Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Skinrender vs. Livewire Lash

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited
Zacharael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Skinrender vs. Livewire Lash Reply with quote

vs.

Considering you are opening last pack in an NMS draft and these two cards would be best to choose, which would you go for ? Of course, having Skinrender as an option means you are playing black + something else.

Discuss!

I'm just curious how would others go, cuz i went for Skinrender.
Kookie_Mnstr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it would be a tough choice in all actuality. depending on what you want you limited deck to do is the main factor with this. do you want it to go fast and strong? or would you rather have it go slow and steady. the hurt that you can throw down with a Skinrender is pretty big. but the speed of the lash is pretty sick as well(even without spells to hit it with). personally i'd probably go with the lash as i'm a speed player. i like to have big things happen early and an equipped flyer early game is pretty nasty.
Ggerg

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

livewire lash is at its best in a fairly aggressive poison deck. aggressive poison is hard to pull off. Even if you were aggressive poison, i'd take skinrenderer. lash can just be shattered, the creature can be traded with. skinrederer is god.
Blancoke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slam Skinrender, be happy, unless you're poision and you allready have some removal.
ckfnpku

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only pick Livewire Lash if you cannot support a double black card.

Skinrender is removal, tempo, card advantage and a reasonable creature. It also has an effect even if it gets destroyed later.
Overall much stronger than Livewire Lash as long as you can support the colored mana.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's your first pack, go with the lash so you'll still have all your colors open.
boeda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Skin.
P_P4E

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is this real?

Skinrender and its not even remotely close unless you have 4 glissner elves and multiple pump spells.
magicman85

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For infect deck = Lash
For anything else = Skinrender
asamodious

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

id take any removal over lash.
Zacharael

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AppleofEris wrote:
If it's your first pack, go with the lash so you'll still have all your colors open.

I mentioned it's the last pack Rolling Eyes

Guess Skinrender is best to go most of the cases.
Terri

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

are you really asking that question? in that case always pick skinrender you wont get any card wich is comparable good. clearly a wasted thread.
Zacharael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1OR513N wrote:
are you really asking that question? in that case always pick skinrender you wont get any card wich is comparable good. clearly a wasted thread.

Laughing Funny at you haters just jumping in to flame. I was trying to open up a discussion which maybe will help some of us while we drafting. We are not all so pro as "some of you" so asking for opinions is not a bad thing to do. So I don't really consider it's a wasted thread since it could probably help some of us Wink
Dr_Acula

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If this thread was at all helpful to anybody, then they are simply beyond help. It doesn't take a "pro like "some of you guys"" to realize the painfully obvious. This is like opening a thread that says:

"My opponent and I are both at 3 life. I have a lightning Bolt in hand with 1 Mountain untapped, and he has 0 cards in hand, or graveyard, and no mana untapped. Assuming I want to win this game; do I target him, or myself with the Lightning Bolt?"

And no, that is NOT an exaggeration.
Zacharael

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dr_Acula wrote:
If this thread was at all helpful to anybody, then they are simply beyond help. It doesn't take a "pro like "some of you guys"" to realize the painfully obvious. This is like opening a thread that says:

"My opponent and I are both at 3 life. I have a lightning Bolt in hand with 1 Mountain untapped, and he has 0 cards in hand, or graveyard, and no mana untapped. Assuming I want to win this game; do I target him, or myself with the Lightning Bolt?"

And no, that is NOT an exaggeration.

Laughing Laughing Laughing

Becuz of people like you, magic community is not growing bigger Wink
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Limited All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2