Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Bannings Mono Red Combo Deck (Very Fast Win)Suggestions

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
MassO

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad03 wrote:
pay 18 life fling opp respond bolt gg win on turn 2

You dont go down to 18 life, more than likely your turns go like this:

turn 1 goblin guide : 2 damage , Opp at 18
turn 2 play immolating souleater, attack with Guide again, opp at 16
turn 3 play: you play strobe on souleater; attack with both souleater and goblin guide, the guide puts opp at 14, you only give in to 14 life to souleater, to do 16 damage, i doubt he has 2 bolts with land open on turn 3 anyway when the opp. has only 2 lands in play. if he does try to kill the souleater, you fling it doing 8 damage, puting your opponent at 6, 4th turn you finish off with either, Koth, Hero, or burn, with an attacking Goblin Guide.

Smart people don't go all out, unless the opponent has tapped out. really nothing people can play for free in standard. It is all how you pilot the deck, if this deck does catch on and top 8's acouple of tourney's then you will have a bunch of noobs and inadequate players which will drop the win percentage, because they dont know how to pilot it. You dont go all out period, unless your opponent is tapped, you do just what is needed to get them in range for burn on turn 4, if they are tapped out and you can win with damage go for it.
ckfnpku

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zektar Shrine Expedition is pretty good with Assault strobe. Also, this deck should play Panic Spellbomb. That card can be really unfair in this strategy and it cycles. Same goes for Gitaxian Probe.
JSUOversoul

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad03 wrote:
pay 18 life fling opp respond bolt gg win on turn 2

This!
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ckfnpku wrote:
Zektar Shrine Expedition is pretty good with Assault strobe. Also, this deck should play Panic Spellbomb. That card can be really unfair in this strategy and it cycles. Same goes for Gitaxian Probe.

That's actually a really good idea.
TacoMaster

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThE0aUg0MaN wrote:
why do you think any tier 1 deck would eat this alive? like what? cant see valakut stopping it, vamps is really the only thing im worried alot about

Lightning Bolt is hard to draw, amirite?
Forthecats

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I we're to play this deck, which I dont believe I would. This is what it would look like. Maybe Spreading Seas in place of Into the Roil?
Edit: Oh lordey, this deck is hilarious. Swinging with Unblockable Kiln Fiend for 28(WITH SPELL PIERCE BACK UP) turn 4 Game 2, after playing a Spellskite to protect it turn 2? I dunno sounds good to me. rofl
// Lands
8 [ZEN] Island
8 [NPH] Mountain
4 [ZEN] Scalding Tarn
2 [WWK] Smoldering Spires
1 [WWK] Halimar Depths

// Creatures
4 [NPH] Immolating Souleater
4 [ROE] Kiln Fiend

// Spells
3 [ZEN] Into the Roil
3 [M11] Fling
4 [ROE] Distortion Strike
4 [SOM] Assault Strobe
4 [NPH] Gitaxian Probe
4 [M11] Lightning Bolt
4 [M11] Preordain
4 [ZEN] Spell Pierce

// Sideboard
SB: 4 [NPH] Spellskite
SB: 4 [ROE] Flame Slash
SB: 3 [SOM] Arc Trail
SB: 4 [NPH] Apostle's Blessing
MassO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all the players that are like: LIGHTNING BOLT FOR THE WIN! hahaha

Every deck that has emerged, Wizards have either had answers available for them or the created them. If that isn't enough they ban the trouble cards.

Yes there is alot of answers against this deck. But like I said before:

"YOU DON'T PAY THE 18 LIFE IF YOUR OPPONENT HAS OPEN MANA!"

doesn't matter if your opponent is playing red, or any other color. turn 3 is about doing as much damage as possible without putting yourself in danger of being killed the next turn. Since you are atleast going to be able to do 6 damage on turn 4 to finish them off.

Now if you opponent has ALL HIS/HER MANA TAPPED, THEN YOU GO FOR THE WIN!

Stupid people....oh well, slagstorm and pyroclasm is in the format so i am not going to play, white weenie, elves, vamps, or gobs. Heck, if that is the case, everyone should not play creatures at all because Day of Judgment will ruin your day

Provide a real argument, listing one or two cards that will hinder the deck, is not an argument. and if that is a concern for the deck then give answers to those cards for SB suggestions. He asked for help, not criticism, and don't say that is constructive criticism before you actually find out what those two words mean.
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, i just ignore people who talk crap like that.. just thought it would be a good deck post bannings, so i wanted some ideas for it.
MassO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love all the players that are like: LIGHTNING BOLT FOR THE WIN! hahaha

Every deck that has emerged, Wizards have either had answers available for them or the created them. If that isn't enough they ban the trouble cards.

Yes there is alot of answers against this deck. But like I said before:

"YOU DON'T PAY THE 18 LIFE IF YOUR OPPONENT HAS OPEN MANA!"

doesn't matter if your opponent is playing red, or any other color. turn 3 is about doing as much damage as possible without putting yourself in danger of being killed the next turn. Since you are atleast going to be able to do 6 damage on turn 4 to finish them off.

Now if you opponent has ALL HIS/HER MANA TAPPED, THEN YOU GO FOR THE WIN!

Stupid people....oh well, slagstorm and pyroclasm is in the format so i am not going to play, white weenie, elves, vamps, or gobs. Heck, if that is the case, everyone should not play creatures at all because Day of Judgment will ruin your day

Provide a real argument, listing one or two cards that will hinder the deck, is not an argument. and if that is a concern for the deck then give answers to those cards for SB suggestions. He asked for help, not criticism, and don't say that is constructive criticism before you actually find out what those two words mean.
rupus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There was a B/R version of this deck on building on a budget last week.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2