Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card: Round 52

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
pseudodespot

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you read my card again it is not that broken at all.
You cannot save a creature reactive actually, since for the trigger of the aura to actually trigger and counter the spell it had to be on the creature at the time the actual spell is cast. Same thing with Precursor Golem and stuff like that.

Plasmafy has flash just becaue it feels izzetish and plasma is a pretty untable physical state...
eternal42

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, just to give some notice before i judge these wonderful entries, I have just finished the consumption of 20 bottles of crappy, watered down Chinese beer. Despite this hindrance I am feeling pretty good about judging cards.

ck3gds wrote:

Darken the World | BBBBBB

Sorcery (mythic)

As long as Darken the World is on the stack, players can't cast spells or activate abilities that would remove it from the stack.
Until the beginning of your next upkeep, all lands are Swamps.
Black creatures you control get +1/+0 for each Swamp on the battlefield and gain intimidate until the beginning of your next upkeep.

Seems fun for a mono black swarm deck. Would probably win you the game if you had enough creatures out and that is what I would expect for a card that costs bbbbbb. Pretty evil sounding but no flavor text is a small minus.
7.5/10

Jacois wrote:

Lichify BBBBBB
Enchantment - Aura *Mythic Rare*

Enchant Player
Enchanted player does not lose the game for having zero or less life.
For each life enchanted player loses, that player sacrifices a permanent. (Damage causes loss of life.)
Enchanted player may play creature cards from his or her graveyard as though they were in his or her hand
The ascension to Lich is the realization of every necromancers dream.... to the righteous it is a nightmare realized.

Sems good, quite playable. Mentioning lich in the flavor text is a bonus
8/10
pseudodespot wrote:
Phyrexian Annihilator BBBBB

Creature - Horror (mythic rare)

Trample

Phyrexian Annihilator's power and toughness are each equal to the number of black permanents you control.

Whenever Phyrexian Annihilator deals combat damage to a player, that player sacrifices that many nonblack permanents.

*/*

The remembrance of a great evil

wheeeeeeee Phyrexian negator reborn
8/10

pg8 wrote:
Final Ultimatum- BBBBBB

Legendary Enchantment- R

As an additional cost to cast Final Ultimatum, exile all cards in your graveyard.

When Final Ultimatum enters the battlefield, exile all cards in all libraries, then each player shuffles his or her graveyard into his or her library.

Skip your draw step.

As for the ravnica one.... same thing but it costs BBBRRR

Not sure what to think of this one. just turns any target player draws into an auto win.
6/10

sc4rs wrote:

Endbringer
BBBBBB
Planeswalker - Endbringer
+1 - Each opponent loses 2 life. You gain life equal to the life lost this way.
-1 - Put a -1/-1 counter on each creature, then creatures get -1/-1 until end of turn.
-5 - Each opponent discards his or her hand.

Quite evil, as I requested MWUHAHAHA
8.5/10
toguppy wrote:

malodorous Canker
BBBBBB

target up to two lands.
malodorous Canker deals damage equal to the number of lands their owners control to each opponent, and creatures they control. Gain life equal to the damage dealt this way.
destroy those lands.

A clean slate isn't always clean

Seems like a card that makes you have to choose carefully. Always a good type of card. the flavor text is great and the power level seems balanced.
9/10

JayceMoves wrote:

Permanent Nightmare - BBBBBB

Enchantment (Mythic)

When Permanent Nightmare comes into play, each player sacrifices all non-land permanents and exiles their hands.

Players may play cards in their graveyards as though they were in their hands.

If a card would be put into the graveyard from anywhere, exile that card instead.

"In this nightmare, progress stops. They can only hold on to their paltry memories and impotent pasts.
~Jeerhe, Void Archmage

Yawgmoth's will for all and a nevinnyral's disk. Seems like it could win you the game pretty quick which I would expect for 6 black mana. 8.5/10
Balaviaris wrote:

Asimov, the eternal hunter BBBBBB

Legendary Creature - Human Assassin

Haunt

When Asimov, the ruthless hunter enters the battlefield or the creature it haunts is put into a graveyard, destroy target non-artifact creature and put a 1/1 black Spirit creature token with flying onto the battlefield.

4/4

In Orzhova, suicide methods vary, but the cause is usually the same: Asimov

Seems like for 6 mana it could be stronger. Great flavor text.
8/10

aqualad33 wrote:

black dawn BBBBB
sorcery R

destroy all creatures, target player losses life equal to the number of creatures destroyed this way, and you gain that much life.

Only 5 black mana? Good evilness level otherwise.
6/10

ikazuchi wrote:
Night Terror BBBBBB
Tribal Enchantemnt - Nightmare (Mythic Rare)

When Night Terror enters the battlefield, search your library for any number of Nightmare creature cards and put them onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

When Night Terror leaves the battlefield, exile all Nightmare creatures you control.

“Give them pleasure the same pleasure they have when they wake up from a nightmare”
-Sorin to Liliana

Shapeshifters? Also 4 laquatus' champions would spell an auto loss most most decks.
7/10

So it seems my drunken favorite is:
toguppy! grats

Last edited by eternal42 on Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total
eternal42

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems both of us liked toguppy's cards. I didn't look at the other judging on purpose so as to avoid altering my opinion. So grats to the clear winner of the next round! Make a thread and make us proud. Don't get hijacked like this thread! lol
aqualad33
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2011 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

oh, I miscounted the number of black you wanted in the cc. My bad.
toguppy

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiiiiiiiiiiiii**

-.- guess I will have to look at forums more often

P.S.>>>thanks
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3