Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MODERN Urzatron Decklist

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks
Kewpee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:33 am    Post subject: MODERN Urzatron Decklist Reply with quote

Hi there, ive recently stumbled upon the Modern Format and automatically fell in love. Its fun, fair (as far as im concerned) and not the same FoW decks running around everywhere winning games and such.. so here is a list ive been testing to much success even against its ugly twin (Candelabra+Post combo) Im having such a blast playing this list and would like to pass it on!

// Lands
4 [8E] Urza's Mine
4 [8E] Urza's Power Plant
4 [8E] Urza's Tower
4 [TSP] Vesuva
1 [WWK] Eye of Ugin
4 [MR] Cloudpost
1 [SOM] Glimmerpost

// Creatures
1 [MBS] Blightsteel Colossus
2 [MBS] Phyrexian Revoker
4 [NPH] Phyrexian Metamorph
4 [WWK] Walking Atlas
4 [WWK] Lodestone Golem
2 [DS] Sundering Titan
1 [ROE] Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
2 [ROE] Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
1 [ROE] Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre
2 [SOM] Wurmcoil Engine
4 [SOM] Steel Hellkite

// Spells
2 [DS] Trinisphere
2 [MR] Lightning Greaves
3 [NPH] Karn Liberated
4 [ZEN] Expedition Map

// Sideboard
SB: 1 [MBS] Phyrexian Revoker
SB: 2 [MR] Chalice of the Void
SB: 3 [8E] Defense Grid
SB: 1 [SOM] Platinum Emperion
SB: 2 [8E] Ensnaring Bridge
SB: 1 [M10] Pithing Needle
SB: 2 [DS] Darksteel Forge
SB: 3 [NPH] Hex Parasite

The game plan is quite simple.. Early on you want to get the urzatron active (duh!) drop trinisphere, or lodestone golem to slow down your opponent. as soon as the tron is on, you can start laying down threat after threat (need mind these arent the easiest to take care of turn 3-5) A basic game will look like this:

Turn 1- Urza's Mine/tower/plant, Expedition map
Turn 2- Urza's Mine/tower/plant
End of op. Turn 2 crack map for last peace of urza
Turn 3- Urzas Mine/tower/plant, Random Threat (Karn,Wurmcoil,Hellkite)

Once those threats hit the board your op. is in a very bad position, Sure they can just blow it up or RFG it but next turn you'll be dropping more and more threats until eventually it catches them with no more removal.. or you swing with emrakul Razz

Any ideas or thought would be awesome!!!
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would suggest weathered wayfarer
DuCK

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not run with 4 trini and 4 chalice?
Jacois

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks neat. I think you're severely limiting yourself without any way to interact with your opponent.... It's very odd that you're not using blue or green. But whatever. Neat deck.

Only 22 lands and 1 Glimmerpost?! Hrmmm.... I do not approve. TBH I don't understand your deck. What about Oblivion Stone? You don't really run any cheap permanents and it'll wipe the board of Mystics and Swords. *shrugs*
Kewpee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DuCK, I dont run four of each because trinisphere will become a dead draw later on and i only need the chalices early on to stop 1 and 2 drop spells

@Jacois Im not playing any colors in the deck because im playing it more like a legacy Metalworker deck, while it CAN run colors i just thought id challenge myself to make an all colorless deck. The 1 glimmerpost is there because during testing i would draw them as dead draws with only 1 cloudpost, id much rather draw the cloudpost to get them up and running, Also the cloudpost is there as a secondary way to ramp mana, the main focus is of course urzatron. And as far as threats like mystics and swords, thats what revoker/karn are there for, turn 3 karn always beats turn 3 sword/batterskull actually in testing the main problem has been flyers. so i put the hellkites in which can also "Wipe" their board of swords, and mystics without having to wait a few turns to put counters on my own guys..

Maybe your not getting it clearly.. The deck isnt slow and doesnt need to stall out the opponent, it produces 6-7 mana turn 3 which not a lot of decks cantdeal with. Main concerns actually is blood moon Sad((
Kewpee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i dont know why everyone posts replies like there trying not to insult me, i asked for comments. I like the green splash because it gives access to sylvan scrying and scape shift, ill try a couple of ideas out, see what works and post any updates on here, if anyone would like to post some of their own urzatron lists please go ahead
Kewpee

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue berry pancakes.... lol

im running some numbers as well, its supposed to have a lot of big threats, i could solidify it a little more and tighten it up to play out more of a combo deck, but right now its like giant scary creature aggro
zebo_88

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

why post and tron in the same deck? i dont like the idea.. if you have 1 urza's mine 1 urza's tower and 1 cloudpost you have nothing at all.. and then, if you find yourself with 2 urza's lands and 1 vesuva you won't catch anything.. i think some land fix such as sylvan scrying is needed.. also then, dont you think some All is Dust would fit there? all your permanents are colorless.. everyone feel free to explain what's wrong with me.. Very Happy
Kewpee

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, there is nothing wrong with you this thread is for suggestions and deck building, were currently working on the deck as we speak
R3wind

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Green also gives you Harmonize.
jonwayne

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zebo_88 wrote:
why post and tron in the same deck? i dont like the idea.. if you have 1 urza's mine 1 urza's tower and 1 cloudpost you have nothing at all.. and then, if you find yourself with 2 urza's lands and 1 vesuva you won't catch anything.. i think some land fix such as sylvan scrying is needed.. also then, dont you think some All is Dust would fit there? all your permanents are colorless.. everyone feel free to explain what's wrong with me.. Very Happy

post some kinda list, it already sounds like you're on the right track anyway
doc_morriar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the list, you have some interesting ideas there. how about running blue for power counterspells (condescend) als with blue comes trinket and treasure mage (both are extremely relevant in the deck
trinket obviously searches for expedition map (which isnt the silliest plan seeing as when you get 3 lands you win.
you could also have a 1 of chimeric mass?

treasure mage is for random one ofs
steel hellkite, sundering titan, blight/darksteel collossus)
you can also fit in the 7/10 trample shroud artifact (its a kraken or something)
Kewpee

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WIll be editing a new decklist into this spot later on, sad i didnt get to play in the trial because of work but ill do the next one hopefully.. maybe a Modern Master??? hint hint hint...

UG Urzatron
// Lands
4 Breeding Pool
4 Misty Rainforest
4 Urza's Mine
4 Urza's Power Plant
4 Urza's Tower
2 Forest
1 Eye of Ugin
2 Tolaria West

// Creatures
1 Treasure Mage
1 Blightsteel Colossus
3 Trinket Mage
1 Kozilek, Butcher of Truth
4 Lodestone Golem
1 Emrakul, the Aeons Torn
4 Steel Hellkite
1 Wurmcoil Engine
1 Sundering Titan
1 Ulamog, the Infinite Gyre

// Spells
1 Scapeshift
2 Oblivion Stone
2 Trinisphere
3 Sylvan Scrying
4 Expedition Map
3 All Is Dust

// Planeswalkers
2 Karn Liberated

// Sideboard
SB: 1 Boseiju, Who Shelters All
SB: 1 Oblivion Stone
SB: 1 Trinisphere
SB: 2 Chalice of the Void
SB: 4 Naturalize
SB: 1 Inkwell Leviathan
SB: 1 Sylvan Scrying
SB: 1 Platinum Emperion
SB: 3 Phyrexian Metamorph

for mana fixing i added sylvan scring and tolaria west also the trinket mage expedition map combo works pretty well in tight spots.

Last edited by Kewpee on Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
Blancoke

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

- how does muddle help you fixing your mana?
- you will almost never cast cryptic command with 4 breeding pool, 2 tolaria west and 4 misty rainforest, i suggest cutting it.
- Trinket mage is actually not so good, treasure mage is really a good card in your deck.
- 2 emrakul is too much, since you only want to draw one (and you can search it with eye of ugin).

What i suggest:
-1 vesuva
-3 trinket mage
-1 emrakul
-2 cryptic command
-2 muddle the mixture
+1 forest
+4 sylvan scrying
+2 karn
+2 ? Mana leak?

I like your idea,

cheers
blancoke
Kewpee

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

for some reason last night when i put it together i thought muddle said 0 like tolaria.. MY BAD lol fixed it tho
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Casual or Other Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2