Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Create a card round 45

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic
MassO

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jealousy 2WR (Mythic Rare)

Legendary Enchantment

When another creature enters the battlefield under your control,
sacrifice all other creatures you control.

When a creature enters the battlefield under an opponents control,
gain control of all other creatures that player controls.

When you control no creatures, sacrifice Jealousy and it deals 5
damage to you.

"Can't add without losing, but you can gain from others losing" - Major Player Pimp.
niteshade

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DuCK wrote:
niteshade wrote:
Vertigo -1GG
Enchantment - Aura (Uncommon)

Enchant player

Creatures enchanted player controls lose flying.

Sorry I didnt get a new round going, I had to leave town for work. Thank you Sprouts for keeping it going.

There's already a card called vertigo.

Sorry I don't have all cardnames memorized
Radchek

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frustrating Egotist 2U
Creature- Human Mage

U, Remove a Blue card from your graveyard from the game T: Counter target activated or triggered ability. (Mana abilities can't be countered.)

0/2

"It is extremely arrogant and very foolish to think that you can ever outwit me." Jim Darkmagic
Djinn
Level 2 Judge

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ck3gds wrote:
Djinn wrote:
Sloth - BBB
Enchantment - Rare
Skip your draw step.
Whenever you cast a spell, counter it unless you pay {2}.
Thou seest how sloth wastes the sluggish body, as water is corrupted unless it moves.

Is this meant to be intentionally bad? Like One with Nothing? Shocked

Of course it is a bad card. It is better than One With Nothing, though, as you can Donate it and make your opponent lose because of Sloth Very Happy
Sprouts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Judging will happen tomorrow for sure, am short of time right now. Feel free to submit more cards, theres still plenty to explore in the theme.
ikazuchi

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obsessive–Compulsive Disorder 1UR
Legendary Enchantment (Rare)

As Obsessive–Compulsive Disorder enters the battlefield, choose odd or even. (Zero is even.)

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player draws three cards. Then that player discards two cards unless he or she discards a card with converted mana cost of the chosen value.

Players can't cast spells without converted mana cost of the chosen value.

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind.
Balaviaris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 8:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nostalgia - 1UB

Enchantment - Rare

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player loses life equal to the number of cards in his/her graveyard.

"You ask for the sweet return to your home, great Odysseus, but know that a god is against you." -Teiresias to Odysseus.
dsouthers2

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forced Epiphany - 2UU

Instant - Rare

Look at the top 5 cards of your library and separate them in to 2 piles, one face up the other face down. Target opponent chooses one of those piles, put that pile in your hand and exile the other.

"If only there were a longer time between epiphany and epitaph." -David Glaser
Sprouts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all

Before analyzing each card individually, a quick view on the overall submissions.

Many good cards for sure, however, I feel that perhaps most people did not understand that I wanted a legitimate card, one that could get in a regular MTG set. Most of the problems occurred with the card names. Even though a card named “schizophrenia of the frontal lobe” (if that makes any sense) could have a good match between the feeling and the card effect, I doubt it would get printed with that name.

So, heres to each card:

Anxiety UU - Jacois
Enchantment - Aura *rare*

Enchant opponent
Enchanted opponents permanents come into play tapped.
"The fear of defeat is the first step to its realization."

First card and it was spot on. I love simple, elegant cards, and this one is one of them. I like it how it is an enchant opponent card (had not thought of that), and the CIP effect is perfect description of an anxious behaviour, how the mage summons everything in a nervous rush and the result is something unfinished (or perhaps overfinished) and useless. Seems like a strong card as well (in terms of playing) and flavor text is relevant. Really liked it.

Horny R - Manfred Byron

Instant common

Target creature gets +2+0 and first strike and must attack or block this turn if able.

You won't believe what he did to the body.

A cool joke card. I would really prefer this card to be named something like “Hornyness” or “Turn on”. I agree that simply Horny has a better sonority, but what/who is horny? Bothers me a bit. As for the card, perhaps only “attack” instead of attack or block would be better, but it would make it a lot weaker. Good card overall.

Stoned | GU – Apple of Eris
Enchantment - Aura (Common)

Enchant Creature

Enchanted Creature cannot attack, block, or use activated abilities.

At the beginning of your upkeep, put a Red Eye token on enchanted creature. When enchanted creature has 3 or more Red Eye tokens, flip Stoned.

-----------------------------------------

Munchies
Enchantment - Aura

Enchant Creature

Enchanted Creature gets +5/+5, trample, and attacks each turn if able.

Sometimes a bag of Cheetos just will not do...

Very cool card, but again, same problem with the name as previous card. I really like the mechanic of its effect switching sides, and each effect fits pretty well with the respective theme. Red eye token (I guess you mean counter) is a bit of overdoing in my opinion (should just be charge, or stoned counter w/e) but doenst hurt the card. Don’t like the flavor.

Trippin - Duck

WUBRG

Enchantment

All lands on the battlefield are every basic land type in addition to their other type.

All cards that aren't on the battlefield, spells, and permanents are all colors.

Rare

"The snozberries taste like snozberries!"

A good association between tripping and everything being 5 colors. Still, problems with the name (read above), and to be quite honest, card is nearly useless. You have prismatic omen doing almost the same effect for 1G, plus, if you can pay wubrg, why the hell would you need a card to help you do so. Funny how in real life all you have to do is turn on a cigarette in order to trip, but in the world of mtg you have to pay WUBRG. Really makes you appreciate this world.

Suicide Inoculator | 2BB – ck3gds

Creature - Zombie Cleric (rare)

XBB, T: Target creature gains "Cumulative upkeep X." (At the beginning of its controller's upkeep, that player puts an age counter on it, then sacrifices it unless he or she pays its upkeep cost for each age counter on it.)

"Life is meaningless. Your existence is futile. Nobody will miss you if you're gone..."

2/2

A good limited card. Its weird how suicide is usually thought of as such a personal activity, but in this card it is portrayed more like a growing burden affecting not so much the creature but the one that takes care of it. The idea of a suicide innoculator is a weird one, but I liked the card overall. Flavor text is very direct but relevant nonetheless.

Paranoia – Rag_garn
2RR
Enchant player

Whenever enchanted player draws a card you may pay X, IF you do, target player reveals the drawn card, iF the card drawn by enchanted player has the same converted mana cost as X. then enchanted player takes X damage and discards that card.

"I know you got it!"

I liked this card, but there are a few problems with it. The biggest issue for me is that you are enchanting your opponent with “Paranoia”, but somehow, you are the one being paranoid. Paranoia is also usually portrayed as something negative, but in this card it is a positive effect (I have no problems with that, I liked the card).

Raging Insomnia - 1WR - Known
Enchantment (Rare)

Creatures you control have Haste, Vigilance, First Strike, and must attack each turn if able.

Sacrifice Raging Insomnia: Destroy all creatures you control and put a X/X Warrior creature token into play with Haste, Vigilance, and first strike. X is equal to the number of creatures put into a graveyard this turn.

Raging Insomnia huh. Complicated feeling. Insomnia is many times accompanied by torpor and tiredness, but you made it raging (which is cool). As for the card, I guess there is association between the abilities and the feeling (especially vigilance), but overall, not more than that. The sacrifice effect is also quite senseless.

Vertigo -1GG - niteshade
Enchantment - Aura (Uncommon)

Enchant player

Creatures enchanted player controls lose flying.

A Direct association and a properly built card, just a bit flavorless.

High and Mighty - UUWW - JayceMoves

Enchantment - Rare

When High and Mighty enters the battlefield, put a Grand counter on all permanents on the battlefield except High and Mighty.

All permanents with a Grand counter on them are indestructible.

Pay 1 Life: Remove a Grand counter from a permanent you control. Target permanent loses it's Grand counter.

Eventually everyone will find out they're all alike. I, of course, am much too above that...
~Pompous Aristocrat

I liked this card and its mechanic, but I really think it should be white and green. High and mighty is an interesting feeling, anyone who has felt this way will know.

Chilling Rage 1UR - testbuddy

Enchantment (Rare)

Whenever you draw a card, name a card and reveal the top card of your library. If you reveal the named card, Chilling Rage deals two damage to target creature or player.

Anger is a two-edged blade. I'm quite proficient at using both.

I really didn’t get this card. Perhaps “drawing a card” is seen as a chilled activity, and you use it in a fit of rage to deal damage to something. Don’t know, if that is the case, perhaps card should be named From chill to rage or something like that. Didn’t get it sorry.

Slump 1U – blitzer2k7

Instant - Uncommon

As an additional cost to play slump, return a land you control to its owner's hand.

Target player skips his or her next untap, upkeep, and draw steps.

One of my favorites, more because of the mechanic than because of the association, perhaps I just don’t like to let my opponents untap.

Sloth - BBB
Enchantment - Rare
Skip your draw step.
Whenever you cast a spell, counter it unless you pay {2}.
Thou seest how sloth wastes the sluggish body, as water is corrupted unless it moves.

Procrastination - 2UU
Enchantment - Rare
When you cast a spell from your hand, exile it with a time counter on it. It gains Suspend 1.
You may delay, but time will not.

Interesting cards. I really liked the flavor from Sloth, and the mechanics and association from procrastination. If procrastination had the effect be on the opponent I would have really adored it. Liked em both nonetheless.

Dissociative identity disorder UR

Enchantment - Aura U

Enchant Creature

At the beggining of each player's upkeep that player gains control of enchanted creature. Untap it.

Enchanted creature gains haste.

"My other self insisted that we originaly belonged on the other side but then we couldnt realy know since the third personality wouldnt tell us if we had changed sides last time he was in control".

Very nice card, very nice mechanics and association. My problem is, as you might have figured if you read the introduction, the card name. Flavor is good but perhaps it suffers from being overly jokeful.

Magus of the Horror 2BB

Creature - Human Wizard (rare)

3B,T: Creatures you control gain intimidate until end of turn.

2/4

Buh!

Yeah, not crazy about this card. It does not explore any feeling or state of mind, simply makes an association between Horror and the intimidate mechanic. Should also be an uncommon.

Discriminate (2BB)
sorcery - rare

Choose a creature in play. Destroy all other creatures in play, they cannot regenerate.
Each player reveals his or her hand and discards all creature cards.

make the lie big! make it simple! keep saying it and eventually they will die for it!- Commander Adolf

Nope, not what I asked for. The feeling of discrimination is a very powerful one, and one that could be very well explored, but this card makes very little sense. It is more or less a take on the card Persecute, but with creatures instead of color (which is nice), but it makes no sense in the association. First, youre choosing a creature (disciminating it?), but then you destroy all the rest? Who wouldn’t want to be discriminated in this situation? You can argue that you are choosing a creature and discriminating all the rest but that’s forcing it a little don’t you think? Plus, I wanted more of an exploration of a feeling, not of an action.

Jealousy 2WR (Mythic Rare)

Legendary Enchantment

When another creature enters the battlefield under your control,
sacrifice all other creatures you control.

When a creature enters the battlefield under an opponents control,
gain control of all other creatures that player controls.

When you control no creatures, sacrifice Jealousy and it deals 5
damage to you.

"Can't add without losing, but you can gain from others losing" - Major Player Pimp.

Jealousy could have been a great card, but I think it stumbled somewhere ( I still liked it). I think it should have been something more linked to when an opponent or a permanent an opponent controls gains a bonus, you or your permanent(s) gain as well. It could have been with the sacrifice other creatures theme, not saying its not a good idea, but I would prefer if it had a specific creature to be the jealous one and to try to destroy each new one that tried to get in. Still a cool card.

Frustrating Egotist 2U
Creature- Human Mage

U, Remove a Blue card from your graveyard from the game T: Counter target activated or triggered ability. (Mana abilities can't be countered.)

0/2

"It is extremely arrogant and very foolish to think that you can ever outwit me." Jim Darkmagic

A nice card in its mechanic, but not much of an association there dont you think? I mean, sure, you could argue that hes an egotist, so he doesn’t want anything else to work except for him, but that’s not very convincing.

Obsessive–Compulsive Disorder 1UR
Legendary Enchantment (Rare)

As Obsessive–Compulsive Disorder enters the battlefield, choose odd or even. (Zero is even.)

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player draws three cards. Then that player discards two cards unless he or she discards a card with converted mana cost of the chosen value.

Players can't cast spells without converted mana cost of the chosen value.

Knowledge which is acquired under compulsion obtains no hold on the mind.

A nice card, some problems with the title (compulsion would be nice, but there’s already a card named that way), but quite flavorful. I like it how you draw and discard, everything very intensely and keep only a specific thing you have been searching for. Still, I think it could have been even more specific (in the case of the obsessive feeling). Something like name a card, and you discard everything that’s not it, don’t know. Don’t know how powerful it is (perhaps it should be limited to you and have no effect ou your opponent because the casting restrictions can really kill some decks). Liked the flavor as well.

Nostalgia - 1UB

Enchantment - Rare

At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player loses life equal to the number of cards in his/her graveyard.

"You ask for the sweet return to your home, great Odysseus, but know that a god is against you." -Teiresias to Odysseus

Damn nice card. Love it how nostalgia is seen as deeply negative (even though I myself consider it a positive feeling), to the point of actually leeching your life (the graveyard being the memories, the more you cling on them, the more you lose). I think it could be a very good card for a UB mill deck, either as a primary or a secondary win condition. Not sure I like the flavor text though. Sure, it fits as a nostalgia theme, but I would prefer it to be more intimate rather than epic. Nostalgia is such an intimate feeling.

Forced Epiphany - 2UU

Instant - Rare

Look at the top 5 cards of your library and separate them in to 2 piles, one face up the other face down. Target opponent chooses one of those piles, put that pile in your hand and exile the other.

"If only there were a longer time between epiphany and epitaph." -David Glaser

Very nice mechanics with the face down pile. Not sure if it corresponds as best as it could to the card name/feeling. More than forced, it seems like a part is permitted while the other is forbidden. Selective/Permitted Epiphany perhaps, don’t know. Good flavor text and good overall card.

Many nice cards, the top 4 is:

1- Jacois – Anxiety
2- Balaviaris – Nostalgia
3- Stoned - AppleofEris
4- Tied for the 4th place are Paranoia by Rag_garn and Dissociative Identity disorder

Thank you all and hope you had fun creating your cards. If Jacois doesn’t want to/can’t do next round he can pass it to Balaviaris or Niteshade who won the last round (I took it from him, sorry!).
testbuddy

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the feeling mine was a card not everyone would like. I was trying to express controlled anger; the card gives you information and damage opportunity at every draw, especially when properly played. It makes Brainstorm a modular 6 damage spell for example.

Basically my intent was for it to allow you to wait for opportunities and take advantage of them. I particularly enjoy how much it scales in effect when properly used.
Sprouts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya sorry testbuddy. You see, I did like its mechanic , but I was really prioritazing a clean association between the feeling and the mechanic, and yours was a bit confusing imo.
AppleofEris

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You really didn't like my flavor-text? What kinda nerd are you?
DuCK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd just like to defend the power level of my card.

Yes it's costly, but for good reason.

Making all cards all colors means color hosers or any card based on color = god.

Same story with the land. Means anything with basic landwalk is now unblockable.

Would it ever see constructed play? Unlikely, but it is solid for formats such as edh and the like.

Obviously the name would not stick. Just my $.02
Sprouts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

point taken duck
blitzer2k7

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also not that I wanted to make my card strong but not feel overpowered but I think I kinda missed on that aspect, though in my opinion the feeling that goes with the card name fits perfectly. I mean how is not getting to utilize your whole beginning phase not going to put you into a slump (from say losing every game)?
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Other - Magic All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3