Magic-League.com Forum Index Magic-League.com
Forums of Magic-League: Free Online tcg playing; casual or tournament play.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Help building infect deck

Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks
SolPlyr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 5:48 pm    Post subject: Help building infect deck Reply with quote

Hi all!

I really like playing with infect. That said, I've never been really good with building a real competitive deck. I can build a casual deck and hold my own fairly well against other casual players. However, when I go competitive, it's not very good.

Here's an example of what I am currently testing:

2 Grim Affliction
4 Go for the Throat
2 Corrupted Resolve
2 Steady Progress
1 Contagion Clasp
1 Chained Throatseeker
4 Viral Drake
1 Hand of the Praetors
2 Flesh-Eater Imp
4 Blighted Agent
2 Blackcleave Goblin
2 Corpse Cur
2 Core Prowler
2 Spread the Sickness
2 Tezzeret's Gambit
2 Fuel for the Cause
1 Throne of Geth
12 Island
12 Swamp

Sorry it's not in any sort of order; I just copied it over from MWS.

Anyway, any help you guys can provide would be excellent. I'm open to any and all ideas.

Thanks!
Rag_garn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up against a deck in Nationals which was a Monoblack infect deck, with Lashwrithe cheap infect cards, TEzzerets gambit for proliferate and Skithryx. So pretty much cheap black infect dudes with lashwrithe + inkmoth nexus that did the job.
pg8

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Inkmoth nexus and dual lands are pretty necessary. I would also ditch grim affliction, steady progress, chained throatseeker, blackcleave goblin, corpse cur, core prowler, and fuel for the cause right away. Try some more efficient black infecters like phyrexian crusader, necropede, plague stinger, skithiryx, and vatmother. Also, livewire lash is a pretty neat trick if you want to make it seem like you are proliferating.
SolPlyr

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Both good ideas. Just need to come up with the cash to get some of those cards. And since there are no stores in my area that sell singles, that means I go online.....
magicman85

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tumble Magnet and Everflowing Chalice might be worth looking into if you are going for a control-style infect/proliferate deck.

But if you want to play a top tier infect deck you should go with a faster all-in aggro type deck though.
SolPlyr

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to trade for Skithiryx, so that helped out. I'm sure I'll get a good thing going.

My local FNM is playing standard this week, so I'm going to try to go with some sort of mono black aggro deck.

Keep coming with the suggestions. I definitely appreciate them.
SolPlyr

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started thinking...

Even though we're going for the mono-black theme, would you add Mutagenic Growth to this deck? It's a green card, but since you can pay 2 life to cast it, why not use it?
eternal42

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vampire's bite is probably the best black pump spell in T2 other than lashwrithe which is a bit expensive but still worth it.
Reply to topic    Magic-League.com Forum Index -> Standard (T2) Decks All times are GMT - 7 Hours
Page 1 of 1