Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

June 20 - July 3 Calendar discussion thread

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments

What do you think of the OverExtended master?
It will be awesome!
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
It's a bad idea!
35%
 35%  [ 7 ]
I don't care :/
30%
 30%  [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 20

DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: June 20 - July 3 Calendar discussion thread Reply with quote

Thread to discuss anything related for the trial and master scheduled from June 20th to July 3rd. Link to it here: http://www.magic-league.com/info/calendar.php

For the next 2 weeks, we have something special. Instead of having 2 weeks of trials followed by a master, during the next 2 weeks we'll have 2 masters!

For week 1, the tournaments we'll have are:

2 Standard
2 Overexteded (1 is the master)
1 Extended
1 Vintage
1 SOM/MBS/NPH Sealed

But what is this Overextended master we have in the middle of our schedule? On June 26th, we will have an Overextended master sponsored by mtgoverextended.com and a trial the day before to test your decks and skill.
Take into account this Overextended is different from the one we normally use on the site. This one uses Invasion block onwards and have a banned list that can be found here. You can read Kaesh's original announcement here.
Also noteworthy is the Vintage trial on June 22nd. So time to dust off those moxes and lotuses!

For the second week, our schedule includes:

3 Standard (1 is the master)
1 Extended
1 Legacy
1 SOM/MBS/NPH Sealed
1 Build Your Own Block

For those who haven't played Build Your Own Block (or BYOB for short), you can find the rules for it here.

Take notice that byes you win during week 1 are only for the Overextended master, and does not count toward the Standard master the week later.

Last edited by DARKING on Mon Jul 04, 2011 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Burton911

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is there really anyone who prefers T2 to sealed Trials? The shcedule needs waaaaaay more sealed Trials
macdog225

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that the Overextended Master's trials with a sponsor is a really cool idea. If other magic sites or stores sponsored more Master's I think that it's a fantastic idea. Although I don't particularly like Overextended, the theory behind having it is amazing =p
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to have a reliable banlist - a well thought out one would be a plus. I'm all for working with other websites, but who gave them the right to change the format?
WhoamI

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
We have to have a reliable banlist - a well thought out one would be a plus. I'm all for working with other websites, but who gave them the right to change the format?

when they paid for the master
DARKING
Level 3 Judge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:

Technically speaking, there is no format. OverExtended is it only a theory format with nothing official from WotC part (unlike Modern). mtgoverextended.com has its own one, we have our own one, and I have seen other websites have their own version.
HomieK

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really dont like the new overextended, invasion block adds alot of expensive stuff, yes it doesn't matter here but i would rather support a version of overextended that will more likely be used elsewhere. But it is good that we are getting some prizes donated to it.
Burton911

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HomieK wrote:
I really dont like the new overextended, invasion block adds alot of expensive stuff, yes it doesn't matter here but i would rather support a version of overextended that will more likely be used elsewhere. But it is good that we are getting some prizes donated to it.

You realize that the "old" overextended was from Masques till today right?
Halldir

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i guess it will be better with more legacy/modern trials or more limited trials even with older blocks... like random limited tour....
choosing the block randomly at the begin of the trial
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Magic-League Tournaments All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1