Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skinrender vs. Livewire Lash

Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zacharael wrote:
AppleofEris wrote:
If it's your first pack, go with the lash so you'll still have all your colors open.

I mentioned it's the last pack Rolling Eyes

Guess Skinrender is best to go most of the cases.

Sorry, I missed that. If you're already playing black and you open up a Skinrender, then you HAVE to take it, lol.

The real question here is, if you're playing Infect, do you take it. In that case, it depends on how much removal you have versus how many pump spells you have. Looking at the card pool in this meta, I would say Skinrender all day, unless you stocked up on Mutagenic Growths.
Zacharael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I had like 2 pump up green spells. As removal I think I had like 5 more black stuff
sc4rs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think if you're running G/B infect and you have the good little guy version (Cystbearer/Glistner/Rot Wolf/Stinger/Ichorclaw) I'm taking the Lash, especially if I missed out on getting power equipment like Carapace because I was hitting the nuts infect in pack 2. It's a very, very corner-casey scenario to take the Lash, though.

Otherwise it's gotta be Skinrender. If you're running R/B or U/B infect, or a slower G/B with the bigger infect drops, the removal spell with a body to get you to the Chained Throatseekers and Spinebiters of the world is far and away better.
Conkisstador

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skinrender in almost every situation. Importantly, here's when Lash MIGHT be better:
-Your deck is FULL of Glistener Elves, Rot Wolves, and Blightwidows and you have multiples of pump spells.
-A teamdraft where you know it'll get through the badguy or by passing Skinrender/Scrapmelter and making sure one gets through to the teammate.

And even then, Skinrender is probably better. It catches you up from lost games or puts you un-catch-ably ahead
Blancoke

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 1:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AppleofEris wrote:
If it's your first pack, go with the lash so you'll still have all your colors open.

Even if it'sz your first pack, skinrender is the obv choice
dbreeder

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, "keep you open"?

The point of staying open is so you can take cards like Skinrender.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2