MTGMadness Advertisement
Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Magic-League's CUBE Update coming

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
Spyx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skithiryx the blight dragon. Trust me he's insane even as the only poison card in your cube.
Az-cz
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flippi,

Please ignore all of the comments posted so far. They're only go to leading to dragon cubes that lose their interest after some time because they're terribly balanced and have no aggro section. Instead go to mtgsalvation and copy one of the good lists there.

I'd recommend (and no it isn't my list):

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showpost.php?p=4565256&postcount=1

But there are some other good lists. If you want to consider them let me know and I'll direct you towards them.

Regardless, please don't just add cards that look cool or powerful. Cube's are more fun when they're designed. As one of the judges most likely to run this format I'm begging you to do it right. Just throwing in random cards will lead to a format no one particularly wants to play and judges don't want to run.
kAViinXe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I absolutely agree with Az-cz. Please do some research and pick a good list or cube designer as a source, instead of just taking random suggestions and adding a bunch of cards to the list we currently use.

I've hosted cube drafts in the channel, and have waited hours for a cube draft to fill. I say with great confidence that there are many people who will join a mini just because it's a tourney, and probably couldn't care less about the actual contents of the cube. On the other hand, it's very difficult to get a casual cube draft going because new players are intimidated by the concept, and lots of cube enthusiasts hate the current card list. I may be one of the few regulars left who remembers drafting this cube before it became "official", and I can tell you that the only reason we use this card list is because its creator knew how to make an ND patch.

If you do choose a new list, I'd suggest picking one with at least 600 cards. We tried drafting Evan Erwin's cube some time ago, and I remember getting complaints about too many duplicate cards in the pool. IIRC, the list we use now is ~720 cards, and Erwin's was ~570 at the time.
pg8

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rescind my suggestions to agree with Az-Cz.
Az-cz
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we really want a list with more than 600 then this list looks ok:

http://forums.mtgsalvation.com/showthread.php?t=249839

I personally don't want a list that big as I'd like to have more of the power cards more often. But I can understand wanting a larger list.

I definitely think we want a powered list either way we go.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2