Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mono Black Skill.dec

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
magicman85

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 2:26 am    Post subject: Mono Black Skill.dec Reply with quote

// Deck file for Magic Workstation (http://www.magicworkstation.com)

// Lands
23 [M11] Swamp (4)

// Creatures
4 [ZEN] Gatekeeper of Malakir
2 [NPH] Hex Parasite
4 [NPH] Phyrexian Obliterator
4 [ZEN] Bloodghast
1 [ROE] Mortician Beetle

// Spells
1 [M11] Liliana Vess
4 [NPH] Lashwrithe
4 [M11] Sign in Blood
1 [ROE] Consuming Vapors
4 [M11] Duress
4 [ROE] Inquisition of Kozilek
4 [NPH] Geth's Verdict

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [ROE] Consuming Vapors
SB: 2 [NPH] Batterskull
SB: 2 [ZEN] Sadistic Sacrament
SB: 1 [SOM] Skinrender
SB: 2 [MBS] Disfigure
SB: 2 [M11] Doom Blade
SB: 2 [NPH] Sheoldred, Whispering One
SB: 2 [M11] Nantuko Shade
SB: 1 [M11] Grave Titan

Discuss.

Duress and Inquisition are awesome 1 drops. Most vintage and legacy decks play low mana cost decks for a reason. Obliterator and Gategeeper are awesome. Bloodghast can be hard for some decks to deal with. Liliana (gotta love planeswalkers). Hex parasite, quick beats and stops planeswalkers since I use so much anti-creature. Mortician Beetle quick beats vs creature decks. Sign in blood nice 2 drops hold up my mana curve! Geth's Verdict lots of T2 deck uses creatures so why not.

My sideboard. Might not be the best my deck usually win so I don't get much use from sb. Need creatures like Sheoldred to beat Leyline of Sanctity. Creatures are key because once good players see my deck they sb in Leyline of Sanc so you need to SB out Geths Verdict usually. Maybe even some other stuffs.

Key to this deck is knowing what to get with Duress and Inq. If you know T2 format should be easy for you.
Rag_garn

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would go Hexmage anyday over parasite.
Magx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rag_garn wrote:
I would go Hexmage anyday over parasite.

why ?

You don'T have to sacrifice Parasite to remove counters. IMO, Parasite is way better.
ik
Level 1 Judge

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but Hexmage is a good creature... you'll never bash through squadron hawks or block goblin guides all day with a hex parasite.
Egren

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...not to mention the mana investment it requires. Also it seems VERY wrong to run Geth's Verdict over Go for the Throat/Doom Blade.
magicman85

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I already have 12 2 drops thats why I use parasite over Hexmage. Good point about the Verdict though. I think Go for the Throat would be better since BR vamps seem like they are going to be popular for a few weeks and I can choose the target.
KnowN

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mono Black is never going to be good in current t2. But If your gonna play it, I would include mind sludge and abysmal persecutor
Ninja87

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 6:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KnowN wrote:
Mono Black is never going to be good in current t2. But If your gonna play it, I would include mind sludge and abysmal persecutor

That's true.. once a few creatures hit the board with Feast and Famine it's gg...
And yea.. if mono black you have to play mind sludge.. and maybe try out Lashwrithe too..
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1