Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card: Round 53

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
toguppy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:44 pm    Post subject: Create a Card: Round 53 Reply with quote

Well seeing as i'm completely new to this idea and I submitted for kicks and giggles if I make any mistakes here let me know peoples!!

Theme - create a multi-coloured planeswalker with at least 1 ability that affects all players negatively.
must be an as of yet unseen planeswalker... no Ajani, Jace, chandra mark2/3/4 etc.

i.e.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Kaervek, Warden of Aku 2BR

+1 Kaervek, Warden of Aku deals 1 damage to each player
-1 target player discards a card
-4 choose a land of each basic land type, then destroy those lands.

<3>

as Aku was sundered, so shall the lands be that Kaervek touch
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

p.s. oi drunk guys ;P (hehe) a lil help on how you marked the cards?
I'm thinking definitely wanting flavour text but am at a loss as to anything definitive for point systems. may have to work it on the fly once people have submitted. and what is the time frame on submissions?
Gademis

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
p.s. oi drunk guys ;P (hehe) a lil help on how you marked the cards?

Most ppl do whatever suits them. You can grade A-F (with - and + signs) on how much you liked the card, or set a point system (0-10 for flavor, balance and whatever other category you want), or just announce the 3 best cards in order you like them. If you "played" this contest before you should know that there is no definite system to follow.... hic!

Quote:
and what is the time frame on submissions?

48-72 hours I guess... After that ppl get impatient (talking about self >.<)

Here it goes... I liked the original card <3

Plainswalker - Sliver Queen

+0: Each player sacrifices a permanent and discards a card. Put a loyalty counter on Sliver Queen Ansended for each card put in any graveyard this turn.

-4: Put six 1/1 colorless sliver tokens into play under your control.

-10: You get an emblem with "All Slivers gain: Vigilance, First Strike, Flying, Haste, Trample, All other slivers gain +1/+1, Sacrifice a Sliver: Regenerate all slivers"

"The multiverse is wonderful after all.. So much food and space for my children"

[7]

edit: I nerfed it a bit it was too broken :p
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Irania Txamir 3RB

Planeswalker - Irania (mythic rare)

+ 4 Each player sacrifices a land
- 3 Irania Txamir deals 3 damage to each creature and/or each player.
-15 Chose any number of permanent cards from all graveyards. Put those cards onto the battlefield under your control.

No she does not like you, but do not ask her why. Just don't.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kora of the Tangle 1GB

Planeswalker - Kora (Mythic Rare)

+1: Search your library for a basic land card and put that card onto the battlefield tapped. Then shuffle your library.
-1: Each player discards a card, sacrifices a creature, then sacrifices a land.
-X: Return up to X cards from your graveyard to your hand and lose X life.

[2]

" I'd never expected something so beautiful to make me so angry. That girl is trouble." - Zelveth

Last edited by Balaviaris on Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:31 am; edited 3 times in total
MassO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Multani, Elite-Sorcerer (Mythic Rare) 2GG

Multani, Elite-Sorcerer enters the battlefield with X additional
Loyalty counters on it for each card in your hand.

+0: Each player targets a permanent a player controls, destroy
those permanents, each player draws cards equal to the
converted mana cost of permanents they control that is put into a
graveyard from play.

-2: Target permanent cannot be the target of spells or abilities
your opponents control. You may activate this ability any time you
can cast an instant.

+2: Target creature gets +X/+X for each card in your hand.

-15: Destroy all creatures, draw cards equal to number of
creatures destroyed this way. Put a +X/+X legendary avatar with
haste and trample onto the battlefield, where X equals the
number of cards in your hand.

Loyalty 1

"NO! The war has raged too long. You refuse to ask for it, but
when I am done it will be so." Multani

I think this would work alot better if wizards had a term or ability name for cards in your hand.??
sc4rs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thissa, Planar Assassin
RB
Planeswalker - Thissa (R)

+2: Deal 3 damage to each player. Any other player besides you may pay 2 to prevent this damage.

-4: Remove all counters from all other permanents and players, then put that many loyalty counters on Thissa, Planar Assassin.

-10: Destroy all lands. You gain life equal to the number of lands destroyed in this way.

KnowN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sarutobi Sasuke - 1UB
Planeswalker - Sarutobi (Mythic Rare)

+2: Each player discards 2 cards
0: Until end of turn. Sarutobi Sasuke becomes a 4/4 blue and black Ninja Warrior and is unblockable.
-5: Target player discards his/her hand. You draw cards equal to the number of cards discarded this way.

[3]
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Q. Smith, Llanowar Hopeful | GW
Planeswalker - John (Rare)

+1: Put a 1/1 Green Elf Token into play that has "t: Add G to your mana pool"

+1: If an opponent controls more lands than you, search your library for a Plains card and put it into play.

+0: Each player sacrifices an artifact or enchantment.

-6: You get an emblem with: "Creatures you control get Hexproof (can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control), Vigilance, and can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach."

//1

He spent an entire lifetime in his basement, surrounded by figurines of Elves and Goblins, attached to his computer like the life-giving breast of a mother who took him to far-off, imaginary worlds where he was no longer the loser, but the hero. He dreamed of one day saving the world and getting the girl, but his dreams were often crushed by the cruel world that existed beyond the reaches of his dwelling.
Then, one day, on a nightly stroll to the local 7/11 to purchase a giant Slurpee and a bag of Fritos, he met the most odd girl. Sitting on the curb, her dark hair was a mess and her clothes disheveled, her gaze was fixed upon the ground at her feet in silent despair, she showed no sign of noticing him as he entered the store.
He reached into his pocket and checked his life-savings: five dollars and twenty-three cents. He added a bottle of water and a bag of trail-mix to his purchase. He walked back out of the door, trying to juggle the goods he had just bought. "Excuse me, miss..." She looked up at him and his soul nearly collapsed as her blue-grey eyes looked upon him, he could feel an energy surging within him. "You looked hungry, so..." He placed his Slurpee and Fritos on the ground and nervously offered the water and trail-mix to her.
Her eyes, which had a somewhat suspicious aura about them, instantly softened. She offered him a soft "Thank you" and graciously took his offering, motioning for him to set down beside her.
He nodded, and had a seat on the curb, his gaze trailing off into the distance in front of him. "What's your name?"
She shook her head, "It's not important." Her weak hands finally managed to open the bag and she began to scarf down it's contents.
He looked down at his feet, "So where you from?" It wasn't like him to be so outgoing, he was usually so socially awkward.
"I'm not from around here." She managed between bites. She opened the water and chugged nearly half the bottle, then paused. "I'm sorry, you've shown me so much kindness, don't mistake my hesitation as rudeness."
He smiled, "It's alright, this is the first time in a long while I've had a real conversation with someone of the opposite sex."
She gazed into his eyes and he could feel, down to his very core, as though he weren't alone in his body. "Wow."
He arched his eyebrows, "Huh?"
She smirked a little, "You are a genuinely good person."
He was confused. "How can you tell?"
Her smirk grew, "I just know these things."
He shook his head, "Thank you for the compliment, but most people would consider me a loser."
"Most people are evil."
"I don't know about that." He replied.
She looked back to the ground. "I do."
"Do you have a place to stay?" He asked, ignoring the painfully obvious.
"No..." Her voice trailed off.
"My place is a few blocks from here, I've got a spare bedroom you can crash in."
"Crash?"
His eyebrows raised yet again. "Err, to crash means to sleep, to rest."
"Oh, well, thank you very much, but I don't even know your name."
"John Smith." He hated his name so much.
"That's a really pretty name." He couldn't tell if there was sarcasm in her voice, but it didn't matter. They both rose and began the walk back to his house.
He pushed open the door (that he never kept locked) and gave her the grand tour of his two bedroom, one-and-a-half bath split-level house he inherited from his grandmother after she died. "You can sleep here, just let me know if you need anything."
She turned to him and once again her eyes gazed into his, "Will you talk to me some more?"
He nodded and they sat on his spare bed until dawn, her asking him questions about his life and he answering them, no matter how odd they were.
"It's morning already." He said.
"I know." She replied.
"Well, I guess you need some sleep. Help yourself to anything you want." He turned to go but she put a hand on his shoulder, another surge of energy shot through him.
She spun him around and pressed her lips to his, the energy increasing by two-fold for every second they were there. His eyes closed, one second becoming two, three becoming five, seconds into minutes, minutes into hours, hours into lifetimes.
Had he opened his eyes, he would have noticed a blinding light enveloping the two, but the incredible energy coursing through his body, mind, and soul at that moment had completely paralyzed him.
Finally, her lips pulled back, and he slowly came back to a reality, a reality that was not the one he was in when that epic kiss began. He was surrounded on all sides by lush, beautiful forest.
"W-what?" It was all he could manage to stumble out of his bewildered brain.
"So, it would appear the curse has been broken." He recognized her voice from behind him, but when he turned around, the same disheveled girl was no longer there. In her place stood a majestically armored knight, whose dark hair and beautiful features were unmistakable, but whose eyes were now a lighter blue and glowed with even more energy and life.
"W-what is going on, where are we?" Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something jump from a tree branch to another with a quickness that was almost god-like.
She turned to him and smiled, "Dominaria."

Btw, this isn't a self-insertion fan-fic, I just needed a device to make a human a planeswalker. Hope you enjoyed!

Edit: Holy crap, I can't believe I forgot that.

Last edited by AppleofEris on Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:25 am; edited 2 times in total
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AppleofEris wrote:

+1: If an opponent controls more lands than you, search your library for a Plains card and put it into play.

-6: You get an emblem with: "Creatures you control get Hexproof (can't be the target of spells or abilities your opponents control), Vigilance, and can't be blocked except by creatures with flying or reach."

//1

He spent an entire lifetime in his basement, surrounded by figurines of Elves and Goblins, attached to his computer like the life-giving breast of a mother who took him to far-off, imaginary worlds where he was no longer the loser, but the hero. He dreamed of one day saving the world and getting the girl, but his dreams were often crushed by the cruel world that existed beyond the reaches of his dwelling.
Then, one day, on a nightly stroll to the local 7/11 to purchase a giant Slurpee and a bag of Fritos, he met the most odd girl. Sitting on the curb, her dark hair was a mess and her clothes disheveled, her gaze was fixed upon the ground at her feet in silent despair, she showed no sign of noticing him as he entered the store.
He reached into his pocket and checked his life-savings: five dollars and twenty-three cents. He added a bottle of water and a bag of trail-mix to his purchase. He walked back out of the door, trying to juggle the goods he had just bought. "Excuse me, miss..." She looked up at him and his soul nearly collapsed as her blue-grey eyes looked upon him, he could feel an energy surging within him. "You looked hungry, so..." He placed his Slurpee and Fritos on the ground and nervously offered the water and trail-mix to her.
Her eyes, which had a somewhat suspicious aura about them, instantly softened. She offered him a soft "Thank you" and graciously took his offering, motioning for him to set down beside her.
He nodded, and had a seat on the curb, his gaze trailing off into the distance in front of him. "What's your name?"
She shook her head, "It's not important." Her weak hands finally managed to open the bag and she began to scarf down it's contents.
He looked down at his feet, "So where you from?" It wasn't like him to be so outgoing, he was usually so socially awkward.
"I'm not from around here." She managed between bites. She opened the water and chugged nearly half the bottle, then paused. "I'm sorry, you've shown me so much kindness, don't mistake my hesitation as rudeness."
He smiled, "It's alright, this is the first time in a long while I've had a real conversation with someone of the opposite sex."
She gazed into his eyes and he could feel, down to his very core, as though he weren't alone in his body. "Wow."
He arched his eyebrows, "Huh?"
She smirked a little, "You are a genuinely good person."
He was confused. "How can you tell?"
Her smirk grew, "I just know these things."
He shook his head, "Thank you for the compliment, but most people would consider me a loser."
"Most people are evil."
"I don't know about that." He replied.
She looked back to the ground. "I do."
"Do you have a place to stay?" He asked, ignoring the painfully obvious.
"No..." Her voice trailed off.
"My place is a few blocks from here, I've got a spare bedroom you can crash in."
"Crash?"
His eyebrows raised yet again. "Err, to crash means to sleep, to rest."
"Oh, well, thank you very much, but I don't even know your name."
"John Smith." He hated his name so much.
"That's a really pretty name." He couldn't tell if there was sarcasm in her voice, but it didn't matter. They both rose and began the walk back to his house.
He pushed open the door (that he never kept locked) and gave her the grand tour of his two bedroom, one-and-a-half bath split-level house he inherited from his grandmother after she died. "You can sleep here, just let me know if you need anything."
She turned to him and once again her eyes gazed into his, "Will you talk to me some more?"
He nodded and they sat on his spare bed until dawn, her asking him questions about his life and he answering them, no matter how odd they were.
"It's morning already." He said.
"I know." She replied.
"Well, I guess you need some sleep. Help yourself to anything you want." He turned to go but she put a hand on his shoulder, another surge of energy shot through him.
She spun him around and pressed her lips to his, the energy increasing by two-fold for every second they were there. His eyes closed, one second becoming two, three becoming five, seconds into minutes, minutes into hours, hours into lifetimes.
Had he opened his eyes, he would have noticed a blinding light enveloping the two, but the incredible energy coursing through his body, mind, and soul at that moment had completely paralyzed him.
Finally, her lips pulled back, and he slowly came back to a reality, a reality that was not the one he was in when that epic kiss began. He was surrounded on all sides by lush, beautiful forest.
"W-what?" It was all he could manage to stumble out of his bewildered brain.
"So, it would appear the curse has been broken." He recognized her voice from behind him, but when he turned around, the same disheveled girl was no longer there. In her place stood a majestically armored knight, whose dark hair and beautiful features were unmistakable, but whose eyes were now a lighter blue and glowed with even more energy and life.
"W-what is going on, where are we?" Out of the corner of his eye, he saw something jump from a tree branch to another with a quickness that was almost god-like.
She turned to him and smiled, "Dominaria."

Btw, this isn't a self-insertion fan-fic, I just needed a device to make a human a planeswalker. Hope you enjoyed!

Thank you for that Smile .

P.S: Make an ability that negatively affects all players (as stated at first post), I wouldn't want your card to be disqualified for that Smile .
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Urza, The Master of Essence

3UU

Plainswalker - Urza (Mythic Rare)

+1: Choose one - Tap a land, draw a card; or Tap a creature, draw a card.

0: Look at Target Players Hand

-2: Each player exiles a creature. Draw a card.

-6: Gain control of two target permanents. If a creature is targeted this way, untap it. That creature gains haste until end of turn.

"You dare defy the almighty Urza? You will not enjoy this!"
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThE0aUg0MaN wrote:

3UU

-6: Gain control of two target permanents. If a creature is targeted this way, untap it. That creature gains haste until end of turn.

Gotta be multi-colored.
HujuVanikil

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hernando Cortez 2RRB
Planeswalker - Hernando

+3 Search your library for a gold(multicoloured) card, reveal it and put that card into your hand. Shuffle your library afterward.

-X You may put a gold(multicoloured) card from your hand onto the battlefield where X is that cards CMC.

-10 Gain control of all gold(multicoloured) permanents.

jdacheifs0

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lyzolda, Planeswalker (3RB)
Planeswalker-Lyzolda M

Whenever you sacrifice a creature, you may put a loyalty counter on Lyzolda, Planeswalker.

-1 sacrifice x black creatures, draw x cards where x is the number of creatures you sacrificed this way.

-1 sacrifice x red creatures, deal x damage to each other creature and player, where x is the number of creatures sacrificed this way.

-10 You gain an emblem saying "Whenever a creature goes into the graveyard from play, each opponent sacrifices a creature, you draw a card and deal 2 damage to target player.
{3}
--
New Ideas i'm trying out, forces you to sac more creatures in order to gain counters...this counts as a negative effect for everyone right? I know this is no jace, but you can build around this effect in RBw superfriends.
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry meant to put UB my bad

3UB

toguppy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AppleofEris wrote:

+0: Each player sacrifices an artifact or enchantment.

//1

He spent an entire lifetime in his basement, surrounded by figurines o.....
....e turned to him and smiled, "Dominaria."

I created a monster -.-
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3