Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Post Bannings Mono Red Combo Deck (Very Fast Win)Suggestions

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Post Bannings Mono Red Combo Deck (Very Fast Win)Suggestions Reply with quote

I just found a RB combo deck and modified it to be Mono Red. I tested it just now and on the first game I won on turn 3 when I swung for 22. I feel like this is almost broken. I need feedback on how to make this deck faster/more resistant to the current meta. Also, I dont have a SB yet and need to figure out what to include in it. Thanks for the help.

///Deck: Mono Red Souleater\\\

///Land

4x Smoldering Spires
18x Mountain

///Creatures

4x Goblin Guide
4x Immolating Souleater
4x Moltensteel Dragon

///Spells

4x Fling
4x Assault Strobe
4x Lightning Bolt
4x Staggershock
4x Searing Blaze
4x Burst Lightning
2x Flame Slash

Thats it! Like I said, Its so freaking fast and almost broken! Any suggestions or feedback will help! Thanks!
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice tech with Immolating Soul Eater and Fling. If he doesn't get blocked when he attacks, you can kill someone turn 3.
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I did kill my opp on turn three the first game ever that i played it lol...
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I just got a turn 4 kill by attacking, paying 18 life, then flinging. This deck is FNM approved for lulz!

Anywho, needs some work, as any tier 1 deck will eat this alive...dismember and doom blade both come to mind.
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why do you think any tier 1 deck would eat this alive? like what? cant see valakut stopping it, vamps is really the only thing im worried alot about
styx^

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coz valakut can't run removal like bolts etc? Oo
JeZeus

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not like people haven't tried this before. The deck is neat but any combo that involves nearly killing yourself to pull off is bound to fail. What happens if you are paired vs a standard RDW, goblins, any deck that runs discard or Tumble magnets etc etc. The main thing this has going for it is that you can make it on a budget.
Vecc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This has a terrible matchup against... well, Lightning Bolt.

This was in one of Flores' articles a couple weeks ago, if I remember correctly. I prefer regular RDW; this version can be faster, but it really bites it to spot removal. Makes for very bad post-SB %.
MTGmanLA

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe for the SB toss in Apostle's blessing? to try and protect from Doom Blade/Bolt/etc
asamodious

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id actually say put the blessing main. not only can it protect your guy, but it can make him unblockable in some matchups too.
lucksick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry if this comes off as bashing, but I've been playing this tech for a couple months now.

Here's my input:
1) it's a little predictable
2) try splashing black, this enables
- duress/inquisition
- Tainted Strike (+1/+0 and infect)
- ^ tainted strike allows you kiln fiend as a 3rd crit for the kill
3) Death's Shadow is considerable with the 2 guys that eat your life... I tested it a bit but wasn't entirely convinced.

4) MANLANDS, MANLANDSSSS!!!!
5) It's a fun deck nonetheless, let me know if you want me to post my list. Take care!~
MassO

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that moltensteel dragon may be too slow. he is 4 mana for 4/4 flyer, but your deck is all about speed and you don't want to waste your life on him, just to have a doom blade thrown at him or if blue, into the roil.

Here are some options:

Hero of Oxid Ridge
Elemental Appeal
Slash Panther
Koth

Also, add in atleast two Dread Statuary, just in case they kill your men and you draw dead, you can get 4 across.

I would probably go -4 searing blaze (add to SB) then put in +4 Shrine of Burning Rage - also a backup plan/alternate kill

SB - Dismember, ruinblaster, Spellskite (helps with the removal that they will side in), and slagstorms (with the loss of jace, white weenie, vamps, rdw, boros and elves will be back in the fray and you need a board clearer against other aggro decks.

you may want to add in tunnel ignus for Valakut since it will be rampant since Jace makes his exit. Maybe even Torpor orb, that nullifies nearly all the big creatures in Valakut, Both Titans and Avenger. The orb will also help the U/G ramp, since the blue and green titan will be nullified. If you think cip creatures are going to be high, you have to plan for it.

Also to the guy that said that this deck is weak to 'lightning bolt', if you lightning bolt the creature, I will give more live to the Souleater, if you wait til damage is stacked before, you lightning bolt me instead of the creature, i will just fling it in response and you still lose. but that is why you only give up 14 life, so your at 6 which increases the odds that your opponent doesn't have 2 bolts, cast the strobe, attack for 14 and fling for 7 more, total 21 damage.
Mad03
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pay 18 life fling opp respond bolt gg win on turn 2
Devonnnn

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is the one I run

// Lands
4 [ZEN] Arid Mesa
4 [SOM] Blackcleave Cliffs
4 [M11] Dragonskull Summit
2 [ZEN] Marsh Flats
3 [NPH] Mountain (1)
2 [NPH] Swamp (1)

// Creatures
4 [WWK] Death's Shadow
4 [ZEN] Goblin Guide
4 [NPH] Hex Parasite
2 [NPH] Immolating Souleater
4 [ROE] Kiln Fiend

// Spells
4 [NPH] Dismember
4 [M11] Fling
4 [NPH] Gitaxian Probe
4 [ROE] Inquisition of Kozilek
4 [M11] Lightning Bolt
3 [NPH] Mutagenic Growth
ThE0aUg0MaN

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for all the feedback everyone
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2