Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

RG Beats POST M12

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
toguppy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:50 am    Post subject: RG Beats POST M12 Reply with quote

just looking at post M12 releases, now that CawBlade loses alot of power am looking at options that aren't Valakut
I saw both the Phoenix and the Bloodstorm beserker as both fantastic drops.

Am unsure about the need for green in the deck but the possibility of dropping a sword + equip on turn 3 is pretty harsh or dropping a urabrask is quite good too. If anything I would be looking at dropping the BoP to add Goblin Guides to start off with
T1: GG
T2: Cobra/Bloodstorm Beserker
T3: Urabrask/SoF&F/Hero/Chandra's Phoenix
it seems pretty solid, allthough Shrine has been super powerful in general I am wondering if this isn't something that should be more SB than MD as early on I just want to be dropping beats... Allthough dropping 2 shrines on turn 3 would be a beating vs alot of decks but turn 6 would deal 10+ dmg easily

need idea's!!

4 lotus cobra
3 Sword of F&F
4 Birds of Paradise

2 Mutagenic Growth
4 Chandra's phoenix
4 Lightning Bolt
3 Arc Trail
4 Bloodstorm Beserker
2 Urabrask the hidden
3 Hero of Oxid Reach
4 Shrine of Burning

4 arid mesa
2 misty rainforest
2 verdant Catacombs
3 Raging Ravine
4 Copperline Gorge
4 Forest
4 Mountain
magicman85

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what rotates out when m12 comes in
toguppy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nothing?
zebo_88

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

last year ther was a period in which m10 and m11 were legal together, until SoM was released and alara rotated out, so i think it will be the same this year..
rdeg87

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct
Zacharael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

M12 comes in on July 15 and M11 rotates out on 30 Sept I think.
toguppy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

am looking at this and i'm pretty certain that id want either searing blaze or burst lightning to make certain i can get the beserker bloodlusted - even then a beserker + sword is quite good.

technically if possible I would want to make this naya to fit in mirran crusader etc. but am unsure of what else i'd want in white if stoneforge is leaving.

was thinking though that would probably be best to have 4 vengevines + fauna shamans md to get the most recurral happening, 4 phoenix + 4 vengevine = creatures that just won't die....
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

toguppy wrote:
am looking at this and i'm pretty certain that id want either searing blaze or burst lightning to make certain i can get the beserker bloodlusted - even then a beserker + sword is quite good.

technically if possible I would want to make this naya to fit in mirran crusader etc. but am unsure of what else i'd want in white if stoneforge is leaving.

was thinking though that would probably be best to have 4 vengevines + fauna shamans md to get the most recurral happening, 4 phoenix + 4 vengevine = creatures that just won't die....

Haven't seen you on the boards in a while.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget Grim Lavamancer - I'm very excited to finally have him in standard again.
eternal42

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty happy that I get to dust off my old lavamancers. I wonder if the are still as good as they used to be. Formats change and cards power levels vary according to whatever else is in the meta so I wonder if they will stand the test of time.
Acid_Christ

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavamancer will be very good while the fetchlands are still legal. i'm tinkerin with a U/R counterburn concept.
toguppy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Haven't seen you on the boards in a while.

have been all adult and stuff, working full time with a social life eats into time on mtg[/quote]
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1