Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a Card round 46

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
Radchek

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Painland
Non-basic Land

When this land enters the battlefield it deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

"...Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us...For out of the ground we were taken, and to the dust we shall return."
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

And here comes the judging! This is gonna take forever, I just know it....

niteshade wrote:
Menzoberranzan

Legendary land (r)

T and 1 colorless to your mana pool

b T sacrifice a creature: add bbb to your mana pool

those who watch their backs get killed from the front - Drow proverb

This card already exists but better. Check out Urza's Saga and you'll see what I mean. Good card, but it's a Fraud whether you realized it or not. F

Knubbe wrote:
Venser's Workshop

Legendary Land

1 and Tap: Target creature loses all abilities until end of turn

"All fantasy should have a solid base in reality."

Balanced card with a neat effect. I know it's hard to make these things exciting but this is pretty Boring. B

DuCK wrote:
Unstable Terrain

Legendary Land

Tap: Add 1 to your mana pool.

You may play an additional land on each of your turns.

When Unstable Terrian is put into the graveyard from the battlefield, sacrifice all lands you control.

I love it with the Ravnica Karoos lands. LOL, Awesome card. A

AppleofEris wrote:
Urza's Out-Sourced Goblin War Factory
Land - Rare

T: add 1 to your mana pool
T: Choose target creature and flip a coin, if heads, target creature gets +3/+3 until end of turn; if tails, target creatures gets -3/-3 until end of turn.

"We had them doing our tech support for a while, but there are less explosions involved when they're making weaponry than when they're troubleshooting a GX-77 and filing TPS reports." - Skren, clerical advisor to Urza

Edit: Just a note, I've been debating on whether to change the rules text to say "Choose target creature you control", but I like the idea of Urza using Goblin Ingenuity to not only strengthen his forces, but also to hurt his enemies. With that being said, this land can become an extremely effective control tactic by always using it's ability on an enemy creature at the end of turn, just in case the coin flip comes up heads.

It's BECAUSE you can target opposing creatures that this card is WAY too powerful. Flavour is pretty lame too. What a Dud. D

Sprouts wrote:
Stasis Chamber

Land - Uncommon

You may choose not to untap Stasis Chamber during your untap step.

tap: add 1 to your mana pool

2 tap: tap target creature with converted mana cost 3 or lower. That creature doesnt untap during its controllers untap step for as long as Stasis Chamber remains tapped.

"One step in, no step out"

Nicely balanced I think. Probably way too broken but it's A.o.k. in my books. A

EnforcerX wrote:
Echo's of Dream's Untold

Legendary Land

Echo's of Dream's Untold comes into play tapped

1, T, Sacrifice Echo's of Dream's Untold: Exile target creature or non-basic land an opponent controls and put 1 Dream counter on it. The removed card gains (At the beginning of your first main phase, remove a Dream counter from this card. When you cannot remove a counter, Put that card into play under its owners control. If a creature is put into play this way, it's controller may draw a card. If a land is put into play this way, it's controller may add one mana of any color to there mana pool.)

"Most choose to wish upon a star. I choose to dream upon a world."

Er..... Seems extremely overly complex. I have no idea what you were going for here. Too Confusing. C-

aqualad33 wrote:
umora-the sacred land.

legendary land - R

other lands lose all abilities that are not mana abilities.

-"here you can't help but feel at peace, even the rivers don't make a sound"

Neat effect on a boring card. I have a really hard time grading Legendary Lands, as I hate Legendary Lands. If a card is too good that it needs to be made Legendary, then imo you should reduce the power level of it. Stay Focused. F

pseudodespot wrote:
Shimmering Rift

1,T, sacrifice Shimmering Rift: Search your library for a land with a basic land type that does not share a basic land type with any other land you control and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

You can use it to jump into another world. As long as you don't care which one it will be.

Skilltesting fetchland.
It tutors basics and duals of all kinds without delay. But later in the game it could do nothing at all. If you control a Bayou you could find neither a Badlands nor a Savannah. Not even a basic Swamp.

Therefor i guess the cost is ok. It could be broken in legacy, but in type 2 it seems fine. Obviously it will be better in a multicolor block.

@aqualed33: Thank you for your help. Smile
It was meant to find only lands with basic land types. Not Mazes, Factories, Wastes...
Since it should be belanced for type 2 it is obviously pretty bad in a 2 or 3 color deck. If you have it in your opening hand, fine. If not chances are high you allready have all basics you can go for.
To be fair i added a colorless mana to the activation costs.
Don't forget, that it can only fetch lands. Alara panoramas provided a colorless mana if you could not or did not want to fetch.

FAILZZZZZZZ. F

ikazuchi wrote:
Ragweed Fields
Tribal Land - Plant (Rare)

T: Add 1 to your mana pool.

2, T, Pay 1 life: Target land becomes copy of Ragweed Fields.

At the beginning of your end step, Ragweed Fields deals 1 damage to you.

"What is a weed? A plant whose virtues have never been discovered."
—Nissa Revane

Neat card (I guess) but it seems way to broken to just be turning all your opponents lands into colourless producing lands that deal damage every turn. Almost like Dustbowl but it's also a win condition. Oh wait, I just realized your opponent can start giving you more of them.... lol, wtf. It's a very Awkward card to think about, but it seems pretty hilarious. A-

ck3gds wrote:
I'm surprised that nobody has proposed something like this?

Flooded Savannah

Land (Rare)

{T}, Pay 3 life, Sacrifice Flooded Savannah: Search your library for a Forest, Plains, or Island card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

And obviously it's a cycle of course Smile

The names? Polluted Tundra (WUB), Subterranean Bloodlake* (UBR), Wooded Badlands (BRG), Windswept Taiga (RGW)

* Bloodstained Underground Sea is so... Laughing Laughing Laughing

No no no, I hate fetch lands. Watching my opponent search and shuffle is about as fun as watching my opponent spin a top. Fail! Fail! Fail! F

MassO wrote:
Flourishing Ecosystem (rare)

Legendary Land

Flourishing Ecosystem comes into play tapped.

Flourishing Ecosystem doesn't untap during your upkeep.

When you search your library for a land, untap Flourishing Ecosystem.

Tap, sacrifice Flourishing Ecosystem: search your library for two basic
land cards and put them onto the battlefield.

"The ground is so rich that it duplicates itself." - Garruk

Little too wordy for my taste. I don't like how it relies on more search effects for it to search. What an annoying card. It is Balanced thought. B

dsouthers2 wrote:
Phyrexian Beachhead

Legendary Land - Rare

Artifact creature spells you play cost 1 less to play.

T: Target artifact creature you control gains infect until end of turn.

So it begins.

Ideally this would have already came out in MBS or NPH flavor wise. I didn't really want to make a legendary land but it seemed the simplest way to keep it from being way overpowered, between that and it not producing mana I think the power level is in check.

I Don't like it. D

xJudicatorx wrote:
Very well - cannot tap for colored mana - you asked for it.

Bureaucrat's Chambers

Legendary Land | Rare

{1}: Tap Bureaucrat's Chambers

{1}{Q}: Add one mana of any color to your mana pool
({Q} is the untap symbol)

I appreciate the ingenuity of your submission but as far as I can tell it's infinite Coloured mana as the 1 you tap for is used to untap it and you get 1 of any colour. :S Failure. F

CharlesT wrote:
Dreambound Cave
Legendary Land - Rare
T: Untap another target permanent.

I suppose it's legendary because it's too broken to ever see print? Nothing like a Reflecting Pool that's even better. Failz.... F

Ireland[CHI] wrote:
Secret Island

{r]

Legendary land

Secret Island comes into play tapped.

T: add (1) to your mana pool

1UUUT: search your library for an instant card, then shuffle your library. use this ability only in your upkeep.

"some secrets is better dont knowing"

I suppose you thought because it's Legendary it can just do whatever the hell it wants, eh? See, this is why I hate legendary lands. FAIL! F

Rag_garn wrote:
Ridian Quarry
Land - Rare

Whenever another land enters the battlefield you may untap Ridian Quarry.

T: Add 1 to your mana pool.

" There is Minerals under all of nature, you just have to dig deep enough to find it. "

I think Lotus Cobra is good enough as a killable 2cc card than this free Monstrosity. Not to mention this is hardly orginal. What a Crock. C

Balaviaris wrote:
Voracious Rift

Land - Rare

X,tap: remove up to x counters from target permanent. Put a charge counter on Voracious Rift for each counter removed this way.

tap, remove X charge counters from Voracious Rift: Add X colorless mana to your mana pool.

"It feeds on your body, your family, your city, your plane. And when there is nothing left, it feeds on itself." - From the book "How to defeat the Voracious Rift".

I think you went a little power crazy with this one. Would have been much more balanced if it just tapped to "steal" 1 counter at a time for no cost, and could than tap and remove for mana. It could have even tapped for a colourless if you had done that. Don't get lost in the need to be the greatest land ever. Just make something simple and elegant or you'll never win when I'm judging. Cards alright, could have been Better. B

yajiko wrote:
Shores of Zhalfir
land- rare

Discard <cardname> from your hand: add 3 mana to your mana pool, you lose 3 life

when <cardname> comes into play, return it to owner's hand

"All things will be clear and distinct to the man who does not hurry, poor zhalfir will never shed a light" -jeska to teferi

Er.... This card Doesn't make sense. D

JayceMoves wrote:
Deep Woods

Land - Rare

At the beginning of your upkeep add GG to your mana pool. You can only use this mana for creature spells or abilities. This mana does not empty until your next end step.

T: Target creature gets +0/+2 until end of turn

Fall back! To the woods! They will never follow us, if they're wise!
-Cheenal, Elvish Lieutenant

Why the hell does it tap to up a creatures toughness? Nice card though, seems balanced. It's Alright. A-

ManfredByron wrote:
Hollywood

Legendary land (Mythic Rare)

Tap Hollywood put a $ counter on hollywood.

Remove x $ counters from hollywood Tap gain control of target creature with converted mana cost less than or equal to the number of dollar counters removed.

Propaganda just hit the big time.

Supposed to be a rare, not mythic rare. Failure. F

blitzer2k7 wrote:
Gaea's Remembrance

Land - Rare

2, T: Search your library for a land card, reveal it, and put it into your hand, Shuffle your library afterwards.

Love it. Probably should only search for Basics, but whatever. Awesome card. A

Gademis wrote:
Absorbing Sands

Land - Rare

Whenever a non-basic land is tapped for mana add a sand counter on Absorbing Sands.

Remove 3 sand counters from Absorbing Sands: Put a sand counter on target non basic land.

Lands with sand counters on them other than Absorbing Sands lose all abilities and all land types and gain: "Tap this permanent: Add 1 to your mana pool"

"One of the basic of basics is to deny your opponent his source of power" - Bolas

Lets see.... It doesn't tap for mana and it's extremely wordy and complex. No Flavour either. F

pg8 wrote:
Phantom Island (Rare)
Land
{T}, Sacrifice Phantom Island: Search your library for an Island card and put it onto the battlefield. Then shuffle your library.

If you'd said basic island you probably would have won, as is it's just too broken. B-

testbuddy wrote:
Dominarian Wastes

Snow Land (R)

T: Add {1}
T: Put a 1/1 Survivor snow creature with "At the beginning of your upkeep, sacrifice this creature unless you pay {S}" onto the battlefield.

The Brother's War took life from the land. Fortunately, it had other plans.

Probably too broken but I gotta tell ya, I love Kejeldoran Outpost and this actually seems kinda fair in a weird way. It's probably not fair at all though. :S Lets give it a B just Because. B

Radchek wrote:
Painland
Non-basic Land

When this land enters the battlefield it deals 2 damage to target creature or player.

"...Both thorns and thistles it shall bring forth for us...For out of the ground we were taken, and to the dust we shall return."

Totally love it! A+++++++++++

khara wrote:
Blind eternities
legendary land - rare

if <cardname> would leave play, return it to owner's hand instead.

T: put a charge counter on <cardname>

remove a charge counter from <cardname>: the next spell you cast cost 1 less to play and has "flash".

To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower Hold infinity in the palms of your hand and eternity in an hour

Totally broken. F

And there you have it! A last minute entry by Radchek takes it with his beatiful land, Painland. Awful name btw, but it's function is very balanced. I absolutely love it. Nice job!

Thx for playing everybody!
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Balaviaris wrote:
Voracious Rift

Land - Rare

X,tap: remove up to x counters from target permanent. Put a charge counter on Voracious Rift for each counter removed this way.

tap, remove X charge counters from Voracious Rift: Add X colorless mana to your mana pool.

"It feeds on your body, your family, your city, your plane. And when there is nothing left, it feeds on itself." - From the book "How to defeat the Voracious Rift".

jacois wrote:

I think you went a little power crazy with this one. Would have been much more balanced if it just tapped to "steal" 1 counter at a time for no cost, and could than tap and remove for mana. It could have even tapped for a colourless if you had done that. Don't get lost in the need to be the greatest land ever. Just make something simple and elegant or you'll never win when I'm judging. Cards alright, could have been Better. B

-

The fact that this card does absolutely nothing unless there is a permanent with counters on it in play, makes it unable to fulfill the criteria of "power crazy" Smile . And I'm not paying attention to who's judging each time nor do i care if i win or lose, I just participate for the fun of it (and if this post seems to contradict that statement, please ignore it).
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone wanna track down Jacois and punch him in the stomach until he cries?
EnforcerX

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

your reasonings for cards being good or bad has almost nothing to do with the card itself....just because u couldnt understand it or your own personal greivences to a certain ability makes it bad to you?....yo gave a fetchland an F minus because you said you hate fetchlands...meanwhile there some of THE best lands out there....and for some cards you didnt even give a description...you simply put FAIL....your a horrible judge for this
DuCK

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol yeah like how phantom island is "too broken" because somehow it's better than the fetchlands we already have...
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a note - My card searches out any land simply because the name was meant to match the meaning. Its a remembrance, so it fetches up any land (aka duals, fetches, as well as basics).
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regardless, let's chill out on Jacois. He is a treasured member of the Magic-League community and even though he is a complete Aspie, he's our complete Aspie.
dsouthers2

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I gotta go with the Jacois being a terribad judge crowd. He seemed to not understand a couple of the submissions and the reasons he gave for the grades he gave cards were pretty lackluster.

On a personal note, "I don't like it. D" That's good and all but a little elaboration would have been nice.
Jacois

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think my judgments were spot on. That took a long time to judge them all, and if I hurt your feelings because I didn't understand your card, than that's your fault, not mine. And if I simply don't like a card or think it's boring? Then I'm obv not going to pick it to win. :S So quit yer belly achin'.
xJudicatorx

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you must have misread mine. You have to pay 2 to get 1 colored mana barring outside effects(such as prismatic omen).

I can understand misreading cards because you're in a rush, but you could try to focus just a *bit* more.
Jacois

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xJudicatorx wrote:
I think you must have misread mine. You have to pay 2 to get 1 colored mana barring outside effects(such as prismatic omen).

I can understand misreading cards because you're in a rush, but you could try to focus just a *bit* more.

Yes, I did misread yours. I read it as if it tapped for 1. why the hell did you put {} around the 1? Honestly, that just fucked me right up. lol Oh well.
testbuddy

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacois wrote:
why the hell did you put {} around the 1?

It's the syntax on Gatherer for symbols.
Sprouts

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judicator should receive praise for his card. His card name was also brilliant
Radchek

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I'm glad you liked it. When you said you wanted some simple yet elegant I couldn't really find a name other than Painland that represented that.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4