Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.
 
 FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tech Vs SpinterTwin


Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Author Message
WhoamI



Joined: 24 Mar 2011
Posts: 43

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Tech Vs SpinterTwin Reply with quote

1st thing- I dont play constructed, I am a limited player trying to bridge that gap.



When doing some testing I see splinter twin is a force out there, any reason why all decks dont have 4x act of aggression in sb to "Steal" their combo and when they go for splinter twin on deceiver then jsut take it.

Also, if they have a spellskite out, they make you target spellskit then you just have act take the spinter twin to it instead?

Is this a no brainer or what... Me confused.
Back to top
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 297

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridge the gap better, the deck isnt THAT BIG.
i play acts in my red decks for it just incase, but u steal the guy then guess what, he goes back and they go infinite the turn after. and if ur read, combust is most definately better against the combo. act just happens to be there incase of other decks guys.
Back to top
magicman85



Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 555

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any instant removal like doom blade can stop it. Just wait for them to cast splintertwin and in response doom blade the creature. They lose 2 important cards u lose 1.
Back to top
BandaBear



Joined: 18 May 2010
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
Any instant removal like doom blade can stop it. Just wait for them to cast splintertwin and in response doom blade the creature. They lose 2 important cards u lose 1.
people dont play their splinter twin into 2 open black mana without counter back up...
Back to top
magicman85



Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 555

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what Duress and/or Inquisition are for?
Back to top
Forthecats



Joined: 17 Dec 2010
Posts: 21

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moscowdemon wrote:
bridge the gap better, the deck isnt THAT BIG.
i play acts in my red decks for it just incase, but u steal the guy then guess what, he goes back and they go infinite the turn after. and if ur read, combust is most definately better against the combo. act just happens to be there incase of other decks guys.


Splinter Twin copy's go away AT end of turn. Not until end of turn. He's reffering to taking the Deceiver Exarch in response to the trigger of the first copy, then at the end of turn putting the Act of Aggression until end of turn trigger on the stack making exactly 300 Billion tokens using the last token on something irrelevant. They then gain control of a tapped Exarch(with summoning sickness mind you) and you keep your 300 Billion tokens(At end of turn abilities have already triggered)...Im not a judge or the OP, who knows if im right.
Back to top
magicman85



Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 555

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me.
Back to top
schowilson



Joined: 26 May 2011
Posts: 14

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run Phyrexian Revoker in my maindeck (naming Exarch). However that doesn't always work if they play Into the Roil or other removal. Torpor Orb works also. Smother. You just have to play smart against Splinter Twin.
Back to top
BandaBear



Joined: 18 May 2010
Posts: 35

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forthecats wrote:
moscowdemon wrote:
bridge the gap better, the deck isnt THAT BIG.
i play acts in my red decks for it just incase, but u steal the guy then guess what, he goes back and they go infinite the turn after. and if ur read, combust is most definately better against the combo. act just happens to be there incase of other decks guys.


Splinter Twin copy's go away AT end of turn. Not until end of turn. He's reffering to taking the Deceiver Exarch in response to the trigger of the first copy, then at the end of turn putting the Act of Aggression until end of turn trigger on the stack making exactly 300 Billion tokens using the last token on something irrelevant. They then gain control of a tapped Exarch(with summoning sickness mind you) and you keep your 300 Billion tokens(At end of turn abilities have already triggered)...Im not a judge or the OP, who knows if im right.
You're right, i think. You're a bit hard to understand. Splinter Twin tokens die at the beginning of the end step, so if you act of aggression in response to the splinter twin, during the end step, you can make infinite tokens and attack with them on your turn. Just make sure you give the exarch back tapped!
Back to top
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge


Joined: 18 Dec 2008
Posts: 297

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BandaBear wrote:
Forthecats wrote:
moscowdemon wrote:
bridge the gap better, the deck isnt THAT BIG.
i play acts in my red decks for it just incase, but u steal the guy then guess what, he goes back and they go infinite the turn after. and if ur read, combust is most definately better against the combo. act just happens to be there incase of other decks guys.


Splinter Twin copy's go away AT end of turn. Not until end of turn. He's reffering to taking the Deceiver Exarch in response to the trigger of the first copy, then at the end of turn putting the Act of Aggression until end of turn trigger on the stack making exactly 300 Billion tokens using the last token on something irrelevant. They then gain control of a tapped Exarch(with summoning sickness mind you) and you keep your 300 Billion tokens(At end of turn abilities have already triggered)...Im not a judge or the OP, who knows if im right.
You're right, i think. You're a bit hard to understand. Splinter Twin tokens die at the beginning of the end step, so if you act of aggression in response to the splinter twin, during the end step, you can make infinite tokens and attack with them on your turn. Just make sure you give the exarch back tapped!


this is incorrect. when ur opp targets the exarch, hes choosing the mode of "untap target creature you control". when u steal the exarch and the ability attempts to resolve, it will be countered because of illegal targets, as he doesnt control the target anymore. thus ur exarch will stay tapped and no shenanigans will ensue. you COULD steal it when the aura is on the stack then wait til the end step to make a ton of guys tho. bandabear has it right. from what im getting from forthecats, he is wrong. but combust is a billion times better and cant be countered which is a huge plus, and it doesnt cost 3 mana and 4 life.
Back to top
Lynolf



Joined: 25 Aug 2007
Posts: 546

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, Go for the Throat is better than Doom Blade because it can't be redirected to Spellskite. Mr. Green
Back to top
Strid3r



Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 295

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schowilson wrote:
I run Phyrexian Revoker in my maindeck (naming Exarch). However that doesn't always work if they play Into the Roil or other removal. Torpor Orb works also. Smother. You just have to play smart against Splinter Twin.


phyrexian revoker does not affect deceiver exarch because phyrexian revoker stops activated abilities and deceiver exarch has triggered ability
Back to top
J_R



Joined: 18 Feb 2011
Posts: 63

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hood wrote:
schowilson wrote:
I run Phyrexian Revoker in my maindeck (naming Exarch). However that doesn't always work if they play Into the Roil or other removal. Torpor Orb works also. Smother. You just have to play smart against Splinter Twin.


phyrexian revoker does not affect deceiver exarch because phyrexian revoker stops activated abilities and deceiver exarch has triggered ability


splinter twin gives it an activated ability
Back to top
Strid3r



Joined: 18 Jan 2010
Posts: 295

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_R wrote:
hood wrote:
schowilson wrote:
I run Phyrexian Revoker in my maindeck (naming Exarch). However that doesn't always work if they play Into the Roil or other removal. Torpor Orb works also. Smother. You just have to play smart against Splinter Twin.


phyrexian revoker does not affect deceiver exarch because phyrexian revoker stops activated abilities and deceiver exarch has triggered ability


splinter twin gives it an activated ability


i see
Back to top
Xerocious



Joined: 02 Oct 2007
Posts: 24

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moscowdemon wrote:
BandaBear wrote:
Forthecats wrote:
moscowdemon wrote:
bridge the gap better, the deck isnt THAT BIG.
i play acts in my red decks for it just incase, but u steal the guy then guess what, he goes back and they go infinite the turn after. and if ur read, combust is most definately better against the combo. act just happens to be there incase of other decks guys.


Splinter Twin copy's go away AT end of turn. Not until end of turn. He's reffering to taking the Deceiver Exarch in response to the trigger of the first copy, then at the end of turn putting the Act of Aggression until end of turn trigger on the stack making exactly 300 Billion tokens using the last token on something irrelevant. They then gain control of a tapped Exarch(with summoning sickness mind you) and you keep your 300 Billion tokens(At end of turn abilities have already triggered)...Im not a judge or the OP, who knows if im right.
You're right, i think. You're a bit hard to understand. Splinter Twin tokens die at the beginning of the end step, so if you act of aggression in response to the splinter twin, during the end step, you can make infinite tokens and attack with them on your turn. Just make sure you give the exarch back tapped!


this is incorrect. when ur opp targets the exarch, hes choosing the mode of "untap target creature you control". when u steal the exarch and the ability attempts to resolve, it will be countered because of illegal targets, as he doesnt control the target anymore. thus ur exarch will stay tapped and no shenanigans will ensue. you COULD steal it when the aura is on the stack then wait til the end step to make a ton of guys tho. bandabear has it right. from what im getting from forthecats, he is wrong. but combust is a billion times better and cant be countered which is a huge plus, and it doesnt cost 3 mana and 4 life.


that's why you play act in response to your opponent playing twin .O
Back to top
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group

All content on this page may not be reproduced without consent of Magic-League Directors.
Magic the Gathering is TM and copyright Wizards of the Coast, Inc, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. All rights reserved.


About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy