked the deck I took out Volt Charge and moved bolts to the SB so winning via kicked burst lightnings was kind of impossible. And I have not had any problem with my manabase thus far, the deck has so much early and cheap draw that I'm usually throwing lands away. Running almost an equal number amount of mountain vs islands almost always ensures I make RR for the twin.
magicman85

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think running 1 Foresee over a See Beyond wouldn't hurt. At 4 mana it is a little expensive but Scry 4 will help you get your combo going a lot faster.
JeZeus

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gitaxian probe is good if you are using pyromancer, not so much otherwise. Probably better off with something else in this slot. I.e Jace Beleren, who all so has great synergy with Sphinx.

You need to be running no less then 23 land, I personally run 24.

One spellskite? Really? Either run more or just accept that it is a sideboard card. I'd rather see another Sphinx and/or 1-2 Inferno Titans.

Why use Burst Lightning over Lightning bolt? Again burst is handy if you are using Pyromancer, otherwise you are better with Bolt.

Ten counter's seems almost excessive, could just be me, if it works for you then go for it. I would probably cut some of them for Spreading Sea's which just seems to be a must in this new format.
J_R

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

run more land, i wouldnt run less than 26
arcannys

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3 dispel MD, minimum.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_R wrote:

you must be new here
GreenBear

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mana on twin is horrible i think it needs prophetic prism myself to provide a consistent enough mana base. Plus 4 scalding tarns that you currently dont have.
MassO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is hard to take you seriously when you post your UR pyrotwin deck,
and you state that pyro. doesn't make the cut. That is why you lose to the mirror, your words not mine.

you need a secondary kill condition, and pyro gives you that.

and for the mirror you need spellskites.

The most consistent exarch-twin deck is the UGr version that has cobras, birds, frost titans, as mana accel and secondary kill.

Ur alone, has too much to stop it, with the rampant black decks, and even valakut runs the destroy target permanent in green...cant remember name, and spellskites

Your post has been edited to remove all of the personal attacks and insults against the OP. Consider this your warning to improve your posting habits. If you can't say anything constructively, then DONT! -- niknight
J_R

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AppleofEris wrote:
J_R wrote:

you must be new here

what are u talking about
Taoofss

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MassO wrote:
It is hard to take you seriously when you post your UR pyrotwin deck,
and you state that pyro. doesn't make the cut. That is why you lose to the mirror, your words not mine.

you need a secondary kill condition, and pyro gives you that.

and for the mirror you need spellskites.

if you havent noticed, red has a problem with getting rid of an enchantment and that is what pyro is.

The most consistent exarch-twin deck is the UGr version that has cobras, birds, frost titans, as mana accel and secondary kill.

Ur alone, has too much to stop it, with the rampant black decks, and even valakut runs the destroy target permanent in green...cant remember name, and spellskites

Are you that much of a noob that you cull out half of what you call your deck.

I run a dragonstorm deck that runs better without the dragonstorm's because it cost too much mana? Wtf.

Or I run timesieve combo without timesieves because i dont like sacrificing my own artifacts.

That son, is what you sound like.

You sound like a little thirteen year old who screams for the attention his parents refuse to give him. Well, here you go, here is the attention you so desperately crave. Feel better?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2