Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Tech Vs SpinterTwin

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
WhoamI

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Tech Vs SpinterTwin Reply with quote

1st thing- I dont play constructed, I am a limited player trying to bridge that gap.

When doing some testing I see splinter twin is a force out there, any reason why all decks dont have 4x act of aggression in sb to "Steal" their combo and when they go for splinter twin on deceiver then jsut take it.

Also, if they have a spellskite out, they make you target spellskit then you just have act take the spinter twin to it instead?

Is this a no brainer or what... Me confused.
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bridge the gap better, the deck isnt THAT BIG.
i play acts in my red decks for it just incase, but u steal the guy then guess what, he goes back and they go infinite the turn after. and if ur read, combust is most definately better against the combo. act just happens to be there incase of other decks guys.
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any instant removal like doom blade can stop it. Just wait for them to cast splintertwin and in response doom blade the creature. They lose 2 important cards u lose 1.
BandaBear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

magicman85 wrote:
Any instant removal like doom blade can stop it. Just wait for them to cast splintertwin and in response doom blade the creature. They lose 2 important cards u lose 1.
people dont play their splinter twin into 2 open black mana without counter back up...
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats what Duress and/or Inquisition are for?
Forthecats

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moscowdemon wrote:
i play acts in my red decks for it just incase, but u steal the guy then guess what, he goes back and they go infinite the turn after. and if ur read, combust is most definately better against the combo. act just happens to be there incase of other decks guys.

Splinter Twin copy's go away AT end of turn. Not until end of turn. He's reffering to taking the Deceiver Exarch in response to the trigger of the first copy, then at the end of turn putting the Act of Aggression until end of turn trigger on the stack making exactly 300 Billion tokens using the last token on something irrelevant. They then gain control of a tapped Exarch(with summoning sickness mind you) and you keep your 300 Billion tokens(At end of turn abilities have already triggered)...Im not a judge or the OP, who knows if im right.
magicman85

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds good to me.
schowilson

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I run Phyrexian Revoker in my maindeck (naming Exarch). However that doesn't always work if they play Into the Roil or other removal. Torpor Orb works also. Smother. You just have to play smart against Splinter Twin.
BandaBear

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forthecats wrote:
moscowdemon wrote:

Splinter Twin copy's go away AT end of turn. Not until end of turn. He's reffering to taking the Deceiver Exarch in response to the trigger of the first copy, then at the end of turn putting the Act of Aggression until end of turn trigger on the stack making exactly 300 Billion tokens using the last token on something irrelevant. They then gain control of a tapped Exarch(with summoning sickness mind you) and you keep your 300 Billion tokens(At end of turn abilities have already triggered)...Im not a judge or the OP, who knows if im right.
You're right, i think. You're a bit hard to understand. Splinter Twin tokens die at the beginning of the end step, so if you act of aggression in response to the splinter twin, during the end step, you can make infinite tokens and attack with them on your turn. Just make sure you give the exarch back tapped!
moscowdemon
Level 4 Judge

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 12:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BandaBear wrote:
Forthecats wrote:
moscowdemon wrote:

You're right, i think. You're a bit hard to understand. Splinter Twin tokens die at the beginning of the end step, so if you act of aggression in response to the splinter twin, during the end step, you can make infinite tokens and attack with them on your turn. Just make sure you give the exarch back tapped!

this is incorrect. when ur opp targets the exarch, hes choosing the mode of "untap target creature you control". when u steal the exarch and the ability attempts to resolve, it will be countered because of illegal targets, as he doesnt control the target anymore. thus ur exarch will stay tapped and no shenanigans will ensue. you COULD steal it when the aura is on the stack then wait til the end step to make a ton of guys tho. bandabear has it right. from what im getting from forthecats, he is wrong. but combust is a billion times better and cant be countered which is a huge plus, and it doesnt cost 3 mana and 4 life.
Lynolf

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On a side note, Go for the Throat is better than Doom Blade because it can't be redirected to Spellskite. Mr. Green
Strid3r

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schowilson wrote:
I run Phyrexian Revoker in my maindeck (naming Exarch). However that doesn't always work if they play Into the Roil or other removal. Torpor Orb works also. Smother. You just have to play smart against Splinter Twin.

phyrexian revoker does not affect deceiver exarch because phyrexian revoker stops activated abilities and deceiver exarch has triggered ability
J_R

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hood wrote:
schowilson wrote:

phyrexian revoker does not affect deceiver exarch because phyrexian revoker stops activated abilities and deceiver exarch has triggered ability

splinter twin gives it an activated ability
Strid3r

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

J_R wrote:
hood wrote:
schowilson wrote:

splinter twin gives it an activated ability

i see
Xerocious

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moscowdemon wrote:
BandaBear wrote:
Forthecats wrote:
moscowdemon wrote:

this is incorrect. when ur opp targets the exarch, hes choosing the mode of "untap target creature you control". when u steal the exarch and the ability attempts to resolve, it will be countered because of illegal targets, as he doesnt control the target anymore. thus ur exarch will stay tapped and no shenanigans will ensue. you COULD steal it when the aura is on the stack then wait til the end step to make a ton of guys tho. bandabear has it right. from what im getting from forthecats, he is wrong. but combust is a billion times better and cant be countered which is a huge plus, and it doesnt cost 3 mana and 4 life.

that's why you play act in response to your opponent playing twin .O
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2